Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

DIY Curtains, Blinds, & Shutters

by chasmchronicle Posted 14th Jul 2012 at 3:19 PM - Updated 25th Aug 2012 at 6:20 PM by SeeMyu

68 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 55 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 3
Captain Louie
retired moderator THANKS POST
#26 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 1:02 AM
What is this feeling!? Why am I so happy? Why do I have the compulsion to put shutters on every window!? Oh...oh god!

(Also in agreement about vertical shifting. If you could do that...*chills*)
Sockpuppet
THANKS POST
#27 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 3:45 AM
Thank you very much !

I never thought about using OMSP for shift the curtains !
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#28 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 8:02 AM
I see happy windows everywhere!
This is a wonderful & truly useful set.
Thank you!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#29 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 12:20 PM
Fantastic set !!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 10:17 PM
OMG!!! This is soooooo much better!!!! Thank you! You are a God send!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 2:20 AM
You are absolutely amazing! I love your genius mind, then I wonder why this escaped EA's Programmers/Devs' notice about the curtains not adjusting like everything else in the game... Glad we have people like you around.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 3:27 PM
THANK you!!!! :D
Theorist
THANKS POST
#33 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 4:49 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! This is brilliant. Now I won't be thoroughly frustrated when decorating my sims homes... just a wee bit... and only until you figure out the shiftable ones which I will promptly snag and grab once you release them. You're brilliant!! Thank you from my simmies
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#34 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 9:16 AM Last edited by kithri : 18th Jul 2012 at 9:17 AM. Reason: Oh, just can't stand spelling things wrong, lol.
Oh, my, I so tried to be strong and not download a 27 piece set...but I couldn't stop myself, hahaha! I get so annoyed sometimes with all the cool windows that don't have any curtains. But, no more!

Thanks, these are great.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 6:01 AM
This is an awesomely super idea! Thank you so so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 11:49 AM Last edited by Kokkolainen : 20th Jul 2012 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Typo
I like them
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#37 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 11:56 PM
Last Update on Vertical Shifting

I have decided that creating an entire new version of this set for vertical shifting is not necessary because 1) It'll be a 47 or more object set and 2) there is no "DIY" about it without Off-Grid. It's not a simple feature that can be turned off and on..lol. Like I've said before, you wont need it on most windows and such, but if you do.. just use the OMSP. It's very simple and allows the Off Grid feature to still be there. And plus, the OMSP doesn't have a limit to where you can raise it..

I hope you enjoy this set! I'm currently working on a Part 2 version as well!
-SeeMyu

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 6:22 PM
You're a godsend. This is brilliant. Thank you.
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#39 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 4:38 AM
Also, if you were experiencing some issues with the regular, circular rings to where they were not big enough to loop around the rod.. They've already been updated and now fully loop around the rod.

Scholar
THANKS POST
#40 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 8:24 AM
Whoa! Simply amazing, thank you!
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#41 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 1:47 AM Last edited by SeeMyu : 15th Aug 2012 at 8:41 PM.
@Purplepaws Thank you so much

Update 8/7/12: Okay. I noticed that the 2x1 shutter has this really annoying hook on it.. and didn't really work when you make a shutter with it because the hook was on the same side and couldn't be switched. So, therefore, I removed the hook and now the 2x1 shutter looks perfectly normal and should look good next to windows now!

The poly count has been updated for that mesh as well

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 29th Aug 2012 at 5:20 AM
Amazing work! Absolutely love you for this :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#43 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 6:07 PM
Can you update this mod to be compatible with patch 1.38 (it cames out today)? Thanks so much!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#44 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 6:07 PM
Can you update this to be compatible with patch 1.38 (it cames out today)? Thanks so much!
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#45 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tiny0190
Can you update this mod to be compatible with patch 1.38 (it cames out today)? Thanks so much!

There's no need to double post. I don't ignore comments, so one post is enough.

Also, these are objects.. not a mod. They work with the latest patch and do not need to be updated.

dodgy builder
#46 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 9:27 AM
As far as I can see this does not include a simple modern curtain for high windows? A thin transparent and the simple long one you have for a high window? That would be great if you can fix one of those
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#47 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 12:25 AM
Great set!
the best curtains set ever!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 8:27 AM
.. the only thing I can think to say here is a quote from Looking For Group, altered to fit. "I'm sorry, but your position as my closest and dearest companion has just been replaced by the guy who just fixed all EA's curtain problems."
Scholar
THANKS POST
#49 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 11:18 PM
I have been caught for using FA contents for the blinds and I dislike so much with Feature Artists on The Sims Resource. But you thank you so much for making them. You saved my community lot!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 12:40 AM
Thank you. Three times.
Page 2 of 3