Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 MorphMaker - updated to V4.5.2 on 4/19/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 4th Jun 2018 at 6:41 PM - Updated 19th Apr 2023 at 4:23 PM by CmarNYC : Update

643 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 574 Feedback Posts, 68 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 26
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 11:50 AM
Can this morph hair as well? I was thinking I could try creating people from Pokémon Gold/Silver, Ruby/Sapphire, Diamond/Pearl, Black/White and X/Y.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#52 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ballora
Can this morph hair as well? I was thinking I could try creating people from Pokémon Gold/Silver, Ruby/Sapphire, Diamond/Pearl, Black/White and X/Y.

That's an interesting question. Hair is affected by DMap morphs so it certainly could be done. However, in the uv_1 hair is mapped to the same area as the head (and the shoulders etc for long hair) so any hair morph would also affect the head and maybe upper body. And of course it would affect all hairs. It might be usable for characters that wear only one hair, though. I'm not sure why a morph would be better than just making the hair the way you want but I don't know exactly what you're trying to do.

If you want to try, I think you can just convert a hair mesh to OBJ, keep that as the base, make a morph mesh from it, and plug those into the MorphMaker DMap tab. If you're using Blender use the export settings: Write Normals, Include UVs, Keep Vertex Order.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#53 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 6:19 PM
Hi, It's me again with more questons!)
Default head, that we exporting has flat ears, big eyes and uses strange textures. And from previewer we can export only one preset at once. It can be handy if we can export all presets we preview as one "base head". Is it possible? Or can we change this base head we exporting for different one?
And can we export presets from previewer for custom slider (make "personal" slider for specific presets) not only for presets?
Also there were old slider mod, in which you can you console instead of active points, is it possible to do with morphmaker sliders?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#54 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 9:24 PM
Happy to answer the best I can.

The default head MM exports is the game head mesh. It looks a little different from what you see in CAS and the game because it has no morphs. I think the game uses some default morphs besides the sliders we use. If you mean the entire body mesh has strange textures, the texture mapping may look strange because that's the uv1, the second uv that's used to map the body to the DMaps. If you mean the head, I don't know what's strange about it.

I don't really understand what you're asking. The base heads are the base heads, if you use something else the morph won't look like what you expect. You can export a preset as a morph mesh that can be modified and used as a morph mesh. I don't know why you would want to export all the presets as one mesh. If you mean you want to export a whole preset as one mesh MM already does that.

Exporting a slider is kind of meaningless - you'd have to know how much of each morph is being used. If you want a particular combination of morphs, make a preset and add the modifiers you want with the values determining how much of them is used.

Yes, you can make a Sim Modifier that can be used in a script for console commands. MM won't make the script.

Hope that helps!

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#55 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 3:15 AM
Hello just a quick question? Do you think you'd update this for Pets? I apologize if this has already been answered!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#56 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 2:00 PM
I tried it and it's amazing. The tutorial is very easy to follow, THANK GOD it included blender Cmar, as always, this was incredibly well done. The baking process of the deformation map doesn't take that much in my case, so it was really easy to retry multiple times to get the perfect shape i wanted. Love the possibility to change the cursor style, that's very handy. Settings are pretty straightforward and self-explanatory, which is great for a tool of this caliber. So many possibilities including pre-set meshing. What else to say, very well done! Can't wait to come up with a slider i really want instead of doing yet another butt slider! What's up with that btw? So many butt sliders! XD
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#57 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 2:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by littledica
I tried it and it's amazing. The tutorial is very easy to follow, THANK GOD it included blender Cmar, as always, this was incredibly well done. The baking process of the deformation map doesn't take that much in my case, so it was really easy to retry multiple times to get the perfect shape i wanted. Love the possibility to change the cursor style, that's very handy. Settings are pretty straightforward and self-explanatory, which is great for a tool of this caliber. So many possibilities including pre-set meshing. What else to say, very well done! Can't wait to come up with a slider i really want instead of doing yet another butt slider! What's up with that btw? So many butt sliders! XD

I was worried that the rather complicated process of constructing sliders would be difficult for many people and tried hard to simplify and make it clear, so it means a lot that you and others have said it's easy. So thank you so much! Even though I'm currently working on another butt slider, lol!

Mad Poster
#58 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 5:46 PM
Does the Chance For Random have any effect on full body presets? When I was messing with Luumia's ear presets I gave them a percentage chance of 1 and the game will use them when I press the randomise button.
I've done the same with the medium-short height preset, again by Luumia, and set the percent to 100 and disabled it for all ages but Teens, yet the game will never choose it, ever, when randomising a Teen in CAS.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#59 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 6:33 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 15th Jul 2018 at 11:35 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Does the Chance For Random have any effect on full body presets? When I was messing with Luumia's ear presets I gave them a percentage chance of 1 and the game will use them when I press the randomise button.
I've done the same with the medium-short height preset, again by Luumia, and set the percent to 100 and disabled it for all ages but Teens, yet the game will never choose it, ever, when randomising a Teen in CAS.

At this point your guess is as good as mine. Could be worthwhile asking about on the EA forums.

Clever idea for shorter teens, btw!

Edit: After poking around I found that the Chance for Random doesn't seem to work the way you'd expect. (Surprise surprise!) There are game presets with values of 1 that don't get picked every time or even very often. So I tried higher numbers, which did have an effect. My guess is that the actual chance percentage is about 10 times the number you enter. I also found the game won't pick the same preset twice in a row. By setting two body presets with a chance of 10 I got it to alternate between them, and got only 1 other preset out of 20 or 30 clicks.

Edit2: Saw your post on EA forums. I was testing with clones of EA presets - if you got different results with Luumia's presets I wonder if they're being treated differently for some reason? Should be interesting to see what they say.

Mad Poster
#60 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 10:34 PM
After reading your edit here, after I had already posted on the forums, I went back to Luumia's file and made no alterations other than setting the random percent to 10 and the game is now actually picking them when I randomise a Sims' frame.
It seems I have to get things wrong and post about it before I can actually get anything working in my game.
Now I'm going to disable them for all ages except Teens and see if they still work. I think making alterations to the file in stages is probably best.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#61 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 12:27 AM
I have a habit of figuring out problems 10 minutes after posting to ask for help, so I know what you mean.

If you figure out what change was preventing them from randomizing, please let me know!

Mad Poster
#62 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 12:31 PM
It *appears* to be setting them for only Teens that is stopping the game from using them.
I set them to only YA and the game was still randomly picking them although it was still able to pick them for ANY age Teen and up even if the preset only showed up in the YA section of CAS and the change was applied to all ages once selected. So shrinking a YA and then switching to Elder meant the Elder was still short, for example.
It appears as though my plan for shorter Teens isn't going to work out using this method. Ah well.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 11:59 AM
Before I start extracting sims files again and dive into getting things set up. Would the tool be able to create morphs for the two empty slots on the kids body? Since they presumably don't have any scripts linked to them.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#64 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Thedarkgod
Before I start extracting sims files again and dive into getting things set up. Would the tool be able to create morphs for the two empty slots on the kids body? Since they presumably don't have any scripts linked to them.

According to EA there's only one empty slot, in micro mode. A lot of the toddler/child body regions don't have any morphs associated with them so you could clone those HotSpotControls and add morphs to them.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#65 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 4:01 PM
Hello as of the season's patch this mod is broken and none of the presets made with it are working thats where everyone is having issues the Luumina slides are broken as well
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#66 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yokozii
Hello as of the season's patch this mod is broken and none of the presets made with it are working thats where everyone is having issues the Luumina slides are broken as well

All presets and sliders are working correctly in my game and I haven't seen any other complaints, so you'll have to be more specific about what's going wrong and link me to where everyone is having issues. Did you re-enable mods and cc in your game after the patch?

Test Subject
#67 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
All presets and sliders are working correctly in my game and I haven't seen any other complaints, so you'll have to be more specific about what's going wrong and link me to where everyone is having issues. Did you re-enable mods and cc in your game after the patch?

I always play with cc so i know how enable mods scripts cc etc, and ive made a few of these sliders as well, but mine are currently not working in game.
I will check again for whatever reason it may be before i come back.

also, if you check the SimsVIP post of incompatible mods list after every major patch they have listed of mods that have been reported as broken and a few of the sliders (were) listed yesterday, here is the link:
https://simsvip.com/2018/06/19/brok...tch-seasons-ep/
I dont think many people who use the sliders, (mostly tumblr users) know where the actual resource is from far as the morpher program so they probably didnt know how they'd tell you besides the creators themselves but today it has been updated as working!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#68 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 11:31 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 26th Jun 2018 at 8:15 PM.
The sliders and presets on the list were reported as working when I checked this morning. Zerbu's presets were not made with MorphMaker. If you have an example of a slider/preset that's not working you can upload it so I can take a look.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 1:39 PM
Thank you a lot for your efford you put into this mod! I hope that there'll be sooner or later an update to create also sliders for pets.
Test Subject
#70 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 11:17 PM
Coming Home To You (Ft. Allie Crystal)
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I was worried that the rather complicated process of constructing sliders would be difficult for many people and tried hard to simplify and make it clear, so it means a lot that you and others have said it's easy. So thank you so much! Even though I'm currently working on another butt slider, lol!

Is this a butt slider?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#71 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bo Na Na

Is this a butt slider?

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=611940

Test Subject
#72 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 3:05 PM
Hey, is it possible to add dmaps of the pets?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#73 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by benighted
Hey, is it possible to add dmaps of the pets?

Yes, I just have to load up the meshes and figure out what the map dimensions are and what the new animal regions are. Probably next version.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 8:36 PM
I have never used a tool like this before. Is this something I can use to make teens finally shorter than adults?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#75 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by armymdic
I have never used a tool like this before. Is this something I can use to make teens finally shorter than adults?

There's already a few height sliders, and there's a shorter teens mod but I don't know if it still works.

https://luumiasims.com/post/1748676...r-plus-moremore
http://modthesims.info/d/559329

Page 3 of 26