Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 11:29 AM
Change female hair to male
How do you change female hair to male, I can't workout how and I've tried just moving the information into the other but he just comes up bald. Can anyone help me please?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 5:45 PM
Unless you're working with children or toddlers, you'll have to convert the mesh if you want your guys to wear it. Male and female heads for teens, adults, and elders are slightly different shapes. You could change the gender number in SimPE, but your hair won't fit nicely to the Sim's head.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 7:54 PM
How do you change the number's in SimPE and what ones? -is obviously new at this- xD
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 9:49 PM
Try this tutorial. It's for clothing, but I think hair works the same way when you're dealing with genders.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 10:11 PM
Thank you for all you help, I've converted the hair file now but it does need a little bit of tweeking like you said before. =D
Not actually evil.
#6 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 10:58 PM
You'll still need to make a new mesh. If you tweak the existing mesh to work for men, it won't work for women anymore. If you want it only for men, that will be fine, but if you want it for men and women, you need two meshes, one for men, one for women. Also, most ages need their own mesh. Toddler, child, teenager, adult/elder, each needs its own mesh.

Do you have tiggerypum's example bodies and faces? The heads are very useful for making hair meshes fit properly.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#7 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 2:00 AM
Most of the time it is just best to start with the correct age and gender. That way you get the hair group correct. You can just resize and toss the other hair_03 etc groups on top of the correct head shape.

My article has everything you need to know to make your first hair mesh package.