Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st May 2015 at 5:16 AM Last edited by mama_tex : 11th Jun 2015 at 4:58 PM.
Default It's all Relative
Ok, this is my first challenge post. Not sure if this is a "real" challenge or how many of you will enjoy this, It is something I did with every neighborhood in Sims 3. It is for people who like rotational play.

Goal
Make every pre-made sim related to each other and the sim you make.

Set Up

Step 1-make your sim. Gender, traits, aspirations are all up to you.
Step 2-pick the neighborhood you want to play in.
Step 3-Go into world edit mode-move all sims from the neighborhood you are not playing into houses in the neighborhood you are. All pre-made sims need to be in the same neighborhood to make hooking up easier on you.
Households you will be playing:
Spencer-Kim-Lewis
Landgrabb
Goth
Caliente
Pancakes
Roomies (Hunington, Richards, Patel & Kalani)
Zest
BFF ( Scott, Holiday & Lee)
Your sim
Step 4- Decide which order you are going to play the households.

Now play your sim for one week game time-during that week try and get him/her married and pregnant.
After the week is up switch to the next house on your list. And do the same.
Each single sim in game should be married up with other single sims. Continue until everybody is hooked up and has a kid.
Then start on the next generation: Generation 2 kids will marry other generation 2 kids, and have kids
Rotate thur the 2 generation families like you did with their parents.
If your male/female ratio is off you can have more than one child-or have the unmatched up child marry a pre-made sim "not in world"
Continue through as many generations as it takes to make everyone related.

You win the Challenge when everyone is part of the same genealogical tree. See if you can complete it in less generations than it takes me or others playing.

Rules:

-You only play one family at a time-for one full week Sunday to Sunday(Switch mid Sunday)
-No money, mood, aspiration or cheat of similar nature (mods are fine as long as the don't give you an advantage)
-no moving sims in with cheats. they can move in with each other before marriage or instead of marriage. but the must be living together to have children.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 1:47 AM
Sound fun. I can't wait to play.
Test Subject
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 10:39 AM
This seems pretty interesting. Are there any restrictions on ageing sims up early? Or what lifespan the game should ideally be set to for this challenge?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mcgooglypip
This seems pretty interesting. Are there any restrictions on ageing sims up early? Or what lifespan the game should ideally be set to for this challenge?

so glad you are thinking about giving it a go.

I personally age my babies, because they are not fun, but the rest of the sims should not be. Lifespan should be set to normal-but really it's up you. If you find that the game is dragging while you wait for everyone to age up then change it to a short lifespan. Just have fun with it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marthaadele
Sound fun. I can't wait to play.

Thanks, let me know how it goes. :-)

you can post pictures right here in the comments, that I would love to see.
Test Subject
#6 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 2:30 PM
I'm going to be starting this challenge today, it sounds great. I remember when I did Perfect Genetics on TS3 and I ended up with the town pretty much all related after about 6 generations xD
I'll post pics when I have something to show
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bekabyx
I'm going to be starting this challenge today, it sounds great. I remember when I did Perfect Genetics on TS3 and I ended up with the town pretty much all related after about 6 generations xD
I'll post pics when I have something to show

So glad your going to try it out. Have fun and I can't wait to see your pics-I will post some of mine also. I've been really busy so I am only on the third generation so far.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 5:11 PM
So I thinking this might work better with shorter life spawn going to try it that way and see what happens. If anybody out there is playing let me know what you think
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 10:08 PM
So this is Mckenzie Woodall. Shortly after moving in she met Gavin Richards of the Roomies Household. The had one date fell in love and got married at the park. So far I have managed to match up all the single people in the neighborhood. I will be post pics and stuff on my new bog at: https://simlingsbymamatex.wordpress.com if you want to follow my progress.
Screenshots
Scholar
#10 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mama_tex
I will be post pics and stuff on my new bog at: https://simlingsbymamatex.wordpress.com if you want to follow my progress.

Checked it out & loved it! Your descriptions of the Landgraab and Goth family members are very in-character and though Malcolm took a different path in life than EA set him up for, I can see it happening. Good job!

I´ll play this challenge soon, but have my hands full with the prison story, so it´ll be just a list of names and some headshots from me.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 4:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Enki
Checked it out & loved it! Your descriptions of the Landgraab and Goth family members are very in-character and though Malcolm took a different path in life than EA set him up for, I can see it happening. Good job!

I´ll play this challenge soon, but have my hands full with the prison story, so it´ll be just a list of names and some headshots from me.

Thank you! so glad you enjoyed it.I will be posting more this weekend. Next up is the Caliente family, should be loads of fun there.
Can't wait to see your headshots. and find out who your hooking up with who. For my play through, I'm just picking the first person they make friends with. easy peasy.
Scholar
#12 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 1:06 PM
and find out who your hooking up with who.

It would be so convenient to pair Alexander with the Spencer-Kim-Lewis girl, Cassandra with Malcolm and the single adults with whomever they live together. But perhaps they´ll develop their own, unexpected romances while I play the other households.
First up is Amber Stein who I chose as "my sim". I think she might like Johnny Zest :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 1:56 PM
It would be so convenient to pair Alexander with the Spencer-Kim-Lewis girl, Cassandra with Malcolm and the single adults with whomever they live together. But perhaps they´ll develop their own, unexpected romances while I play the other households.
First up is Amber Stein who I chose as "my sim". I think she might like Johnny Zest :lovestruc

Yeah Post pic of Amber when you get a chance so I can see how cute she is.
Scholar
#14 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 7:45 PM
I have an early Amber makeover here: http://enkisstories.tumblr.com/post...ill-traumatized
I think those pics show a very young Amber, perhaps from when she had just moved out from her parents.

Current version from the challenge with her newborn daugher Johanna:

And Johanna as she will look like when grown. Almost a female clone of her father, I´m afraid.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 2:36 AM
I have an early Amber makeover here: http://enkisstories.tumblr.com/post...ill-traumatized
I think those pics show a very young Amber, perhaps from when she had just moved out from her parents.

Nice! So she did marry Johnny. I think it's cool your playing amber from the trailer. I glad she has a home-if I get stuck for spouses as some point maybe I will add some of the trailer sims to my game.
Scholar
#16 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 9:12 PM
So my new plan is to put the Goths and the Spence-Kim-Lewis household at the end of the rotation. That gives Alexander and Olivia the opportunity to meet the second-generation children and choose from a larger pool than just each other.
The Landgraabs have to go right after Amber, so Malcolm becomes an adult and eligible hunting material for the first generation females quickly.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 9:35 PM
So my new plan is to put the Goths and the Spence-Kim-Lewis household at the end of the rotation. That gives Alexander and Olivia the opportunity to meet the second-generation children and choose from a larger pool than just each other.
The Landgraabs have to go right after Amber, so Malcolm becomes an adult and eligible hunting material for the first generation females quickly.

"Eligible Hunting MaterialI" love you it you and I think so much alike-I got all the 2nd gens. having babies-need to take a break and get my blog caught up.
Test Subject
#18 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 2:30 PM
Kewl. I started an hour ago and already did 2 households. Its quite easy but still challenging, which I REALLY like! Good Job! ^.^
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AyeeItzZoe
Kewl. I started an hour ago and already did 2 households. Its quite easy but still challenging, which I REALLY like! Good Job! ^.^

:-) If you can I'd love to see pics and know who your hooking up with who. It's fun to compare how others are doing it, since I'm still in the middle of playing myself.
Scholar
#20 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 9:00 PM Last edited by Enki : 23rd Jun 2015 at 7:39 PM. Reason: more pairs added
:-) If you can I'd love to see pics and know who your hooking up with who. It's fun to compare how others are doing it, since I'm still in the middle of playing myself.

I wanted to ask the same thing

So far I have in Gen. 1:
Johnny Schwarz (Zest) and Amber Stein = Johanna Schwarzstein
Malcolm Landgraab and Dina Caliente = (not pregnant yet)
Bob and Eliza Pancakes = Elias and Eleanore Pancakes
Jay Huntington and Nina Caliente (autonomous romance!!!) = Nighat Caliente
Zoe Patel and Don Lothario = Pedro Patel

In order not to destroy their friendship I didn´t make Travis decide between Summer and Liberty, but moved the girls into the Roomies household instead. He wasn´t in love with either woman anyway.
Mitchel Kalani and Summer Holiday = Mitch Summers
Gavin Richards and Liberty Lee = Lee Richards
And that leaves
Travis Scott and Cassandra Goth = (not pregnant yet)

Question: May we influence the baby gender with music and carrot/strawberries?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 1:38 PM
I wanted to ask the same thing

Question: May we influence the baby gender with music and carrot/strawberries?

Yes,if that works. it will help you balance your boy/girl ratio.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 3:04 PM
update: Dina Caliente and Don Lothario=Dawson Caliente. Their story is started on my blog now if anybody wants to read along.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 9:34 PM