Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Sep 2010 at 12:29 AM
Default Changing the Loading Screen/Sims 2 Logo?
Hello,
I am interested in changing the background to the first loading screen/logo screen in the game, the one that shows after the Maxis logo and the intro video. I know this is possible, having seen this member's downloads -- however, whenever I import the .png into the ui.package of the basegame, it does not show. I'm met with the regular loading screen & logo, as if I hadn't edited anything at all.

I know this isn't because I forgot to commit the changes -- I did, and multiple times at that. I commit the changes, I save, I replace my edited UI with the default, and I still don't see any changes at all.

I have Double Deluxe, plus all expansion packs except for Freetime. Help?
Advertisement
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Sep 2010 at 11:02 PM
I don't personally know anything about this, but I just happened across a section in the wiki that has tutorials in this area. See Tutorials:Hacks_and_Game_Mod_Basic_Tutorials#UI_Modificationswiki. Perhaps one of them will help.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#3 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 5:56 PM
You have to place the package in your most recent EP folder in your game files, not your downloads folder. I forget offhand which folder it is, but its either the UI one itself, or the Overides folder, or Bins.
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 2:44 AM
i hav done it before :D

Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 2:44 AM
ask me if u want a tutorial

Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#6 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 5:38 PM
Please don't double post, and please check the post dates before replying, this thread is 2 years old.