Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 MorphMaker - updated to V4.5.2 on 4/19/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 4th Jun 2018 at 6:41 PM - Updated 19th Apr 2023 at 4:23 PM by CmarNYC : Update

643 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 574 Feedback Posts, 68 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 17 of 26
Test Subject
#401 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 3:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
You can't change the number of polygons with a preset, if that's what you mean.

thanks for the reply, so a body preset isnt the same as clothes, hair that we can add more polygons ? I had some hair in my folder that can be up to 60k poly.

i just think detailed body preset will look much better
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#402 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 4:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sims4lord
thanks for the reply, so a body preset isnt the same as clothes, hair that we can add more polygons ? I had some hair in my folder that can be up to 60k poly.

i just think detailed body preset will look much better

All a preset can do is change the positions and normals of the base mesh. For a head, the only way to increase the polygons would be to do a default replacement of the head mesh. You'd have to assign vertex ID numbers since the heads use BGEO morphs for some sliders and maybe expressions, but you'd have to either put up with the mesh looking jagged in some morphs or replace all the game BGEOs. It's not an easy project.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#403 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 3:27 AM
All a preset can do is change the positions and normals of the base mesh. For a head, the only way to increase the polygons would be to do a default replacement of the head mesh. You'd have to assign vertex ID numbers since the heads use BGEO morphs for some sliders and maybe expressions, but you'd have to either put up with the mesh looking jagged in some morphs or replace all the game BGEOs. It's not an easy project.

I'm also thinking about changing arm length. Sims 4 models have long arms, so do u think a body preset shorter arm length will work? or does it have to match with default rig bones?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#404 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 9:47 AM
I'm also thinking about changing arm length. Sims 4 models have long arms, so do u think a body preset shorter arm length will work? or does it have to match with default rig bones?

A bone morph can change the arm length. DMap morphs won't work right. I don't know if the animations would look right, though.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#405 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 2:04 PM
If you changed the number or order of faces that would cause this problem. Try importing the mesh and exporting it without changes, keeping the vertex order. Keep that exported mesh, make your changes by changing vertex positions and normals and nothing else, and export again. If using the original base mesh doesn't work in MorphMaker, try using the unchanged mesh you exported as the base. If that doesn't work, your meshing tool isn't correctly exporting the mesh with the faces unchanged.

Hey!
Well. This error message is gone. Now it says its out of the array area. What does that mean? ^^"
Thanks for your help!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#406 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 4:27 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 24th Apr 2021 at 6:18 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by benighted
Hey!
Well. This error message is gone. Now it says its out of the array area. What does that mean? ^^"
Thanks for your help!

That means something's wrong in the morph or possibly base mesh, but without seeing the first dozen or so lines of the error message I can't tell more than that. Please upload the error message and your base and morph meshes.

Edit: this could be caused by a mesh with no normals. Make sure you exported it with the option to write normals.

Test Subject
#407 Old 12th May 2021 at 2:52 AM
A bone morph can change the arm length. DMap morphs won't work right. I don't know if the animations would look right, though.

Can you show me how to change bone morph and DMap Morph? or any tutorial link I should look at?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#408 Old 12th May 2021 at 4:39 AM
Can you show me how to change bone morph and DMap Morph? or any tutorial link I should look at?

What do you mean, how to change them? There are three tutorials linked from the download description on how to make presets and sliders.

Test Subject
#409 Old 12th May 2021 at 7:13 AM
What do you mean, how to change them? There are three tutorials linked from the download description on how to make presets and sliders.

what I mean is a slider/preset to reduce the arm length.

In the default EA body, the tip of finger touch the red point on the thight.

But with slider/preset, I hope the arm length is reduced, with tip of finger touching those blue points (still maintain the animation)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#410 Old 12th May 2021 at 1:59 PM
what I mean is a slider/preset to reduce the arm length.

But with slider/preset, I hope the arm length is reduced, with tip of finger touching those blue points (still maintain the animation)

Try this slider. It's for the upper arm, pull up to shorten the arms. I made it for male and female, child through elder. In CAS the elbows look too straight but otherwise animations look okay, but you'll have to test in-game yourself. If animations are off there's nothing I know of that can be done about it.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  cmar_ShorterArmsSlider.zip (740 Bytes, 16 downloads)

Test Subject
#411 Old 27th May 2021 at 12:19 PM
Hey! I was wondering how we can implement the idea of including a bone delta in a package with shoes that fall under the floor. I'm trying to add a bone value in the studio and enter the bone data of the entire character's body that I found in the morphmaker, and this bone is detected correctly, but when I enter the offset values, my character does not move in any direction. So the question is: am I looking in the right direction or does it not work like that? My dream is to raise shoes without additional sliders and only when using shoes on a platform.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#412 Old 27th May 2021 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kenny McCormick
Hey! I was wondering how we can implement the idea of including a bone delta in a package with shoes that fall under the floor. I'm trying to add a bone value in the studio and enter the bone data of the entire character's body that I found in the morphmaker, and this bone is detected correctly, but when I enter the offset values, my character does not move in any direction. So the question is: am I looking in the right direction or does it not work like that? My dream is to raise shoes without additional sliders and only when using shoes on a platform.

Changing the offset on the root bone lifts the sim, and your pic looks like the sim is lifted. Where is it not moving? I don't understand what you mean by adding a bone value in the studio.

The only way I know of that MIGHT work to have shoes automatically raise the sim would be to link a custom buff in the CASP with a sim modifier or bone delta linked from that. As far as I know no one has done this and I don't know how to do it or if it would work. Most likely you'd have to make a CAS slider or preset and manually adjust the sims in CAS when you put high shoes on them.

Test Subject
#413 Old 28th May 2021 at 7:59 AM
Changing the offset on the root bone lifts the sim, and your pic looks like the sim is lifted. Where is it not moving? I don't understand what you mean by adding a bone value in the studio.

The only way I know of that MIGHT work to have shoes automatically raise the sim would be to link a custom buff in the CASP with a sim modifier or bone delta linked from that. As far as I know no one has done this and I don't know how to do it or if it would work. Most likely you'd have to make a CAS slider or preset and manually adjust the sims in CAS when you put high shoes on them.

Unfortunately it didn't work for me no matter how much I tried. I tried to create a bone delta and bind to a buff, I also tried to bind to a preset through the studio, but in the studio an error arises that it does not work with presets. At the same time, I cannot import the preset created in the morphmaker into the package and bind it for the shoes. Thanks for the answer!
Test Subject
#414 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 1:24 PM
Hello again! I have already become a regular visitor with you .. I will be brief. When I create a mouth preset, crevices in the inside of the mouth and lips appear in the game. Absolutely all creators have this. Even if you line up the vertices inside the mouth with the outside so that there is no hole, it will appear in the game.

I thought it was wrong work of bgeo, because when I made the same preset via dmap, it was without holes. Is there anything you can do about it?

(in the screenshots I took a preset from one author and exported the obj from it, then checked it in a blender. I lifted the vertices of the lip joint and they were connected to each other)
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#415 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kenny McCormick
Hello again! I have already become a regular visitor with you .. I will be brief. When I create a mouth preset, crevices in the inside of the mouth and lips appear in the game. Absolutely all creators have this. Even if you line up the vertices inside the mouth with the outside so that there is no hole, it will appear in the game.

I thought it was wrong work of bgeo, because when I made the same preset via dmap, it was without holes. Is there anything you can do about it?

(in the screenshots I took a preset from one author and exported the obj from it, then checked it in a blender. I lifted the vertices of the lip joint and they were connected to each other)

I looked at two mouth presets, one has this problem and the other doesn't. Both use BGEOs. At this point I have no idea what's causing it and will have to look into it.

Test Subject
#416 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 8:14 AM
Hello I am making a body preset and have followed all rules and ways to a T but for some reason when I bring the obj then turned into their proper files the face of my body preset changes {i did not and dont touch the face at all int he making of it} and there for it changes my already made sims face and I was wondering if you may know whats happening? Ive been trying everything possible to fix it for an entire day lmao and I cant find anything. I even brought in the morph from the preview into blender to compare and the faces are completely diff and messed up. I thought since i but the preset as a body it wouldnt even touch the face but nope that baby got jacked lol. I would appreciate any help at all, thankyou!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#417 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 8:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zombiesiims
Hello I am making a body preset and have followed all rules and ways to a T but for some reason when I bring the obj then turned into their proper files the face of my body preset changes {i did not and dont touch the face at all int he making of it} and there for it changes my already made sims face and I was wondering if you may know whats happening? Ive been trying everything possible to fix it for an entire day lmao and I cant find anything. I even brought in the morph from the preview into blender to compare and the faces are completely diff and messed up. I thought since i but the preset as a body it wouldnt even touch the face but nope that baby got jacked lol. I would appreciate any help at all, thankyou!

I'll need more information than that. If you're doing a DMap morph and changing the fingers or ankles, that may affect the face. Please upload your base and morph meshes.

Test Subject
#418 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 12:14 AM
I'll need more information than that. If you're doing a DMap morph and changing the fingers or ankles, that may affect the face. Please upload your base and morph meshes.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/2368...%2526M.zip/file
SORRY the files I couldnt upload directly
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#419 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 4:02 PM
https://www.mediafire.com/file/2368...%2526M.zip/file
SORRY the files I couldnt upload directly

I see the head and face are very slightly modified in your morph and a very slight difference shows up in the DMap. It doesn't look distorted. I also see the ankles are morphed, which can cause inner mouth distortion.

Please explain exactly what the problem is, and make sure you're using the latest version of MorphMaker.

Test Subject
#420 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 6:16 PM
I see the head and face are very slightly modified in your morph and a very slight difference shows up in the DMap. It doesn't look distorted. I also see the ankles are morphed, which can cause inner mouth distortion.

Please explain exactly what the problem is, and make sure you're using the latest version of MorphMaker.

I did slightly morph the head in this one because I thought it would fix it, I should have disclaimed because I forgot to keep a save where it was not messed with as for the ankles after you had mentioned it I went back into blender and tried to rematch those balls up too me still was not working I have the most up to date version yes. I have attached files from my morph with and without it and that my problem is the huge difference in the face, the nose is completely different the top lip is smaller and over all it’s more lumpy. (You can see differences better when you pan back and forth) I even had a friend of mine try it and It would still do this. Is there a way to fix or should I just redo the preset?
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#421 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 7:23 PM
I did slightly morph the head in this one because I thought it would fix it, I should have disclaimed because I forgot to keep a save where it was not messed with as for the ankles after you had mentioned it I went back into blender and tried to rematch those balls up too me still was not working I have the most up to date version yes. I have attached files from my morph with and without it and that my problem is the huge difference in the face, the nose is completely different the top lip is smaller and over all it’s more lumpy. (You can see differences better when you pan back and forth) I even had a friend of mine try it and It would still do this. Is there a way to fix or should I just redo the preset?

Yes, I see there's a difference. You'll have to experiment with making the morph without changing the head or ankles and see what's causing it.

Test Subject
#422 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 7:30 PM
Yes, I see there's a difference. You'll have to experiment with making the morph without changing the head or ankles and see what's causing it.

Okay thank you!

Edit: for reference is there anything else I shouldn’t do IE like don’t touch ankles, head, hands etc..
Test Subject
#423 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 4:31 PM
Default Opening presets
Hi!
I want to open up another creator's preset to tweak it for personal use only. I have it selected in the Add/edit Cas preset tab but im not sure how to open it up in blender. Is this possible?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#424 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChosenMaddy
Hi!
I want to open up another creator's preset to tweak it for personal use only. I have it selected in the Add/edit Cas preset tab but im not sure how to open it up in blender. Is this possible?

You can try exporting a base mesh, then preview the morph for the preset or a sculpt or sim modifier and export the morphed mesh. If all goes well you should be able to modify the morphed mesh in Blender and use it as the morphed mesh in MorphMaker.

Test Subject
#425 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 11:02 PM
Hey, i've been having a problem with the thumbnails. I made a body preset and it work just fine but the thumbnail i made just refuses to show on the game. I made over 8 different thumbnails and it just not works. Can someone help with this problem ?
Page 17 of 26