Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Strawberry Plant - v1.2 (5th Nov 2015)

by douglasveiga Posted 4th Dec 2013 at 7:50 AM - Updated 6th Nov 2015 at 12:53 AM by douglasveiga

321 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 128 Feedback Posts, 192 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 11 of 13
Inventor
Original Poster
#251 Old 2nd Apr 2014 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sirguylittle
I think I have found a way to allow, err... force, Bohemian Garden Fruit and Nuts to work with this mod. I am putting together a forum post to explain how as it is a bit long to put in here, so keep tuned, but just so you have something to look at

My instructions are up now and can be found here:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=523003

Thank you. I will paste the link over the mod description.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#252 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 5:42 AM
This is a lovely thing, and such a thorough job -- not just decor, but the full range of strawberry-enjoyment! Thank you so much. I love them.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#253 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 9:26 PM
This trick works for me! Thanks! I got rid of EA strawberries...

I have little request. I'd like to have corn fix working, but I also have a mod, that adds several new meals. Is it possible to connect them somehow?

This is the food mod:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=498764

How I'd like to have the corn in my game, but I like having those meals also, but they have conflict.
Test Subject
#254 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 3:07 AM
I like your mod, but I'm a little confused. I read your link on how to replace the strawberries from BG, but I still don't understand the difference between yours and the store's strawberries. Could you please explain it to me. I see a lot of people are happy with your mod, but I don't understand why exactly. I can't decide which one is best for me.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#255 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 1:06 PM
Thanks man!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#256 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 3:43 PM
This sounds a great idea! Can't wait to try it out! Many thanks!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#257 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 8:59 PM
partyanimal333, the Store strawberries are just strawberries, Sim can eat it, but he\she can't cook any meal from those. Strawberries from the mod looks better, and Sim can cook Strawberry Pie from those. So that's the difference. Normally you can't have both, cause BG "steals" strawberry from the mod and you can't cook strawberry pie.
Test Subject
#258 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 3:16 AM Last edited by partyanimal333 : 16th Apr 2014 at 3:27 AM.
Thank you, anie_1981 for clearing me up on the difference. I see now, kinda. I understand the purpose of the mod, but now I'm confused if I still need it. You said, "Sims can cook Strawberry Pie", but I have the Deliciously Indulgent Bakery set and it says you can cook all types of new pies (strawberry pie included) with the Baker's Station (I haven't tried it yet). So, if I understand you correctly, then I wont need this mod because I can now cook all the new recipes with the fruits (strawberries in this case)/nuts from the BG? Right?
Field Researcher
#259 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 11:25 PM
Yes, the new Bakery set does have strawberry pie, it just looks different than Douglas' strawberry pie. Plus the new Bakery you can make strawberry cobbler.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#260 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 9:59 PM
I put this in my game and when i load the game up it shows that its been detected but there are no strawberries in the store or in the buydebug list.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#261 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 6:04 PM
Did you clear caches?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#262 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 12:49 PM
Thank-you so much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#263 Old 6th May 2014 at 11:03 PM
NOm nom nom! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#264 Old 8th May 2014 at 6:09 PM
I tried everything deleted all cache files, even tried a clean Sims3 folder containing only strawberry plant mod 1.1 or 1.2. With 1.2 loading the world takes forever and I have to terminate the game. With 1.1 the strawberry appears only in grocery store but no with no icon. I can plant it and even create perfect strawberry plant but strawberries are invisible. If I take one from sim's invertory and leave it on the floor I cannot pick it up again because it's invisible and there is no way to clean the area it becomes unusuble and the only way to clean it is to restore game on previous save.
Saddly I decided to abandon my favourite fruit which would be great in my nectary garden.
Test Subject
#265 Old 11th May 2014 at 12:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
I am aware.

For ppl like me, who's maxi's stuff refuses to install because the install says update to latest version and the launcher in return insists that it is up to date, I appreciate the mod blooming maxi's updates forever breaking stuff, grrrrr. I wish someone would make a fix like this for all my maxi's stuff, I may be good at my job but a programmer I am not, or I'd do it myself, must be the artsy side of me interfering with; 426x877485158gosgjmlkx0 gobbeldygook language , *Pixie opens SimPE foreign apparent lookalike ancient Sumerian text program, sees a lot of numbered cody stuff close it! close it! close it! You're about to break stuff * No fault to the program, all my own I'm afraid :p
Test Subject
#266 Old 11th May 2014 at 12:17 PM
Thank you!
Thank you so much for this mod, I love strawberries, and imho I think it should be one of the default plants available on the base-game, to me it's like, bell peppers are default but not strawberries? And what about oranges? no oranges but we have pomegranates? What is a pomegranate anyway? Maybe it's because I'm in SA and to me oranges are more default than pomgranate, is it different in other countries? I don't know, I guess it's highly possible depending on where you live what grows easier? Actually that does make more sense now that I'm thinking about it

I was wondering, can you make it buy-able like the chef plant? I must have looked for it in the plant section for half an hour thinking I'm missing it, only to discover I have to go to the grocer to buy strawberries and then plant them
Mad Poster
#267 Old 11th May 2014 at 4:14 PM
I have oranges and pomelo..which are like huge grapefruits.. But if you have pomegranate, you also have pomelo..since they both come with World adventure.
So you just do not have the EP or SP..this is why you do not have oranges...
Pomegranate are so delicious! yum

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
#268 Old 12th May 2014 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I have oranges and pomelo..which are like huge grapefruits.. But if you have pomegranate, you also have pomelo..since they both come with World adventure.
So you just do not have the EP or SP..this is why you do not have oranges...
Pomegranate are so delicious! yum

Wait, maybe I know it by a different name, I'll go find some info on 'em Yes I have pomelo's too, which EP or SP did the oranges come with?

Ahh ok, yes, we don't really get pomegranates here in SA, not easily anyway, that's why I don't know it, we have a family member of it though, granadilla's, which are yummi too, I still prefer strawberries though
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#269 Old 20th May 2014 at 4:42 PM
THX
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#270 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 7:10 AM
Thanks, I love strawberries!
Test Subject
#271 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 8:35 AM
This mod is really great, except...
I've tried all 3 mods, and I cant get the pie! All I get is the strawberry at the grocery store.
And I'm a lvl.10 cook, so I should be able to make it?
Please help
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#272 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 1:40 PM
Thank You very much. i love strawberry)))
Space Pony
#273 Old 27th Jun 2014 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kuan
Thanks!!!!!But, how many mods can we download? I had downloaded 30+ mods and my game can't load!
Can you answer me?
Thanks~

BOOM! - That's you're problem right there, hon. You have at least thirty mods already. See, you need to relieve your game's congestion. In other words, you need to say goodbye to some of your mods so your game can run. Get rid of at least ten.
THANKS POST
#274 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 3:48 AM
love it for my gardening witch
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#275 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 4:12 PM
This is great, I love strawberries!
Page 11 of 13