Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mercy Hospital

by sunni9676 Posted 13th Apr 2009 at 10:18 PM - Updated 17th Nov 2009 at 8:51 AM by sunni9676

179 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 125 Feedback Posts, 53 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 8
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#101 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 10:36 PM
Thanks! I might try the thing that the other user did (wait, what's his/her name again?) and hire some nurses. But, how do I make this a residential lot and making it work like a real hospital?
Test Subject
#102 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 2:48 AM Last edited by hgcardfan : 10th Nov 2010 at 2:51 AM. Reason: Needed to add some more things.
How do you move your people in to a hospital? The changelotzoning resedintal doesn't work...yes i spelt it right in the game just not on here. I heard something about a buyable trashcan but idk. Just get back to me ASAP!!!!! Also, the person before me asked if you could use this as a hospital. How do you get doctors in here? :D

HGCARDFAN
#1 Simmer
Test Subject
#103 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 3:53 AM
is there any way sims can give birth here?
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 18th Dec 2010 at 12:47 PM
A.w.e.s.o.m.e !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#105 Old 22nd Dec 2010 at 2:38 AM
Wonderful job!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#106 Old 22nd Dec 2010 at 2:44 AM
Wonderful job!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#107 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 11:28 PM
If you get hurt are you able to call the ambulance to go?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#108 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 4:04 PM
wow coolt!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#109 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 4:05 PM
What a super great job you have done
Scholar
THANKS POST
#110 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 8:21 PM
Wow, this looks amazing! I was going to make a hospital myself but I gave up when I saw this! Great job!
Test Subject
#111 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 10:22 PM
I am so confused, I can't get it to show up in my game what am I supposed to do to make it work. I have all of the expansion packs listed and i have double checked everything. What do I do?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#112 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 11:21 PM
KissandTell - does any of the custom content show up in your downloads folder? Are you using Clean Installer to install?

There is an issue with CI where it sometimes installs the cc but the lot doesn't show up in the catalog. The only way I know to correct this issue is to uninstall CI and let the games native installer do its thing. Then you can reinstall CI afterwards.

Visit these sites for more Medieval downloads: Sunni Designs, Plumb Bob Keep, and The Medieval Smithy.
Test Subject
#113 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 7:43 PM
Haha, nice. Left 4 Dead reference?
Test Subject
#114 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 8:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by megan-la
is there any way sims can give birth here?

For those that are interested...
Chris Hatch at BackAlleySims.com has a mod allowing pregnant woman to call and use a hospital to give birth.

A brief description...
"From the beginning Maxis had included a medical emergency call with the emergency phone calls but had kept it disabled and never made use of it. Even when they rewrote the phone calls for Pets EP they rewrote the medical emergency call without enabling it. This enables the call, first for pregnant sims that are in the last trimester, which is the Maxis default, second for sims with a potentially lethal disease.

The hospital.
You first build your hospital as a community lot, when you place an ambulance it will re-zone the lot to a hospital. You'll get a popup the first time you try to place an ambulance asking if you want a mail box (letter box for UK English), the popup lets you know the lot is going to be re-zoned. The popup includes a cancel option which cancels the re-zoning just in case you selected an ambulance by mistake and weren't trying to make a hospital.

If Nightlife or Open For Business is your highset EP then the lot will not be re-zoned in downtowns or shopping districts because the phone call can't use it outside the main Neighbourhood for those EPs.

Hospital lots are neither residential or community lots and have many traits from both, from neighbourhood view they appear residential and will let you move a family in. Do Not move a family in, sims can't live in a hospital and the hospital will then not allow sims to visit, it will be broken.
Your sims can't drive themselves to hospital or walk there, the only way to get there is by the emergency call."

Here is the link to the needed files. You will need to create a FREE user account to download:
http://www.backalleysims.com/adult_...read.php?t=5064

I hope this helps other people, as I am going to use this hospital with Chris' mod myself.

--
SIMper Fi
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#115 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 1:02 AM
OMG!!!! This is so cool!!! I have been looking for a good hospital FOREVER and this is the best one I will probably ever find in my life. It must have taken you forever, of course I am the person that wants to just get things done and over with... anyway great job on this I LOVE it!!! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#116 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 3:43 PM
HELP! i downloaded it and put it into the download file correctly and i still cant find it on my game i really need help!
Test Subject
#117 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 9:32 PM
Eek! I tried downloading it (through my documents/EA games/downloads/(file) and it did not work! i tried to over write it a few times. some times the lots don't download. i have a new computer (HP) and i don't know why it doesn't work!! after that i use sims 2 pack clean installer, then i highlight them and press ok. it really bothers me because the majority of simmers who have downloaded this have had sucess. im really stupid at download and could you help me? please
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#118 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 11:01 AM
Thank you.;D But why it's not working?
Test Subject
#119 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sunni9676
This is not an expansion pack, it is just a community lot. It is primarily for storytelling, videos and old-fashioned pretending. If you would like Drs/Nurses, create a 'family' of them and have them purchase the lot as a business and hire employees to work in it for the cafeteria and pharmacy, etc.

If you would like your pregnant sim to give birth at the hospital please read my note on the 'overview'.

How do you change the lot from a community lot to a residential lot?
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 7th May 2011 at 11:38 AM
thanks! this is nice! ive always wanted a hospital!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#121 Old 15th May 2011 at 7:51 AM
thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#122 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 2:29 AM
nice, but where are the stairs, or am i blind, lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#123 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 2:32 AM
thank you so much me and my best friend love it!its amazing!!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#124 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 3:25 PM
This really adds to the feel of the neighborhoods. Awesome job and thanks for sharing with us
Test Subject
#125 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 9:39 PM
Help !!!!!!
do you have to have the parking lot file in only for it to work because i installed in using sims 2 pack Clean Installer and nothing including the custom content will show up. Any tips ? plus i really like it.
Page 5 of 8