Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Medieval Cookbook - Read Description

by Littlbowbub Posted 9th May 2020 at 1:13 PM - Updated 1st Aug 2021 at 12:14 AM by Littlbowbub

35 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 2
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by silvernmaide
Sadly, it doesn't work in my game. The sims will start chopping up vegetables for the stew, but then suddenly stop and won't progress. Could this be because I'm playing an off the grid household?

Yes, I think it's likely due to that.. I'm going to look into making the book usable 'off the grid' but I think it's down to the individual recipes and not the book itself.. the way EA have made it so only certain foods can be cooked :/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by _xKindredxSoulsx_
Excited to try this and wondering is there any chance this would work with grills? If not have you considered making versions of some of them for the grill? Not playing medieval(at the moment), but my sims are roughing it and there is a lack of recipes(especially breakfast food) for the grill and I can see some of these making sense there as well.

And a another thought, have you considered making some prehistoric(fire-pit centric hopefully) recipes? I play history challenge and my cave sims can only eat fish if they want to eat realistic meals that actually use ingredients.Not to mention that white plate -_-

I can add recipes that use the grill and fire-pits in future (I like the new one that came with island living but haven't had much chance to check it out in game yet)
Test Subject
#28 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 11:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Littlbowbub
Hi! I'll look into this because I'd also love to use the book off the grid (it only makes sense!) but I think EA have coded things oddly so that you can only cook mac and cheese off the grid.. or something like that but hopefully it'll be easy enough to do.. *hopefully* :D

Oooh it would be absolutley amazing! I've been testing around again and since the grills work just fine off-the-grid (I mean they're supposed to be powered by burning coal :D) it just might be a great work-around to make some of the food bbq-foods? Ofc might complicate matters more, sorry I honestly don't know haha.. Btw you can cook at least tomato soup with an off-the-grid compatible stove tho! (Actually it might be one of those off-the-grid-only recipes but don't quote me on that!) Also I've been using Historicalsimslife's beautiful cc grill (100% recommend for your medieval gameplay) that basically looks like a medieval umm.. stove (I guess ) so it wouldn't look out-of-the-place one bit if you could cook "normal" foods on it as well! Just throwing around suggestions here! ^^ ..think I need to start modding myself and stop pestering modders on forums :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 8:02 AM
I already like Granny's Cookbook so I thought I might get this too.
Test Subject
#30 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 6:27 AM
The Granny's cookbook works without a problem but for some reason this one doesn't. Any ideas why? Thank you in advance!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 10:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AleciaE
The Granny's cookbook works without a problem but for some reason this one doesn't. Any ideas why? Thank you in advance!

Hi, could you explain what's happening (or isn't happening) and I can look into this in my game
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 18th Aug 2020 at 2:51 PM
Thanks for this. I'm excited to try this on my game :)
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 8th May 2021 at 10:26 PM
This worked for me before the upgrade now I cannot find it anywhere in my game :'(
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#34 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 2:40 AM
I loved this mod.
Test Subject
#35 Old 26th Apr 2022 at 1:30 AM
The fried fowl is not recognizing the flour in the inventory, even though it is showing up to make bread.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#36 Old 25th Jun 2022 at 12:33 AM
Thanks
Page 2 of 2