Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Dec 2023 at 1:54 AM
Default how do i change commuinity lot radio stations?
im sure this is a pretty easy answer... but doing a few keywords searches didnt find anything but how do i change the stations the community lots play? is it a different set of speakers or is it random based on lot category? i tried ctrl+shift+click in buy/build mode and wasnt given the option to set a station, tried same thing in live mode and it gave me regular stereo options like skip, volume, etc but not station change
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Dec 2023 at 5:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Silence731
im sure this is a pretty easy answer... but doing a few keywords searches didnt find anything but how do i change the stations the community lots play? is it a different set of speakers or is it random based on lot category?

Are you using the wall speakers in the buy debug catalog or a regular radio? The wall speakers are control+shift+click in buy or build mode. As far as I know ordinary radios and stereos can only be changed in live mode by an active Sim.
Instructor
#3 Old 22nd Dec 2023 at 6:04 AM
im sure this is a pretty easy answer... but doing a few keywords searches didnt find anything but how do i change the stations the community lots play? is it a different set of speakers or is it random based on lot category? i tried ctrl+shift+click in buy/build mode and wasnt given the option to set a station, tried same thing in live mode and it gave me regular stereo options like skip, volume, etc but not station change

I believe if you enter the cheat “testingcheatsenabled true” and then Ctrl + Shift + Click on the wall speaker in build mode, select “Change to” in the pie menu, and you should be able to change the genre of music playing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Dec 2023 at 7:19 PM
did nto think about trying with testingcheats, will try that and see... as for speaker type.. it is the community lot speakers found under the community building icon in build mode, the white speaker box with 2 speakers on it, not the one that can be found in buy mode under audio on home lots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Dec 2023 at 3:05 PM
ok, tried both speakers, community lot one with 2 speakers on it and the home buyable version and neither let me change stations with testingcheatsenabled true on... tried both in live mode and build/buy mode, could it be limited by the lot type? as in a nectary would be limited to 1 type of station while a gym would have access to maybe 2 or 3? i have not tried on more then 1 lot which is why im asking
Scholar
#6 Old 23rd Dec 2023 at 4:00 PM Last edited by MurderPrincessK : 23rd Dec 2023 at 4:44 PM.
you need to be in build/buy mode to change them

testingcheatsenabled true
shift+click to enter Build/Buy on the community lot
ctrl+shift+click to change the station on wall speakers

if its not working on the lot type you want it to you could just add a stereo and cheat to add the wire whole house upgrade?

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Instructor
#7 Old 23rd Dec 2023 at 7:35 PM
I can tell there are two types of community wall stereos, one in buy debug and one in build > community objects (where you can find the rabbit holes), and they have similar look. One in community objects can be changed with testingcheatsenabled true and ctrl+shift+click on it and you'll see options 'change to', can even be placed up and down just like paintings. The one in buy debug seems to act differently since it can't be shifted up nor down. Try deleting all the wall stereos and replace them with the ones in build objects, not in buy debug. Mine has been working perfectly. If it doesn't still, there may be something's going on with your mods installation.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Dec 2023 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
I can tell there are two types of community wall stereos, one in buy debug and one in build > community objects (where you can find the rabbit holes), and they have similar look. One in community objects can be changed with testingcheatsenabled true and ctrl+shift+click on it and you'll see options 'change to', can even be placed up and down just like paintings. The one in buy debug seems to act differently since it can't be shifted up nor down. Try deleting all the wall stereos and replace them with the ones in build objects, not in buy debug. Mine has been working perfectly. If it doesn't still, there may be something's going on with your mods installation.

Heres something weird and why i think my game is cursed... played around with both speakers as you suggested.. and the one in the buydebug mode i can change the stations on... the community objects i cannot, now the one in community objects can be shifted while the one in buydebug cannot...
Alchemist
#9 Old 28th Dec 2023 at 3:17 PM
Is it possible that there is some mod that affects the speakers somehow? Just a thought.

When it comes to lot type limitations... I haven't noticed any in my game, at least not on any lot I have placed the speakers on.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Dec 2023 at 12:26 AM
to the best of my knowledge non of my mods effects community lot speakers, unless that is a stealth feature thats not listed... i have a couple of objects from pandorasims, i have several NRaas mods, i have a couple of the tudor business shells, i have the golden UI, and i have the bajillion and one radio stations which was just recently added, and one all 3 of those pages nothing that i saw mentioned the music stations changes the speakers, i have the rabbit hole rugs, and a couple of diner reskins, i have the plant mods that let your plants live super long and i have the showtime rewards unlocks mod that i dont really think works for me
Alchemist
#11 Old 29th Dec 2023 at 10:17 AM
to the best of my knowledge non of my mods effects community lot speakers, unless that is a stealth feature thats not listed... i have a couple of objects from pandorasims, i have several NRaas mods, i have a couple of the tudor business shells, i have the golden UI, and i have the bajillion and one radio stations which was just recently added, and one all 3 of those pages nothing that i saw mentioned the music stations changes the speakers, i have the rabbit hole rugs, and a couple of diner reskins, i have the plant mods that let your plants live super long and i have the showtime rewards unlocks mod that i dont really think works for me

None of those really raises red flags, you're right, and if the problem already was there before the radio station mod, then it probably can't be that either. Still, have you tested the speakers with a completely clean Sims 3 folder? Just to see if they work with factory settings?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Dec 2023 at 11:33 PM
i have not, it works and thats good enough for me for right now, i know which speakers let me change stations when needed... if they change for some reason then ill have to look into clean installs and folders
Alchemist
#13 Old 30th Dec 2023 at 12:50 PM
i have not, it works and thats good enough for me for right now, i know which speakers let me change stations when needed... if they change for some reason then ill have to look into clean installs and folders

Ah. okay. If it at some point comes down to that, instead of clean install, just move the Sims 3 Folder somewhere safe and let the game create a new one. A lot easier test than installing everything all over again.