Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 5:34 PM
Default Townifying WITHOUT Wardrobe Wrangler
I've searched, but I can't find a tutorial for townifying clothing that doesn't involve creating a whole new neighborhood or using wardrobe wrangler. Since the wrangler is hanging up on my pc and townifying files at the speed of oh, say, a four year old tying their own shoes, I need to do this is simpe. Do I just follow Alkaloid's tutorial for townifying eyes?

Does townifying clothing remove the cc star in CAS? If so, is townifying my clothing downloads a -bad- idea?

Thanks for the answers!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 12:23 AM
I don't really know about removing the CC stars, but I'll help you with the townifying thing.
You can townify with Simpe, and the process is pretty easy.
Here you have a tutorial that explains you how to do it. That is the best tutorial I have found when it comes to townifying things.

It is not a bad idea to townify clothes, I do it in my game and I have never experienced any problems. I would only give you some advice/tips about it, but feel free to choose whatever you like.

- It is better not to townify untucked pants or skirts. Most probably, this would mean many townies showing their asses to everyone.
- If you have a set of dresses that has a lot of different recolors, it is maybe better to choose just some colors.
- I would choose variety of items over quantity. It is maybe better to have just 10 townified clothes, but having them of various styles/looks than having 100000 outfits townified, but being all of them basicly the same.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#3 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 5:59 PM
This is also called Decustomizing, that might be why your initial search didn't pull up much. Here's one I wrote. http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=304205