Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Dec 2008 at 7:40 AM
Default Default Replacement Skins ...
Is there a way to make a default replacement of the *face* only? Without having to include any other files in the default replacement file, just the bmp's for the face?

I really hope this isn't a stupid question that I just missed the answer to somewhere else. If it is, sorry!

Check out Picking Up the Pieces
(Chapter 4 PART TWO posted 9/16/12)
~~~~
Quote:
"Jean-Luc, we're only moving six hundred people." ~Admiral Dougherty
"How many people does it take before it becomes wrong? Hmm? A thousand? Fifty thousand? A million? How many people does it take, Admiral!?" ~Picard
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Dec 2008 at 7:54 AM
Technically, yes, that is possible.

If you use Maxis default skintones for the bodies, it's even easier. Grab any existing default replacement skin package, delete the body textures, and just replace the face textures with what you want to be default. You'll need to make sure they match up properly in tone on top and bottom (scalp and neck) so there's not a seam, but that'd really be all you need to do. Default replacements are just texture replacements, and as long as the face matches the body, you can just replace part.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 12:36 PM
On the subject of Default Replacements:

I have the blank templates for the S1-S4 skins, the Alien skin & the Vampire overlay, but I haven't yet seen templates for the Zombie, Werewolf & PlantSim skins.

Are there any?

**** Leader of the MoonBats! ****
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 1:43 PM
You don't need a blank template to make a default replacement. All you need is ANY existing default replacement that someone else has made, and you just replace the textures in it with your own. Zombie, werewolf, and plantsim replacements do exist - I've made one for plantsim myself.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 1:58 PM
Okay, I'll give that a try.

On a similar note, how do you change the eye used on the PlantSim skin? I found two default PlantSim skins I rather like; one has the (Yumedust) eyes I want & the other has the (modified Louis) skin I like better, but I have no real clue how to get the Yumedust eyes onto the Louis faces.

I can believe it's just a matter of crop-n-paste....is it?

**** Leader of the MoonBats! ****
Not actually evil.
#6 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 5:56 PM
Yes, it is just crop-n-paste.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes