Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Autumn Falls - a revised version of Springville

by himawara106 Posted 29th Jan 2010 at 2:20 PM - Updated 17th Feb 2010 at 11:07 AM by himawara106

175 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 142 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 8
#151 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 3:47 PM
No problems downloading or installing this, though my rar extractor did require that I make the file names match, which was easily fixed as per flerp. The issue is not himawara106`s fault, as the numbers in question are assigned by the site as [sequentialy-assigned] ID numbers, and get included in the name given to the downloading program.

The trees in the river [and one in the ocean] were easily moved with the game`s Edit World feature, and I expect the dumpsters can be moved the same way. The fountain was untouchable, however, which might be explained either by the fact that it is entirely underwater, or by the fact that it is at the exact corner of the map.

I have no clue what to do about the terrain showing through the roads. While it seems to happen more here, I have to note that it also happens occasionaly in the neighborhood that ships with the game.

The graveyard looks to be an exact copy of the standard Sunset Valley graveyard, which makes me puzzled that the graves there are all labeled "remains" instead of the names of the standard graveyard ghosts. Also, the gravestones themselves behave like died-in-game gravestones instead of like the ones in Sunset Valley`s prebuilt graveyard. Odd, but not necessarily problematic.

Not only were some of the lots named in what looked like a non-English language [not a real problem], but some of them had empty names. Again, not a serious issue.

Over-all a good effort [especialy considering the appalling state of the Create-A-World tool] with no serious technical issues.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#152 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 8:19 AM
I had absolutely no problem at all installing this world.. once I figured out how to un-pack it, that is.

It is a beautiful world!

I went in and put in houses, a park, club and other things and in no time at all had simmies moving in..etc.

Great fun! Thank you for making this!
Test Subject
#153 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 11:55 PM
It took me some figuring and searching but I did figure out combining BUT now for some reason it simply won't install... I think. xD My launcher comes up and just sits with me unable to click while the other install window fails to do anything with an empty progress bar. I really can't figure why.. @-@ I have never encountered this before.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#154 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 9:39 PM
Given that this has actually the lowest amount of multiple download parts in it and it is really pretty, I am tempted to download this. But I do not know if it will work with the latest patch. Could you please check? Thank you.
Scholar
#155 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 12:23 AM
As the layout and compactness and speed of loading go, this would easily be my favourite map ever, but...

... I must be doing something wrong, because I have serious routing problem with most lots every time I tried this over the last two years or so. E.g., yeah, the 20x20 lots by the shore are the easiest to show the problem: it's very soon impossible for NPCs to route out.

For a while I used it like in the Yakov Smirnoff joke: "Best part of being a commedian in Russia is you have captured audience. They're not going anywhere." The neighbours would just stand there on the porch complaining about routing, and my sim could just go tell them jokes whenever he felt a social need.

In fact, that seems to apply to most lots for NPCs. The 20x30 lot at the end of the road along the beach for example, although my character can route out just fine, the postman never can. Luckily these days the postman then teleports out.

Also, yeah, I remember I could once send my sim to learn Athletic skill at the stadium, but now it's impossible to route there. That's easily fixed though by replacing the school with the new combined school and stadium rabbithole.

What's somewhat less helpful is that if I place buildings there that aren't rabbitholes, e.g., the consignment house, the cashier NPC never shows up. I'm not sure if this is about routing on the lot I used, or what.

I'd be really grateful if these things were fixed, because, as I was saying, I really like the map layout and all.
Field Researcher
#156 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 3:56 AM
Interesting you should say that, Moraelin, I was coming back here to see if others were having routing issues as well. It's really too bad, it's a great-looking little world. My sims struggle to get off their lot, I have to walk them away one little bit at a time, and even then it's not easy. Coming back is a nightmare. I put down a community lot (a restaurant), and the NPC never spawned there either. Oh well! I'll figure a way to take these picks for DOTY if it kills me! LOL
Scholar
#157 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jaguwar
Interesting you should say that, Moraelin, I was coming back here to see if others were having routing issues as well. It's really too bad, it's a great-looking little world. My sims struggle to get off their lot, I have to walk them away one little bit at a time, and even then it's not easy. Coming back is a nightmare. I put down a community lot (a restaurant), and the NPC never spawned there either. Oh well! I'll figure a way to take these picks for DOTY if it kills me! LOL

Let me guess, you were on the 25x25 lot near the bistro? I never could get my sim out of there.

Interestingly enough, though, when I put an npc house there, and rotated it so it's basically towards the hospital, the NPCs (including my cat) CAN get in and out of that lot.

BTW, I figured out why the cashier NPCs don't spawn. It's not the map's fault, so I should apologize there to the author. It's the lack of houses.

EA's code doesn't use homeless townies for those, it has to be a sim in town. It just shanghais a random sim to man the registers and pro bars and stages, plus paparazzi and coworkers and such, or moves a new family in a free house if there's one free, and assigns them to the role. If there are not enough houses, either the sim never spawns OR, worse yet, the game goes into a frenzy of assigning and reassigning sims on an hourly basis.

(BTW, although this clearly is a story progression, since it assigns people and moves people in, it happens even with story progression disabled!)

So you see the problem on this map, but not in, say, Sunset Valley or Bridgeport, just because Sunset Valley and co have lots of unemployed sims and lots of free houses.

Now you probably don't want to pollute your little town with 20 houses just for register NPCs, so here's solution #2:

Get NRaas Register. It will do what EA should have done, namely:

A) By default, it just spawns a homeless NPC and assigns it to the register or whatnot. So even without any houses in town, wth, it will still have bartenders and proprietors and paparazzi and whatnot.

B) lets you assign a sim yourself. So you can just design your own sim you want to man the bar, give them a home if you want to visit them later, etc.
Test Subject
#158 Old 30th Sep 2013 at 7:32 PM
"File is broken" message from seven zip
I love this world and the fact it is base game only. But when I go to open the sims3pack file in seven zip it loads all the way and then says "File is broken" please help my game is updated to the latest patch and I only have 2 ep's (if that effects it idk). Also I am running windows 8

Thanks for your help everyone I am new at this.....
Lab Assistant
#159 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PurinsesuKyandeSeppun
everytime i download it 7zip repots the file as broken?

Me too twice I downloaded and it said it was broken
Test Subject
#160 Old 3rd Jan 2014 at 1:54 AM
I'm getting the "File Broken" error from 7zip also
I hope this world can be fixed, it looks like an awesome world & I'd love to play the game within it!
THANKS POST
#161 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 2:36 PM
thank you ^ ^
THANKS POST
#162 Old 19th May 2014 at 9:16 AM
TY
Test Subject
#163 Old 20th May 2014 at 7:09 AM
uhm, i downloaded already but i cant find it in the game. please can u tell me where to find the world? and btw i have updated my launcher to the latest version. thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#164 Old 30th May 2014 at 12:31 AM
There is a glithc with the stadium but it could be fixed by deleting the building and put a new one. It's one of my favorite maps!
You shall make another, but larger :D
Thank you for this map!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#165 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 7:48 AM
I loved the world thanks since i don't hav most expansions packs so its really nice someone does a world just for base game
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#166 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 2:52 PM
i love it! your amazin dude
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#167 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 2:59 PM
One of the worlds I play the most!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#168 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 6:38 PM
Thanks for making a basegame new neighborhood. I've been stuck in Sunset Valley for years because my computer can't handle expansions. Awesome work!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#169 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 5:02 PM
Thank you so much
Scholar
#170 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 12:57 AM
There's one odd little thing about this world I've noticed. Nraas Overwatch seems to remove an awful lot of vehicles overnight, sometimes more that 9000! It might be some problem with my set up, but I've not noticed it with any of my other towns, downloaded or otherwise. Not really a problem, but rather strange. There can't really be that number of vehicles surely!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#171 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 9:13 PM
I just love this world, thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#172 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 1:14 AM
Such a nice neighborhood, thank you
Test Subject
#173 Old 3rd May 2015 at 7:34 AM
Hi,

Need your help! Love the map but somehow I don't have any vehicles showing on "Buy" mode. I have the garage doors and parking spaces, but somehow the cars are not showing up for this map.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#174 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 4:08 AM
my . far is not woring and thx
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#175 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 9:32 AM
thank you for sharing.
Page 7 of 8