Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 11:07 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Is there a way to sort out conflicting mods and see what each file does?
I've been playing and modding TS2 since the mid 2000s. I only got to stop playing the game around 2016 and have been feeling that itch in getting back to it. Unfortunately, I have thousands of mods that have been installed over the years. The vast majority of them come from websites that no longer exist or were attached to dead URL download links. It's a treasure trove of content that is no longer accessible; but they do create a lot of conflicts and many could be even considered as bloating for the game.

So I guess my question is... can I do anything about this? Can I somehow see which mods are causing conflict and what they are supposed to do? I'm in a rather rough spot right now because of this.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 7:05 PM
Have you tried using the Hack Conflict Detection Utility?

If you use the disc versions, like me, then you can get it here.

If you use the Ultimate Collection, Lazy Duchess altered it to make it easier for UC players here.

I also found a version here, but I'm not sure if it also works with physical copies of the game.

When I've used it, it lists which BHAVs are conflicting and which mods are having a conflict. It's how I found out WFSanity is conflicting with stuff in my game.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...