Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Strawberry Plant - v1.2 (5th Nov 2015)

by douglasveiga Posted 4th Dec 2013 at 7:50 AM - Updated 6th Nov 2015 at 12:53 AM by douglasveiga

321 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 128 Feedback Posts, 192 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 13
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#201 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 3:11 AM
Please can u add strawberry cake/ cheesecake and anything else strawberry i am in love with this mod please Please add more recipes i love desserts andthey ned some more
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#202 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 2:27 PM
I adore this mod, but are you aware that the Store is about to release Strawberries as a harvestable?
Inventor
Original Poster
#203 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fairybug
I adore this mod, but are you aware that the Store is about to release Strawberries as a harvestable?

I am aware.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#204 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 7:43 PM
Finally! Strawberries are my favorite fruit. Now, since I'm new, I just need to find out how to install..........
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#205 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 8:55 AM
Could you make, the same way, some other fruits or vegetables that the game is missing? It would be awesome!!
Theorist
#206 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 6:31 PM
What's the deal regarding the new EA store strawberries? What happens if you have both installed?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#207 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
What's the deal regarding the new EA store strawberries? What happens if you have both installed?

It's simple : you get both items. But one is for free. HA HA HA, EA!

Still, it's nice to know it's possible to add harvestables in a mod. Great one, by the way, thanks!
Inventor
Original Poster
#208 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist

not sure yet. I hope they didn't named the files and strawberry's references like I did.
Instructor
#209 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 12:18 AM
Can you make new recipes cloning some of those that already exist on the game? I've seen a post where a modder did new chocolate cookies but he couldn't make it appear on the fridge as a new recipe, the new cookies ended up only as a default replacement. There are almost no custom food/recipes for Sims 3, I mean, food we can cook. =/
I think strawberry doesn't show up in the right section on the grocery store, I'm using that cooking ingredients overhaul, what may be causing this, your mod or the overhaul? Thanks for this mod, people are saying that your strawberries look better than EA's lol :D
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#210 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 2:15 AM
Well, my feeling about Store premium content is you shouldn't buy it for 6 months, because of bugs. So Doug's strawberries are still worth having.

I hope more people add harvestables this way, since you proved it is possible. I'd try my hand at it, but I'm too darn lazy. ;-)
Inventor
Original Poster
#211 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by queziacristina
Can you make new recipes cloning some of those that already exist on the game? I've seen a post where a modder did new chocolate cookies but he couldn't make it appear on the fridge as a new recipe, the new cookies ended up only as a default replacement. There are almost no custom food/recipes for Sims 3, I mean, food we can cook. =/
I think strawberry doesn't show up in the right section on the grocery store, I'm using that cooking ingredients overhaul, what may be causing this, your mod or the overhaul? Thanks for this mod, people are saying that your strawberries look better than EA's lol :D

http://modthesims.info/download.php...473#post4303473

Quote: Originally posted by Amber Lokisdotter
Well, my feeling about Store premium content is you shouldn't buy it for 6 months, because of bugs. So Doug's strawberries are still worth having.

I hope more people add harvestables this way, since you proved it is possible. I'd try my hand at it, but I'm too darn lazy. ;-)

LOL

Quote: Originally posted by lataya25
Please can u add strawberry cake/ cheesecake and anything else strawberry i am in love with this mod please Please add more recipes i love desserts andthey ned some more

Sorry, no plans for new content.
Smeg Head
#212 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 10:27 AM
The Bohemian Garden Store Strawberries overwrite DouglasVeiga's unfortunately. In that I had a bunch of DV's left in the fridge from last week, then installed Store content today, only to find that EA has claimed DV's strawberries as their own - like Nazis stealing art. Worst still, now they cannot be used to bake strawberry cake either. Booo EA!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#213 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 10:55 AM Last edited by XsauroxPlayer : 8th Mar 2014 at 4:49 PM.
Yes, I can confirm that store strawberries override these ones. Hope DouglasVeiga fixes this :\
Test Subject
#214 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 1:10 PM
What's really frustrating is that both strawberry plants will happily co-exist in the game. I had a game which already had Doug's strawberry plants in the ground and after installing Bohemian Gardens they were still there. Unfortunately harvesting them also produces EA strawberries!
Put them both side by side, and Doug's definitely look way better.
Theorist
#215 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 1:49 PM
Pineberries look like strawberries but are white. With a bit of trickery maybe there is a workaround.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
THANKS POST
#216 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 8:27 PM
This is amazing!! Thank you so much!!
Test Subject
#217 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 11:06 PM
Default Lost Strawberry
I too have no strawberry plants after new set from ea, so no strawberry pie and no wonderful plant that does look like a strawberry. Can this be fixed please .
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#218 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 7:35 PM
OMG :o thank you very much for this mod! :D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#219 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 8:31 PM
So, is there any sense to have both kind of strawberrys? I'm installing Bohemian Garden, and I hoped I can have both... But If I can't bake strawberry cake... Then I don't know if I should have both strawberrys... Douglasveiga, can you do something about it?
Top Secret Researcher
#220 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 1:48 AM Last edited by barbarat : 12th Mar 2014 at 4:20 AM. Reason: Correction on Corn Issue
I just installed the Bohemian Garden and these strawberries AND the CORN will no longer work. I am sooooo sorry I bought it. The only thing worth having was the extra fruits and nuts and even those are a disappointment. Going to uninstall it. Would rather have Douglas' Strawberries w/the recipe and the Corn.... *kicking myself*

Until I had another problem on the lot with something different I did not realize it was the "bad" lot causing the problem with the corn. Very sorry, my bad, did not mean to mislead anyone.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#221 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 12:43 PM
About the corn, I never had it, thought I have Bohenian Garden and this grandpapa lot (with the tractor). If you had this corn working, could you show the screen of it?
Top Secret Researcher
#222 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anie_1981
About the corn, I never had it, thought I have Bohenian Garden and this grandpapa lot (with the tractor). If you had this corn working, could you show the screen of it?
\

Hi anie.. I don't have any growing in my game right now (it's winter) but here's a link with a picture. You need to scroll down a bit for the pic. This pic does not show it but you can actually see the corn when it is ready for harvest. It's awesome, makes a farm look like a REAL farm. http://www5.modthesims.info/t/print...7&page=56&pp=25
Instructor
THANKS POST
#223 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 7:30 PM Last edited by anie_1981 : 12th Mar 2014 at 11:48 PM.
Thanks. I have a mod that adds new meals, and this corn fix have conflict with it. Pitty.

Edit:

Do the corn add any recipes? I've installed Bohena's Garden, but I don't have any new recipes. I have this mod:

http://www.modthesims.info/download...5#startcomments

So I thought, that maybe I don't have new recipes because the mod, the corn and Bohena's Garden use the same xml file. I woud like to combine them all, only I don't know how...
Top Secret Researcher
#224 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 1:08 PM
Hi anie .. I have the new Garden, the corn fix, and DouglasViegas strawberries in and the only problems is Douglas' strawberries no longer show up because of store's garden which means the recipie for his strawberries is gone. If your corn is not working check to make sure you downloaded the correct version. IIRC there were two versions available for that fix. There are no recipes for the corn so far, at least not that I am aware of. In fact, I don't think there are any new recipes for and of the new harvestables. I looked at your link above and do not know what you are referring to there as there are a lot of conversations going on. Sorry.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#225 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 1:28 PM
OK, forget about corn. I've installed only Bohena's Garden, on fresh TS3 folder, no mods at all, and I have new fruits, but no new recipes. That means I must have something wrong, cause EA description says there are also new recipes... I have original set.
Page 9 of 13