Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 MorphMaker - updated to V4.5.2 on 4/19/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 4th Jun 2018 at 6:41 PM - Updated 19th Apr 2023 at 4:23 PM by CmarNYC : Update

643 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 574 Feedback Posts, 68 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 26
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#26 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hellfrozeover
Sorry if I've missed this in the tutorials, but is there a way to make a preset genetic in that if you age a sim up or down, it uses the same custom preset?

Thanks again for this I'm really enjoying creating with it!

Not that I know of. Even when I used a custom preset or slider that applies to all ages and genders it won't carry over in most cases. I saw a morph be retained sometimes when aging up in CAS but not when changing sexes or aging down. I don't know of any setting for inheritability but I'll do some more experimenting.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#27 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I did some testing with changing height with a DMap, and got some very impressive distortions in the sim's hands and arms. The previews look fine so I don't think it's the actual morph. Possibly changing the mesh height without changing the skeleton messes up the slotrays - that's the only thing I can think of.

Anyway, could you post a picture and your package if you don't mind? Oily stains sounds bizarre.

Thanks for your reply! It was like this in preview, and the dark part on the skin will have strange reflection when I test in game, just like oil on water.

----------------------------------------------------------
A suggestion for further updates:
It appears that when the program is completing DMaps, and if the current window is not the program window, the DMap file assignment window will not show up and the program will crash.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#28 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 2:13 AM
That's certainly weird! Looks kind of like the normals are messed up. Without seeing the actual data and the base/morph meshes you used I can't guess why.

I've tried going to a different tab in MorphMaker, minimizing the program while the DMap creation is running, and doing something else on the computer but the file assignment window pops up fine. Possibly this is a Windows problem or it's running out of memory. Is there an error message when it crashes?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#29 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 2:23 AM
That's certainly weird! Looks kind of like the normals are messed up. Without seeing the actual data and the base/morph meshes you used I can't guess why.

I've tried going to a different tab in MorphMaker, minimizing the program while the DMap creation is running, and doing something else on the computer but the file assignment window pops up fine. Possibly this is a Windows problem or it's running out of memory. Is there an error message when it crashes?

I created the mesh with blender-----just simply elongate the mesh around the ankle, guess it will be tons of skeleton works for a fine leg-body ratio morph.
Original Poster
#30 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 2:44 AM
My computer is Win 10 so I doubt that's the problem. In Blender did you use the recommended export settings? Did you use the 'Tight Boundaries' option in MorphMaker? I've found a bug in that - did you get a little pop up saying index outside the bounds of the array?

Test Subject
#31 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 3:25 AM
My computer is Win 10 so I doubt that's the problem. In Blender did you use the recommended export settings? Did you use the 'Tight Boundaries' option in MorphMaker? I've found a bug in that - did you get a little pop up saying index outside the bounds of the array?

Totally followed the instruction. If the mesh isn't right, it will immediately pop up index limit message. Anyway doesn't matter, it usually takes 4 min to generate DMap on my computer so it's quite a minor problem.

But I still hoping for a decent leg-body ratio slider like sims 3
Mad Poster
#32 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 12:12 PM
How do you get custom thumbnails to work? I'm editing Luumia's ear presets for my own personal use. I prefer to have Maxis-matching icons in CAS.
I have deleted the existing thumbnails from the package with MorphMaker. Then I ran the game so that Maxis thumbnails were generated. Then I exported all of those thumbnails from MorphMaker and added a little symbol to identify them as CC and imported them back. Then I saved the edited package as a new package and removed the original from my Mods folder. I deleted my thumbnail cache and then ran the game. The custom icons I made are not being used and the game just generates new ones again.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#33 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
How do you get custom thumbnails to work? I'm editing Luumia's ear presets for my own personal use. I prefer to have Maxis-matching icons in CAS.
I have deleted the existing thumbnails from the package with MorphMaker. Then I ran the game so that Maxis thumbnails were generated. Then I exported all of those thumbnails from MorphMaker and added a little symbol to identify them as CC and imported them back. Then I saved the edited package as a new package and removed the original from my Mods folder. I deleted my thumbnail cache and then ran the game. The custom icons I made are not being used and the game just generates new ones again.

I tried following the steps you describe and it worked fine, the new custom thumbs showed up. About all I can suggest is to double-check everything - maybe look inside the package with s4pe and make sure the new thumbs are there. If you want to upload your edited package I'll take a look.

Mad Poster
#34 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 6:10 PM
I tried following the steps you describe and it worked fine, the new custom thumbs showed up. About all I can suggest is to double-check everything - maybe look inside the package with s4pe and make sure the new thumbs are there. If you want to upload your edited package I'll take a look.

Would it be okay if I PM'd the packages to you seeing as they are personal edits of Luumia's ears?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#35 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 9:42 PM
Hi Cmar, could you tell me is it possible edit EA presets of the face? I can clone the preset, export and change obj files, but can I import it in morth maker? Sorry for my english
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#36 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dobro
Hi Cmar, could you tell me is it possible edit EA presets of the face? I can clone the preset, export and change obj files, but can I import it in morth maker? Sorry for my english

It should be possible but could be a lot of work depending on what you want to do. Most of the EA presets have a sculpt and a lot of modifiers and you'd have to clone the ones you want to change, export the BGEO or DMaps, load them into the Previewer tab, export the ms3d or obj, modify it, and make a new BGEO or DMap and replace the EA one. This could be simple if all you want to change is the sculpt.

However, right now a head mesh exported from the Previewer will not work as the morph mesh for making a BGEO. That'll be fixed in the next version.

You can also change the weights of the Sim Modifiers if that will do what you want.

Something I can also put on my list for the next version is to add the ability to export a mesh from the the quick preview for a preset, with the complete preset morph. Then you could modify that obj and make a new sculpt or modifier for a new or default replacement preset.

A new version should be ready very soon.

Test Subject
#37 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 1:07 AM
It should be possible but could be a lot of work depending on what you want to do. Most of the EA presets have a sculpt and a lot of modifiers and you'd have to clone the ones you want to change, export the BGEO or DMaps, load them into the Previewer tab, export the ms3d or obj, modify it, and make a new BGEO or DMap and replace the EA one. This could be simple if all you want to change is the sculpt.

However, right now a head mesh exported from the Previewer will not work as the morph mesh for making a BGEO. That'll be fixed in the next version.

You can also change the weights of the Sim Modifiers if that will do what you want.

Something I can also put on my list for the next version is to add the ability to export a mesh from the the quick preview for a preset, with the complete preset morph. Then you could modify that obj and make a new sculpt or modifier for a new or default replacement preset.

A new version should be ready very soon.

This is EXACTLY what I wanted!!! You are the savior of sims community, can't wait for the next version!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 4:46 AM
Can you make a similiar program for sims 3, too? This is just so great!
Tartan McBadgerface
#39 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 9:38 AM
Not that I know of. Even when I used a custom preset or slider that applies to all ages and genders it won't carry over in most cases. I saw a morph be retained sometimes when aging up in CAS but not when changing sexes or aging down. I don't know of any setting for inheritability but I'll do some more experimenting.

Thanks for letting me know I'll play about with things too and if I have any success I'll let you know how I managed it.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#40 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 10:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marisa220690
Can you make a similiar program for sims 3, too? This is just so great!

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=387348

It's not as complete but it'll make sliders.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 7:40 PM
I'm at a loss, is there a video tutorial for this yet?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#42 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hellfrozeover
Thanks for letting me know I'll play about with things too and if I have any success I'll let you know how I managed it.

After some experimentation: If it's a single preset for all ages, if applied to a toddler it disappears in the child age and reappears for teen and up. The EA sliders do the same thing for many morphs so I guess that's just the way it is. I tried a preset with separate sculpts for different age/genders once and it seemed to work, but that needs more testing. If those work reliably maybe users can set the preset for child and toddler/adult by aging up and down in CAS and get a genetic effect in-game.

Test Subject
#43 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 9:58 PM
I have noticed, that when I created presets for full body, I can't see preview in cas and then I choose my custom preset, I can't choose EA preset anymore. Is there something to do with this?)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#44 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 11:28 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 7th Jun 2018 at 11:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by dobro
I have noticed, that when I created presets for full body, I can't see preview in cas and then I choose my custom preset, I can't choose EA preset anymore. Is there something to do with this?)

Please upload your package so I can take a look.

Edit: If you have your morph as a sculpt you won't be able to get rid of it and use an EA preset, if that's what your problem is. For the body you'll have to use modifiers instead. For the face this doesn't seem to happen but I haven't tested every part.

Test Subject
#45 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 1:46 AM
Please upload your package so I can take a look.

Edit: If you have your morph as a sculpt you won't be able to get rid of it and use an EA preset, if that's what your problem is. For the body you'll have to use modifiers instead. For the face this doesn't seem to happen but I haven't tested every part.

Yes, it is a sculpt, but I guess I found the way how to fix it! I've created another one preset for the body, and when I chose it, body has changed, so I think I just can create a CC with EA preset and use it when I want. Need to check it out. And preview still not showing up( I'll give you package when I'll try thing with EA preset
Test Subject
#46 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 2:04 PM Last edited by Itlol : 8th Jun 2018 at 2:51 PM.
Trying to make a deformermap, but it seems that any obj file I export from blender to morphmaker, the program runs into an error "Index was outside the bounds of the array." I verified this by using an imported obj base file to blender then exported it back for testing.
EDIT:
I tried it with ms3d based on your tutorial, and it seems to work. If it helps, the error message pops up before the status message "processing skintight data" shows up.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#47 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Itlol
Trying to make a deformermap, but it seems that any obj file I export from blender to morphmaker, the program runs into an error "Index was outside the bounds of the array." I verified this by using an imported obj base file to blender then exported it back for testing.
EDIT:
I tried it with ms3d based on your tutorial, and it seems to work. If it helps, the error message pops up before the status message "processing skintight data" shows up.

Did you use the export settings for Blender given in the slider/DMap tutorial? What are you trying to do? Based on your mentioning using ms3d which is only used for head BGEOs, did you export a head from the BGEO tab and try to make a DMap with it? That won't work, you have to use a mesh exported from the DMap tab to make a DMap.

If that doesn't help, please upload your base and morph meshes.

Test Subject
#48 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 5:12 AM
Did you use the export settings for Blender given in the slider/DMap tutorial? What are you trying to do? Based on your mentioning using ms3d which is only used for head BGEOs, did you export a head from the BGEO tab and try to make a DMap with it? That won't work, you have to use a mesh exported from the DMap tab to make a DMap.

If that doesn't help, please upload your base and morph meshes.

I think I missed that.
Note: If using Blender you should export with the options: Write Normals, Include UVs, Keep Vertex Order

Yep, I did miss it.
Test Subject
#49 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 11:40 AM
Default follow-up
So I went back and tried the blender settings, and it exported well thank you for pointing out something I missed.
Although I hate to trouble you again, but

I've been getting this weird deformity around the pupils and the mouth. The pupils move slightly toward the center, and the mouth looks like it opens. I'm only editing the body, though. Through some blender effects, I tried fixing my modified mesh by means of converting the modified as a shape key, applying blend from shape for the face and unticking add so that it clears any modification of the face from the base, and duplicates the shape key as a separate mesh and exported it. Still getting the bug though.

While it is slightly a minor problem, it bothers me. I'll try to counter the effect by modifying the modified mesh and see what happens.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#50 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 12:16 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 9th Jun 2018 at 12:41 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Itlol
So I went back and tried the blender settings, and it exported well thank you for pointing out something I missed.
Although I hate to trouble you again, but

I've been getting this weird deformity around the pupils and the mouth. The pupils move slightly toward the center, and the mouth looks like it opens. I'm only editing the body, though. Through some blender effects, I tried fixing my modified mesh by means of converting the modified as a shape key, applying blend from shape for the face and unticking add so that it clears any modification of the face from the base, and duplicates the shape key as a separate mesh and exported it. Still getting the bug though.

While it is slightly a minor problem, it bothers me. I'll try to counter the effect by modifying the modified mesh and see what happens.

Are you trying to morph the fingers or ankles? As it says in the notes at the end of the tutorial, DMap changes to the fingers are likely to smear onto the eyeballs, teeth, and tongue because they're so close together in the uv1. A bone morph should be used instead. Looking at the map again, the eyeballs are very close to the backs of the ankles too and I'm updating the tutorial to mention them.

If that's not it, please upload your base and morph meshes so I can take a look.

Page 2 of 26