Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Give" Interaction *Compatible with 1.67*

by treeag Posted 9th Jan 2010 at 10:18 AM - Updated 18th Mar 2014 at 6:59 AM by treeag

89 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 72 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
#26 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 12:48 PM
First of all thanks for taking of your time to make these wonderful mods. This mod does not seem to be working for me. I have downloaded it several times and installed, but when I click on a Sim or any Sim for that matter, I am not getting the give option. I have World Adventures installed and the game is patch up to 2.3.3.
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 2:30 PM
Thank you,treeag
that's exactly what I want in the game, come back to report on whether it will work!
Thanks

I´am Happy to be a Member ... .-))
Banned
#28 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 3:06 PM
i'm afraid to give the cellphone away... :-P
Test Subject
#29 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 3:13 AM
This is a much welcomed mod, its good to finally be able to give things to sims out side of the household and get a relationship boost for doing so. Thanks for doing this mod which really should have been included in the base game however it hopefully will be added in a future expantion pack.
Theorist
Original Poster
#30 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 4:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by philcool
First of all thanks for taking of your time to make these wonderful mods. This mod does not seem to be working for me. I have downloaded it several times and installed, but when I click on a Sim or any Sim for that matter, I am not getting the give option. I have World Adventures installed and the game is patch up to 2.3.3.

How and where did you install it?
Test Subject
#31 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 3:16 PM
treeag, I installed it using the Monkey Helper to C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3.
Theorist
Original Poster
#32 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 4:29 PM
Monkey Helper doesn't support WA, you should try this tool instead.
Test Subject
#33 Old 15th Jan 2010 at 11:43 AM
treeag, I have solved the problem, I put the d3dx9_31dll file in the World Adventures directory and it is working perfectly, thanks.
Top Secret Researcher
#34 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 12:20 PM
So glad you have restored one of the things that I missed from TS2, I can finally get rid of all the useless junk!
Test Subject
#37 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 3:43 PM
This is great i REALLY wanted this thank you so much! ^_^ and yes please sleep .. my goodness...
Test Subject
#38 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 12:14 AM
I am not sure if this mod is working right for me, seems to be great for everyone else...the items I have given to others (in my household AND others) are not showing up in the reciever's inventory. What am I doing wrong?
Theorist
Original Poster
#39 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 3:44 AM
That's weird. What is your game version? Are the items gone from the giver's inventory?
Test Subject
#40 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 1:50 PM
I just used this mod to transfer some deeds back from a toddler to an adult sim (they were broke and they needed the cash!). Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 9:21 AM
This download is featured on the Sims3Freebies group on Facebook! Thanks for sharing your time and talent with the Sims3 community <g>

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=237169062063
Test Subject
#42 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 12:17 AM
This mod only partially works in my game. The give interaction shows up, but you cannot click it. (Not greyed out, just present and unclickable). I have Base+WA. I was trying to give to someone on the lot and in the family. Please help, if you can. Thanks.
Theorist
Original Poster
#43 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 3:32 PM
Hmm maybe your sim has too many things in their inventory?
Test Subject
#44 Old 6th May 2010 at 11:49 AM
very good creation!!

the sims' world is really weird without this interaction!!!
Field Researcher
#45 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 9:38 PM
Is this compatible with Ambitions?

Wow, it's beautiful outside. I should probably do something....

Like close the blinds on my window so there isn't a glare on my computer screen.
Theorist
Original Poster
#46 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 11:57 AM
Yes it is
Test Subject
#47 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 11:25 AM
I have Ambitions and it doesn't work. There is no "Give"-Option by klicking on a sim. I installed with Monkey.
Test Subject
#48 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 5:16 AM Last edited by Himbeergeist : 27th Jun 2010 at 6:47 AM.
I share lalalimbo's problem. The "gifts" don't show up in the inventory of the donee so the items are practically gone.

btw I use version 4.0 and the SliderHack.
Theorist
Original Poster
#49 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 2:17 PM
Twallan told me a few days ago that one of the patch changed the way inventory transfer works for inactive households (apparently they purge items transferred to inactive sims' inventories), so I guess that's why the items are gone. It didn't happen when I made and tested this mod a few months ago. I don't know which patch though, Twallan said it's probably 1.5. In the mean time don't use it to transfer items to other households until I can fix it. I'll add a warning in the overview tab, sorry for the trouble.
Test Subject
#50 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 6:09 PM
Just a small tipp for those who those who can't use this mod and have WA: Place the items you want to give away in a treasure chest and change the household. The receiver can simply take them out of there.
Page 2 of 4