Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Is Claeric
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 11:53 PM
Default Apparently TheSimsResource has figured out object creation.
http://thesimsresource.com/download...uff/id/1256190/

Granted, these objects look completely out of place and I'm not entirely convinced this isn't a Sims 3 screenshot with a Sims 4 scene shopped into the window, but they figured it out...
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 2:01 AM
I just downloaded them into my game and they are indeed new sims 4 objects..

You can't recolour them, and there isn't anyway to identify them as new items (I had to search) but they are there...
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#3 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 2:19 AM
That is great - good job TSR

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Scholar
#4 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 10:37 AM
maybe they update workshop soon?
Is Claeric
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ToRnado
maybe they update workshop soon?

it says they were "made with TSR Workshop", so probably.
Scholar
#6 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 4:20 PM
TSR Workshop is apparently in beta, and is being tested by some of their Artists before they release it to the public. Read this info here - https://www.facebook.com/TheSimsRes...elevant_count=1

...Titanium white...
Is Claeric
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 4:25 PM
The least they could do is share their data. TSR wants to monopolize the concept of content creation every time a new game comes out, it's dumb.
Test Subject
#8 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simify
The least they could do is share their data. TSR wants to monopolize the concept of content creation every time a new game comes out, it's dumb.

So what and who really cares? There are others who are willing to share their info and that's all that really matters.

"Past behavior is a predictor of current and future behavior."
~ Dr. Phil
Is Claeric
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MsTeaQueen
So what and who really cares? There are others who are willing to share their info and that's all that really matters.

"Past behavior is a predictor of current and future behavior."
~ Dr. Phil

I care. I think everyone who wants to make or use custom objects cares. The more time TSR spends keeping things secret, the longer everyone has to wait to start figuring this stuff out. They figure it out and then they sit there keeping it to themselves just so they can get objects out first. And to be frank, their objects are not going to be very good, and i'd rather EVERYONE have access to this info than people who are gonna make ugly, out of place junk like in the OP.
dodgy builder
#10 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 12:08 PM
Most creators needs a tool to make these things anyways, it's the same things creators do here on mts, they just have a lot of featured creators to use as testers.
Is Claeric
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 6:12 PM
On MTS the tools are openly available the second someone wants to start testing them.

On TSR, they've given to a select few people with no rhyme or reason, kept hidden for two months, and then released later. There's a big difference.
Test Subject
#12 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 8:01 AM
People who been into sims sense the beginning, know what TSR is all about.-Don´t bother about them they are not worth the energy. And also if you cant recolor their new items it is just half way there. At this point I think more people want to be able to have something like "color magic" that works for objects and don´t crash. I feel as you can do a hell of a lot by just changing texture on a mesh, and people would be pleased with that meshes comes seconds. Just an opinion of mine!
dodgy builder
#13 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 3:40 PM
It's being seen as a race and everyone wants to win. This time TSR won. The freelance modders will come up with a tool later on, they just have a lot to do at the moment.
Scholar
#14 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 5:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
TSR Workshop is apparently in beta, and is being tested by some of their Artists before they release it to the public. Read this info here - https://www.facebook.com/TheSimsRes...elevant_count=1

i figure that what was so i right
Test Subject
#15 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 11:17 AM
Is it not possible to download the objects published by TSR to discover how they did it and then edit it from there? SURELY if they have found a way to make custom objects, the information you need to do the same is located within their files.
Scholar
#16 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 1:31 PM
wish was that easy but lot more complicate
Instructor
#17 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 10:33 AM
As much as I dislike TSR..if it was reversed, would one of us go over to TSR and say "we've figured out object creation, here is how to do it..."

No. We would freely post the information here of course, but we wouldn't go out of our way to inform them personally, why should we expect them to do the same?

Of course, keeping the information under their hats, even from their own members is...counter productive IMO...but well, it's their perogative.

We'll catch up, and we'll do better, as always, and the plus side is everything uploaded here will have been done properly and proven to work. I wasted three days trying to fix what I thought was a normals issue on a clothing item I made for the Sims 3, only to work out it was a pair of badly made shoes from TSR that was causing the problem...that's just one example of why we will always do better, and the best things come to those who wait.

FifthAce2007

My Sims 2 creations are no longer supported. Regardless of what the individual post says, feel free to clone, recolour, chuck on a bonfire or mix in a blender! Just credit me/this site with the upload, and upload here only, thanks
Scholar
#18 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 12:27 PM
they release sims 4 workshop when out of beta
Eminence Grise
#19 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 6:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FifthAce2007
As much as I dislike TSR..if it was reversed, would one of us go over to TSR and say "we've figured out object creation, here is how to do it..."

No. We would freely post the information here of course, but we wouldn't go out of our way to inform them personally, why should we expect them to do the same?

Of course, keeping the information under their hats, even from their own members is...counter productive IMO...but well, it's their perogative.

We'll catch up, and we'll do better, as always, and the plus side is everything uploaded here will have been done properly and proven to work. I wasted three days trying to fix what I thought was a normals issue on a clothing item I made for the Sims 3, only to work out it was a pair of badly made shoes from TSR that was causing the problem...that's just one example of why we will always do better, and the best things come to those who wait.

The free community posts its technical findings openly, mostly here on the MTS wiki.

TSR, in the past, has felt free to make use of those findings to develop their proprietary software, without sharing any of THEIR findings publicly.

There was something of a row over this early in the tools development phase of TS3. Eventually Thomas et al were persuaded to do some Wiki updates with information they uncovered while developing TSRW, after a series of sometimes acrimonious exchanges.

Kinda looks like history repeating itself, which would be why some people are annoyed, but yeah... in the end we'll all have the tech, and probably sooner rather than later since EA is sharing info directly too now.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 7:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
The free community posts its technical findings openly, mostly here on the MTS wiki.

TSR, in the past, has felt free to make use of those findings to develop their proprietary software, without sharing any of THEIR findings publicly.

There was something of a row over this early in the tools development phase of TS3. Eventually Thomas et al were persuaded to do some Wiki updates with information they uncovered while developing TSRW, after a series of sometimes acrimonious exchanges.

Kinda looks like history repeating itself, which would be why some people are annoyed, but yeah... in the end we'll all have the tech, and probably sooner rather than later since EA is sharing info directly too now.

Thomas approached me about adding my Build/Buy Unlock mod to his site roughly a week ago. It was one of the most painful experiences I've ever had, their upload tool has some serious issues and the site had dead links all over the place. That alone put me off from uploading further content there, but reading this, it seals it...
Instructor
#21 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TwistedMexi
Thomas approached me about adding my Build/Buy Unlock mod to his site roughly a week ago. It was one of the most painful experiences I've ever had, their upload tool has some serious issues and the site had dead links all over the place. That alone put me off from uploading further content there, but reading this, it seals it...

I'm curious as to why they're pushing mods now. They've only had mods for TS2 before now.

And why do they have shirts and tattoos in mods?
Test Subject
#22 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 8:14 AM
I have not a major problems with the creators over at TSR, but the owner. That is a big difference!

-I think if you are a creator of stuff for the sims, 99% don´t do it for a chance to make a buck! But they love the sims and the challenge.
-But someone like Thomas he is purely a business man! He wants to keep it to him self for as long as possible, cause then he get more people registered and all those ads being flashed in your face, and making some cash! And if you pay 3,50 (to avoid that) He STILL gets his money!

Therefore I Love sites like, Mod the sims, BPS, Livingsimsforum, Genuine people, and every now and then donations-drives, and then you donate! Cause they do a amazing work!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 11:23 AM
I think they're slightly exaggerating.
I can understand a test for some time, but damn! They could put into download the program in beta testing.
So, my thoughts (and I'm sorry to say), is that they're taking it to the situation. We continue to see new mesh and it seems to work well.

I'm really sorry for that.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 3:19 PM
Regardless of what side someone chooses, I for one am super excited for the creators to get their hands on the info to make things. (Although I'm totally biased towards our wonderful MTS artists :3) I'm in DESPERATE need for new *matching* furniture, and of course tooonnnnsss of clutter.<3
Test Subject
#25 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 9:43 PM
Amazing....
Locked thread
Page 1 of 2