Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More Decorative Slots for Maxis Furniture - Dressers, Desks, End Tables, Coffee Tables, Vanity and more (Updated 2008/11/10, Seasons Country Sink and Toilet were added)

by Lord Darcy Posted 28th Jul 2008 at 6:39 PM - Updated 15th Jan 2011 at 1:07 AM by Lord Darcy : v1.05: Seasons Country Sink and Toilet were added.

207 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 86 Feedback Posts, 120 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 9
Mad Poster
#26 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 2:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord Darcy
D'oh! I totally forgot that desk. I'll add it in the next version, thanks for reminding me!

Can you also add these kind of slots to the fridges and maybe do something about the kitchen counters, so that sims can still use them for cooking or placing food even if there is some decorative object on them? Thank you for all the hard work that went into making this hack in the first place. Works great in my game.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
Can you also add these kind of slots to the fridges and maybe do something about the kitchen counters, so that sims can still use them for cooking or placing food even if there is some decorative object on them?

I intentionally left out functional objects which are frequently updated by new EPs, like electronics or appliances. Outdated mods which override CRES can make the game crash HARD.

As for kitchen counters, they already come with built-in 2 decorative slots, though their usefulness is limited.

Counters have "standard" height (1.0), so counter OMSPs work well for them. They are more flexible than built-in slots with fixed position.
In any case, tinkering with counter CRES may conflict with Numenor's SEP, which is far more essential than useless deco slots.
Screenshots

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator THANKS POST
#28 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord Darcy
I use Windoze, and the M shortcut doesn't work for me in my base game Anygame either.

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't even know that shortcut until now!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 12:26 AM
Words cannot describe how much I love this modification. *cowtows before the greatness*
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#30 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 12:35 AM
Finally! I've been waiting for these for FOREVER! Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#31 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 8:49 AM
Wonderful! Thanks so much!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#32 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 9:24 AM
I bow at your feet :lovestruc ....THANKYOU
Inventor
#33 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 9:48 AM
This is amazing. I love OMSP but it gets a bit annoying having to use cheats and so many OMSP all the time to get the desired effects, so these MDS's (my own little abbreviation) are perfect for the lazy decorators out there like me lol. Plus it means I can put things where the OMSP couldn't quite reach :D

~R.I.P Tibbs. You will be truely missed~

|MTS2|DeviantArt|
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#34 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 10:13 AM
I already picked this up at MATY, but thanks again! *gleefully plays with her clutter* >_>
Field Researcher
#35 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 10:16 AM
Again you’ve outdone yourself, thanks, brilliant hack. I have AnoeskaB’s more functional, do you know if this mod conflicts with he rmore functional easel mod or is it just the dressers . Thanks for this again and remember great minds think alike that’s why you and AnoeskaB had the idea at the same time, pity EA didn’t
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 10:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rorsdors
I have AnoeskaB’s more functional, do you know if this mod conflicts with he rmore functional easel mod or is it just the dressers .

I don't have the easel mod, but this mod will not conflict with it, as it has nothing to do with easels.
All dressers/armoires (except for Seasons coat rack), desks and vanity tables will surely conflict.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 10:47 AM
just got one fun idea the owen can have one slot inside :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 11:43 AM
Wonderfull job!!! OMSPs were usefull, but now you save our time and nerve when we look for place some clutter and don't try the good OMSP. I like all your inventive mods in this site and other ones, to corrige Maxis defauld. I have a request, would you expend this mod for Bookcases, pianos, fireplace, fidges and baywindows. please. Oh yes I know but you are just the good person for that.
"Mille merci à vous" Without you and this site my game will not be interresting!
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 11:52 AM
This is great, thanks!!
... where did you get that miniature easel? (3rd/last pic)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#40 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 1:45 PM
:lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc I love you. Thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#41 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 2:46 PM
How in the heck did I miss this? Oh right I keep forgetting that at MATY you aren't in peasantry anymore cuz you're too good for the peasants now lol. *Reminds self to go to Darcyland moar often* As usual LD you are fantastic! Thank you so much.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by revedefleur
would you expend this mod for Bookcases, pianos, fireplace, fidges and baywindows. please

I already said that I left out functional objects for safety reason.
Fireplaces and bay windows already have 3 decorative slots in stock game. Use netmicro's awesome Decoration Transformer to put all small objects on those slots.

Quote: Originally posted by Marcella17
... where did you get that miniature easel? (3rd/last pic)

It's from IKEA stuff pack.

Inventor
#43 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 4:56 PM
I just got all of AnoeskaB's mods yesterday and they made my game crash will entering CAS so hopefully I will have better luck with yours.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#44 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 5:14 PM
Huzzah! It has bugged me for many a moon that I couldn't place items on glaringly empty flat surfaces.
Simply saying thank you and hitting the thanks button seems so inadequate.
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#45 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 5:45 PM
Can you also add these kind of slots to the fridges and maybe do something about the kitchen counters, so that sims can still use them for cooking or placing food even if there is some decorative object on them?
===================
There are two deco slots as mentioned above, if you want to make decorative object placable on these slots you should open it in SimPE and edit the BHAV Init
Needed string is Expression (paste into pop up raw entry box ",," button on the right) 04008B400009031A0000000000000000

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 6:09 PM
Whoo! More surfaces to clutter, thank you :x :x :x
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 6:49 PM
There's another benefit over Anoeska's mods - I just pulled those folders out in favor of trying these, and cleared 5MB out of my downloads. Anoeska's have always worked fine in my game, but 80K > 5MB to me, any day.

Thank you/baaaa!!
Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 6:49 PM Last edited by fway : 1st Aug 2008 at 7:11 PM.
This freaking OWNS! Thank you so much. This is probably the next step up from OMSPs :-D

I would also like to report before I install this mod, that I had put the Ant Farm from Freetime on the IKEA dresser, and it appears that the animations are a bit off when sims are playing with it. Their hands go through the dresser and the animation looks weird. Will this mod fix the animation problem?

Also, were you thinking about making slots for the OFB craft benches or even the FreeTime sewing machine? I realize that the pottery wheel would be too small.

Instructor
THANKS POST
#49 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 7:37 PM
Coming out of lurkdom to say Thanks so much. More cluttering is possible in my simmies homes.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#50 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 8:12 PM
Great idea! There's so much pretty stuff and my sims keep wanting to buy clutter when I have way too few surfaces. Thanks so much for making this.
Page 2 of 9