Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12801 Old 6th Apr 2024 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Wonder if anyone has ever attempted having a family that ages in real time. If so, wonder how long they went before getting bored. I mean, would be epic but after a few weeks they'd all have maxed out everything there is to max so what'd you do with them at that point?
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I think some of @ AndrewGloria's sims age slower than real-time. Andrew has always been a teen I think!
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Yeah, I feel a bit sorry for him. I don't think that he'll ever get to grow up.

Yes I've been playing Andrew as a teen ever since I made him and his mum Gloria on 30th November 2012. I've never been bored with either of them. Andrew has still only maximised one skill - Logic, and he maximised that as long ago as 11th May 2013! I know because I took several photos of the party he threw to celebrate. Andrew is trying to maximise his cooking skill, but, after eleven real years and four months, he's still only at level 8! (8.63 to be precise -- I've just checked in SimPE.) either Andrew nor I can really understand how some players can get their Sims to maximise all skills while they're still teens. I suppose they must do it by staying in every night studying recipes. Andrew says in disbelief, "And not go out?..." I know what Andrew would say to me if I suggested he stay in studying cookery books every night. He'd tell me in no uncertain terms to "Get a life!!!" To try to maximise his culinary skill, Andrew cooks most of the meals at home, and he often takes over the cooking when visiting friends, but, like most of my Sims, he likes and expects his social life. He likes to go out and celebrate with his numerous friends; he likes to talk about life and its meaning to anyone who'll listen; he likes to go shopping and dine out; he likes to go on dates with Julian; and since they opened up their marriage to include Jack and Ravi in a foursome, he likes to spend romantic time with them too; he likes to go dancing at gay nightclubs, especially PaintBoyz. And of course he likes to spend quality time with his mum! Get bored?? There isn't time to get bored!

Andrew's not my only eternal teen. I made his long term boyfriend Julian just three weeks after Andrew. I have a picture of the two of them on their first outing together in the kitchen at the Swim Centre on Boxing Day (26th December) 2012.) I made a few more teens, mostly boys, in the spring of 2013. All of them are still teens today, and I like them all. The only teen in Veronaville who has actually grown up is Tybalt Capp, but I immediately aged him down to an Independent Teen, which means he acts like an adult, but still looks like a teen -- and wears his teenage clothes. Actually, ever since his birthday (which was before I got University) he has regularly worn a pair of pink shorts -- a birthday present from gay teen Jack Gill. (Tybalt grew into them when I aged him back to an Independent Teen, and his gay friend Jack was a guest at the party, so I reckon Jack, who has that sort of sense of humour, must have given them to him. I reckon all the odd clothes Sims grow into on their birthdays must be presents from family and friends!) I do intend to attach a university to Veronaville some time, and then, maybe a little reluctantly, I'll let Andrew and many of his friends go to it. But one or two teens I can't imagine ever going to uni. Jack Gill says that he and Ravi are "students at the University of Life". By which he means that instead of going to school, they go to all-day nightclubs. I suppose I just like playing teens. With fewer responsibilities I think they can have more fun than adults.

Sorry for not replying yesterday. I was so tired yesterday that I don't think I ever fully woke up. I did open up Veronaville and went to visit Andrew. It was about 6 a.m. and he was in bed and asleep, and looked so contented that I didn't like to wake him.

Maybe I envy him just a little being able to snuggle up in bed with someone he loves, and who loves him. @Charity I really don't think you need to feel all that sorry for him. I think he's really enjoying his life -- he has at least some of the advantages of adulthood without having to be a wage-slave. He's married after all! And married to Julian at that, arguably the most beautiful boy in the neighbourhood. Andrew is popular and respected -- especially in the gay community. Things have got even better since he and Julian simultaneously fell in love with Jack Gill. Andrew and Julian told me (through their wants and fears) that they both wanted a romantic relationship with Jack (who is highly promiscuous) but they didn't want to split up with each other. Now I feel very close to Andrew, and almost as close to Julian, so, to give them what they wanted, I took out Pescado's Romance Mod, and put in LizzLove's "No Jealousy at All" mod, which of course changes the game for all my Sims, but Andrew and Julian are very dear to me, and it was worth doing to keep them happy. My game always had more than a hint of utopia about it, and get getting rid of jealousy makes it more utopian than ever. At this point I encouraged them to include Jack's live-in boyfriend Ravi Bertino in their relationship, as I didn't want Ravi to feel left out. So now Andrew loves, and is loved by, Julian, Jack, Ravi and of course his mum, Gloria. And of course I should add that I love him too.

As my original Sim, Andrew has become more than a Sim to me. Even outside the game, he's become a sort of imaginary friend to me. I often imagine him beside me, and we talk over things together. (Don't say that I can't have an imaginary friend just because I'm 72!) He's an intelligent, opinionated, and interesting young man, and I never find him boring. Maybe he helps to keep me feeling younger too.
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#12802 Old 6th Apr 2024 at 10:47 PM
Okay, I think I really need to check if my risky woohoo mod has any BCONs for modification. It gives me more pregnant Sims than actually trying for baby.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#12803 Old 6th Apr 2024 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Oh no! Sending hugs and grilled cheese and cake.

Huggles are the BEST! Pie almost as good...

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
#12804 Old 7th Apr 2024 at 12:59 AM
@AndrewGloria I suppose my playstyle is vastly different to yours and that's why I could never do the aging in real time thing. I make generations, preferably as quickly as possible. Most of my sims are like worker bees, constantly working on their skills and badges. With a dose of supernatural and economy rules to keep it interesting. Occasionally I do stuff outside of those things ofc just for fun, but more often than not the more "random" activities relate to my supernatural rules.
Scholar
#12805 Old 7th Apr 2024 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrChillgood
Speaking of alternative downtowns, I'm thinking of using the Magic Town recreation as the downtown for my Belladonna Cove run.

Darn, it’s a shopping district. Oh well, I’m using an empty Emerald Heights as the downtown now.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Mad Poster
#12806 Old 8th Apr 2024 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Yes I've been playing Andrew as a teen ever since I made him and his mum Gloria on 30th November 2012. I've never been bored with either of them. Andrew has still only maximised one skill - Logic, and he maximised that as long ago as 11th May 2013! I know because I took several photos of the party he threw to celebrate. Andrew is trying to maximise his cooking skill, but, after eleven real years and four months, he's still only at level 8! (8.63 to be precise -- I've just checked in SimPE.) either Andrew nor I can really understand how some players can get their Sims to maximise all skills while they're still teens. I suppose they must do it by staying in every night studying recipes. Andrew says in disbelief, "And not go out?..." I know what Andrew would say to me if I suggested he stay in studying cookery books every night. He'd tell me in no uncertain terms to "Get a life!!!" To try to maximise his culinary skill, Andrew cooks most of the meals at home, and he often takes over the cooking when visiting friends, but, like most of my Sims, he likes and expects his social life. He likes to go out and celebrate with his numerous friends; he likes to talk about life and its meaning to anyone who'll listen; he likes to go shopping and dine out; he likes to go on dates with Julian; and since they opened up their marriage to include Jack and Ravi in a foursome, he likes to spend romantic time with them too; he likes to go dancing at gay nightclubs, especially PaintBoyz. And of course he likes to spend quality time with his mum! Get bored?? There isn't time to get bored!

Andrew's not my only eternal teen. I made his long term boyfriend Julian just three weeks after Andrew. I have a picture of the two of them on their first outing together in the kitchen at the Swim Centre on Boxing Day (26th December) 2012.) I made a few more teens, mostly boys, in the spring of 2013. All of them are still teens today, and I like them all. The only teen in Veronaville who has actually grown up is Tybalt Capp, but I immediately aged him down to an Independent Teen, which means he acts like an adult, but still looks like a teen -- and wears his teenage clothes. Actually, ever since his birthday (which was before I got University) he has regularly worn a pair of pink shorts -- a birthday present from gay teen Jack Gill. (Tybalt grew into them when I aged him back to an Independent Teen, and his gay friend Jack was a guest at the party, so I reckon Jack, who has that sort of sense of humour, must have given them to him. I reckon all the odd clothes Sims grow into on their birthdays must be presents from family and friends!) I do intend to attach a university to Veronaville some time, and then, maybe a little reluctantly, I'll let Andrew and many of his friends go to it. But one or two teens I can't imagine ever going to uni. Jack Gill says that he and Ravi are "students at the University of Life". By which he means that instead of going to school, they go to all-day nightclubs. I suppose I just like playing teens. With fewer responsibilities I think they can have more fun than adults.

Maybe I envy him just a little being able to snuggle up in bed with someone he loves, and who loves him. I really don't think you need to feel all that sorry for him. I think he's really enjoying his life -- he has at least some of the advantages of adulthood without having to be a wage-slave. He's married after all! And married to Julian at that, arguably the most beautiful boy in the neighbourhood. Andrew is popular and respected -- especially in the gay community. Things have got even better since he and Julian simultaneously fell in love with Jack Gill. Andrew and Julian told me (through their wants and fears) that they both wanted a romantic relationship with Jack (who is highly promiscuous) but they didn't want to split up with each other. Now I feel very close to Andrew, and almost as close to Julian, so, to give them what they wanted, I took out Pescado's Romance Mod, and put in LizzLove's "No Jealousy at All" mod, which of course changes the game for all my Sims, but Andrew and Julian are very dear to me, and it was worth doing to keep them happy. My game always had more than a hint of utopia about it, and get getting rid of jealousy makes it more utopian than ever. At this point I encouraged them to include Jack's live-in boyfriend Ravi Bertino in their relationship, as I didn't want Ravi to feel left out. So now Andrew loves, and is loved by, Julian, Jack, Ravi and of course his mum, Gloria. And of course I should add that I love him too.

You definitely do more of an 'utopia' than me. XD

I would point out to Andrew that at his current cooking skill it would only take a few hours studying to max it. I wouldn't let my teens skip school to go to nightclubs either. Most irresponsible. XD Nor would I ever get rid of jealousy totally. I like committed relationships. I was kinda sad when Andrew and Julian ditched theirs. They were totally relationship goals before.

None of my teens would be able to afford to live alone with no job or school, either.

I seem like a harsh mistress now lol. I'll start walking around like Mrs Crumplebottom telling my sims that there's no way they're wearing shorts with their asses hanging out and god damn it, put on a shirt!
Scholar
#12807 Old 9th Apr 2024 at 12:01 AM
A FB link to tiny house ideas.

I've downloaded quite a few from here at MTS as well.

I also get inspired by places we pass while we're out driving somewhere.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090138858676

" Inama Nushif "
Forum Resident
#12808 Old 9th Apr 2024 at 1:51 AM
I bulldozed most of the Bluewater shops ages ago and now I'm finding an occasion where I want to use some again and I'm wondering if it's worth the annoyance of adding BV to my test hood just so I can bin them or just trying to recreate them from screenshots
Test Subject
#12809 Old 9th Apr 2024 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
I didn't really get that far...the mob family was largely what I imagined as a backstory when other sims visited the lot. Presumably they would have a criminal career!

I agree they would have a criminal career. If anyone has any ideas about how they would play a mob family in a hood, im all ears
Forum Resident
#12810 Old 9th Apr 2024 at 8:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
I bulldozed most of the Bluewater shops ages ago and now I'm finding an occasion where I want to use some again and I'm wondering if it's worth the annoyance of adding BV to my test hood just so I can bin them or just trying to recreate them from screenshots

I would be too lazy to recreate them, I vote for extracting them
Inventor
#12811 Old 9th Apr 2024 at 8:20 AM
You can copy the lot file to the LotCatalog directory thus binning it without adding an entire neighborhood. At least if the lot is not currently owned. Works well even if there is a family on the lot. But maybe not if it has business data stuff.
Mad Poster
#12812 Old 9th Apr 2024 at 2:13 PM

It's way easier to just add a shopping district than it is to recreate everything!

Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
You can copy the lot file to the LotCatalog directory thus binning it without adding an entire neighborhood. At least if the lot is not currently owned. Works well even if there is a family on the lot. But maybe not if it has business data stuff.

Does that result in a clean lot with no sim references?

But don't think it would work in this case anyway as they said that they bulldozed the houses.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12813 Old 9th Apr 2024 at 3:24 PM
Jawusa included Bluewater in her Clean And Empty Neighborhood Templates. The actual Download for Bluewater is in post #5 in the Comments section. I suggest you want the non-default version (BE01). This will give you clean copies of all the Bluewater lots without the Sims. Or better still Main Hood version (NBE1). This will make it easy to copy the lots you want to the Lot Bin, and then to the neighbourhood you're playing. You can do it all in-game.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#12814 Old 9th Apr 2024 at 6:48 PM
Bigfoot just showed up at one of the nightclubs in Downtown and taught half a dozen townies to slap-dance.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#12815 Old 10th Apr 2024 at 5:04 AM
Why do some sims 4 creators tag their custom content as sims 2?
Top Secret Researcher
#12816 Old 10th Apr 2024 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LauraPamplonaS
Why do some sims 4 creators tag their custom content as sims 2?

The same reason certain people on social media will spam-tag their selfies with a bunch of random tags and fandoms: to get more clicks.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#12817 Old 10th Apr 2024 at 1:34 PM

You could add it to a custom hood and then put those lots in the bin.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#12818 Old 10th Apr 2024 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
The same reason certain people on social media will spam-tag their selfies with a bunch of random tags and fandoms: to get more clicks.

I wouldn't click 'like' on someone who did that.
Mad Poster
#12819 Old 10th Apr 2024 at 6:18 PM
Yeah, on tumblr, you see someone doing that and you report them as "spam or bot," which also blocks them!

S4 creators tagging their stuff as S2, though, are paying the fandom a compliment, in that we are a large and dedicated graphic they want to see them. It's not in their own best interest but they apparently will need to learn this the hard way.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#12820 Old 10th Apr 2024 at 9:07 PM
Since not everyone looks at the creator forum I thought I would post a link here for anyone who is interested. I went through every career outfit in the game and got Sanjay and Priya Ramaswami to model them all for me, and took screenshots. So if you ever wondered what career outfits exist, or ever wanted to make your own careers, have a look!

https://modthesims.info/t/293495

BTW, Priya was very happy to see Sanjay in a lot of these outfits. Any time he changed into any kind of swimwear or formalwear she would heartfart at him XD

Mad Poster
#12821 Old 10th Apr 2024 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Since not everyone looks at the creator forum I thought I would post a link here for anyone who is interested. I went through every career outfit in the game and got Sanjay and Priya Ramaswami to model them all for me, and took screenshots. So if you ever wondered what career outfits exist, or ever wanted to make your own careers, have a look!

BTW, Priya was very happy to see Sanjay in a lot of these outfits. Any time he changed into any kind of swimwear or formalwear she would heartfart at him XD

I love the wolf randomly wandering into one of the pictures.

Mad Poster
#12822 Old 10th Apr 2024 at 10:14 PM
He is in a couple of them. There is also a townie stretching and the welcome wagon turned up while I was doing it too so the Smiths are around in a few of them.

Forum Resident
#12823 Old 11th Apr 2024 at 4:41 PM
Ugh this reminds me that I never finished my project of updating career clothes. I did music and medicine, which were the most egregious IMO, but education needs some updates and I really don't like the dark blue power suit being used as often as it is, especially for CEO. Also too many careers default to elders wearing their own clothes when there are similar options in the elder catalog.
Mad Poster
#12824 Old 11th Apr 2024 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq

Are the teen and elder job outfits the same?
Mad Poster
#12825 Old 11th Apr 2024 at 7:35 PM
No, because teens and elders don't have the same body shape so they can't wear the exact same outfits. Honestly I didn't check them. But elders are more likely to have career outfits, because they can work in the ordinary adult jobs (if they still have the job when they age up, for example) and not just the part-time jobs. From memory, the base game jobs and earlier EPs have elder body-shape outfits for elders, whereas at least the Freetime jobs (not sure about the Seasons ones) either just use the adult version for elders, or let elders come in their own clothes.

Page 513 of 520