Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2016 at 3:23 AM
My gameplay mods are working but content mods arent and its ridiculously slow!
Hey guys! So I've had Sims for more than 10 years and I love this game but ever since I got a new computer the problems have started. SO its now a Sims 3 and the so slow i mean its ridiculous! It pauses for about 30 seconds and then gives me about 5-10 seconds of normal gameplay, that drives me nuts! So anyways my mods are so crazy now too so only the mods that affect gameplay are working but not my content mods and not only that but my load up is horribly slow about 100-160 min? fuck!! so anyways I have tried deleting the folders and putting them back and deleting the resource.cfg file and redownloading and absoutlely nothing is helping I actually didnt sleep for 3 days because i was trying to figure this problem out! i finally gave up until yesterday when i was playing one random little clothing mod popped up and the reignited the flame. so now i am determined to now fix this problem! SO please guys im begging you please help me fix this lagging and why are only the gameplay mods working and not content?! does it have something to do with windows 10? also i know that it can sense it because when i take them out and only have like 50 mods it takes like 10-30 min to load but if i have my mods then it takes 3-4 times longer to load up so I know it reads them yet theyre not showing up. And i know im kind of on the right path because for the longest time neither types of mods would work but now i have atleast the gamplay mods working. Thank you sorry this is so long!
:lovestruc
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 16th Aug 2016 at 4:05 AM
Windows 10 is not the problem, no. My game runs fine on Windows 10. However, do note that Win10 will try to put your Sims 3 documents folder (the one with your saves and mods) into OneDrive instead of Documents. If your computer did that, you will want to move the folder. Also, make sure your mods framework is set up correctly. Just follow the instructions for Windows 7. It will be the same for 10.

Out of curiosity, if you temporarily remove all mods and cc, does that fix the lagging?
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 16th Aug 2016 at 3:40 PM
The [Tips For Better Game Performance document has several tips and tools that will help get your game and system healthy again.