Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Aug 2021 at 11:57 PM Last edited by melodycc_2004 : 13th Aug 2021 at 2:35 AM.
Default Sim Valley hood From Sims. 1- 3 versions (would like feedback)
My first version does have lots on it currently (unoccupied) I made it eons ago and threw it away (figuratively) because I had forgotten that SimCity 4 flips terrains in Sims 2 so it is backwards. It's still got potential though and I made 2 types for it (ones with more roads) ad the first one had a huge swathe (swath?) a huge void of empty space. See pics! The 2nd Version I built recently and is much more geographically correct to the og hood. I noticed that the Sims 1 Neighborhood was not just a flat terrain and that there were small hills and a cliff. So I did my best to achieve that. In the pics I used Criquettes Railway Tunnel so I could replicate the car tunnel from the game. I may replace it with msBarrows tunnel if I ever figure out how to hoodify it. I am also considering making a road come out of the tunnel instead of a railway. I love to hear feedback on that idea as well. Mostly which on the 3 would you most likely like and if you like more than 1 that's cool too. On the newer version I DID add a few more roadways to make it seem more realistic? Full? Not really sure. Probably just got carried away. In the pics I do have a horizon and skyline for those hoods as I think it helps the aesthetic. Any feedback or changes you'd recommend would be super! Do you like the railway or should I put in a road instead? There also ARE trees from SC4 but I can easily remove them for those who like to add their own. Also Also before I forget because I will. The 2nd type of the 1st hood and a Version of the 2nd Created SimValley (I'll Number the pics) use Sunrader Pleasanter Bridge so I have versions with maxis bridges and versions without bridges for those who add their own. I also created Magic Town and Downtown, but I wanted a separate thread for them.
Screenshots
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 1:27 AM
Wow, I like the look of these! I like the railway too.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Wow, I like the look of these! I like the railway too.

Thank you so much! I really wanted them to be as close to the original as possible w/ some extras considering the space I had to work with is much more than the original game.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 11:08 AM
Looking great, I like the railway too, but all the versions seem very nice.
Theorist
#5 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 6:41 PM
I like 2nd version because 1st seems to be a bit wrong no, absolutely wrong and awful because it has no ground relief, river bend has different placement and it has lil island. Railway is interesting touch. Tunnel for road would also fit if you decide to place it, since you already use the tunnel piece as neighborhood decoration. Go ahead. Thank you.
Regards Vic ^_^

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.