Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Backdoor Lane 10 [NL+OfB] -- Three row houses

by plasticbox Posted 11th Jan 2007 at 5:48 PM - Updated 21st Sep 2008 at 9:40 PM by plasticbox : Addressed questions re. multi-household lots | Reupload

79 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 77 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 19th Jun 2007 at 5:54 AM
Hi plasticbox!!!
This lot is super!!! Wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing it!!! I wanted to know if you areavailable to take a request of building a drugstore/pharmacy (community lot) since I guess no one has made one of this or, if made, I`m sure yours will be the best of them all!!! May you take this, please? Thanks a lot!!!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#52 Old 19th Jun 2007 at 2:09 PM
Re. drugstore/pharmacy, can't you take just about any shop and put a pharmacy in it? To me that sounds like mainly a question of decoration/CC used. If you know more about that than I do, like a particular kind of floorplan that a pharmacy usually has, feel free to provide info =)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Instructor
#53 Old 19th Jun 2007 at 9:10 PM
This is awesome! thanks a lot for sharing!
Test Subject
#54 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 12:52 AM
fantastic job, thank you so much
Field Researcher
#55 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 7:29 AM
How did you manage to take pictures of you house without the house near you being blurred? I have been making a town based on your houses, but when i am playing one particular lot, the other house close are all blured.

Thanks for you hard work, i love your sim homes
Field Researcher
#56 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 5:27 PM
I've downloaded several of your backdoor lane houses, and whenever I try to load any of your houses my game crashes, but I can load houses by other people just fine. is there something I'm supposed to download in order to be able to use your houses?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#57 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 10:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lizbethbear
is there something I'm supposed to download in order to be able to use your houses?

No, they should work like any other lot.

* What exactly do you mean by "load" -- does it crash when you click on the house in the lot bin, or at some other point?

* What EPs/SPs do you have? (According to your profile, you have everything that's required, but the profiles arent always correct)

* How do you install the lots? With the Maxis installer?

Quote: Originally posted by sailfindragon
How did you manage to take pictures of you house without the house near you being blurred?

No idea what you mean .. the neighbouring houses *are* blurred (see overview pic).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Field Researcher
#58 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
No, they should work like any other lot.

* What exactly do you mean by "load" -- does it crash when you click on the house in the lot bin, or at some other point?

* What EPs/SPs do you have? (According to your profile, you have everything that's required, but the profiles arent always correct)

* How do you install the lots? With the Maxis installer?

My game crashes when I try to move a family into the house. I have everything except GL. I install all lots with the maxis installer, nothing else seems to work with my windows vista. i am beginning to think that it is the fact that I just installed the ep5 patch and had not downloaded the insim or inteen for the patched game. I will try that and then see how it goes. I hope that's the problem because I think your houses are wonderful.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#59 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lizbethbear
My game crashes when I try to move a family into the house.

That sounds like good news -- if I recall correctly, severe problems with the lot (like not having required EPs) would normally crash you when trying to place it (i.e. clicking on it in the lot bin).

Have you tried opening the empty lot? To rule out it's somehting with the sims you want to move in?

Lab Assistant
#60 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 8:56 PM
LOVLEEEY, LOVLEEEY, LOVLEEEEY, LOVLEEY! Me have :D:D:D:D:D

Swedän rules, not.
Scholar
#61 Old 8th Jul 2007 at 7:58 AM
The best multi-family house I have ever seen. Thank you.

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today

My Avatar? It's Corto Maltese - a pirate but a gentleman! His name stands for honor, honesty, confidence and the truth: THE TRUE FACE OF TSR
Top Secret Researcher
#62 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 2:11 AM
Thank you very much for this. It's a nice idea.
Test Subject
#63 Old 18th Nov 2007 at 10:37 PM
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... are these furnished?????

What the world needs is more humble geniuses.. there are so few of us left!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#64 Old 18th Nov 2007 at 11:22 PM
blazingstar, they're exactly like on the screenshots.

Test Subject
#65 Old 7th Dec 2007 at 9:39 AM
Very, very nice. Just what I was looking for to put in my newly acquired downtown. Again, very, very lovely work.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 11:15 PM
Dude, is it just me or the entrance to that basement is ACTUALLY from the bathroom?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#67 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 2:27 AM
JRW,

Yes. This is normal in older houses where the bathroom is a converted laundry room.

Lab Assistant
#68 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 11:18 AM
Seriously?

But… what if one (or more) of the tenants wish to go down to the basement and another tenant occupies the bathroom? Are those in the basement being trapped with no escape?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#69 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 12:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JRW
Seriously?

Yup, I swear. I've seen that.

If it bothers you, maybe you could work around it by using that bathroom as an actual fake laundry room or a pantry (that's what it's called? room to store food in?). Or only use the frontmost 2 tiles for a tiny toilet, and have the basement access directly from the kitchen behind that.

Also, I think there's no-privacy hacks that allow family members to enter the bathroom while it's in use .. maybe that would help too.

(My last apartment had the shower in the kitchen .. now imagine *that* in a sim house!)

Lab Assistant
#70 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 2:25 PM
I simply happen to think it would have been better if you made a one-square-wide gap between this house to the one it's attached to, and set the basement door at the bottom of the stairs (like when you enter the house, turn to the left and you'll see it).
Turning the only bathroom into something else would not be such a great idea, you know... :\
Also removing the far two squares of the bathroom would leave it with no windows.
And even if sims really can go through the bathroom if it's accupied, that should be avoided.

A shower in the kitchen??
What...the........
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 10:44 AM
You could try locking the bedrooms for that household only

"Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever".
R.I.P Brandon Lee
Test Subject
#72 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 11:30 PM
Plasticbox...you just rock! I'd die 2 hav ur talent. You are like so amazing! I'm gonna be using sum of your creations 4 my new series if thats all right. If its not just tell me. If you do let me (Which i realy hope you do ) I will give you MASSES of credit. How can I not?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#73 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 1:51 AM
Stripeystrawberry123,

you can use my lots for whatever you want. =) Have fun!

Mad Poster
#74 Old 28th Dec 2008 at 12:05 AM
You have outdone yourself! I especially like the fact that by using Out for Business you don't need to use the houses that you don't want to use. You are brilliant!

Sadly, I can't download it, because I don't meet the requirements, but thankyou so much for this. I love the look of the houses.

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Forum Resident
#75 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 9:20 AM
Is it possible to convert this lot into a apartment building?

I tried to do it by removing the back doors and replacing the front door of each house by the one to be used on apartments, did the changelotzoning apartmentbase cheat, saved, exited to the neighborhood, all looked well, but when I tried to move a sim into it, it didn't work...

BTW, I have all expansions up to Apartment Life and all stuff packs up to Mansions and Gardens.

"If you suspect you won't like the answer, then don't make the question"
Page 3 of 4