Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More CAS Traits Mod (For Sims, Horses, & Pets!)

by chingyu1023 Posted 15th Mar 2017 at 11:54 AM - Updated 12th Dec 2023 at 3:05 PM by chingyu1023 : Updated for patch 1.103

551 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 363 Feedback Posts, 187 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 22 of 23
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#526 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 11:19 PM
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#527 Old 12th Aug 2021 at 11:43 AM
Thank you for this mod! :D
Test Subject
#528 Old 17th Aug 2021 at 11:33 PM
The mod needs to be updated, traits do not have names in CAS and when getting to know sims in-game, the notification text is blue.
Test Subject
#529 Old 22nd Aug 2021 at 7:10 PM
This looks neat since I think 3 traits is just too limiting. This is why I prefer Sims 3 in this matter.
Does it work automatically for age up? That'll be very helpful!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#530 Old 25th Aug 2021 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WolfKid3017
The mod needs to be updated, traits do not have names in CAS and when getting to know sims in-game, the notification text is blue.

This has already been updated in AddTraitsMenu.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#531 Old 25th Aug 2021 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlphaIsTimZ
This looks neat since I think 3 traits is just too limiting. This is why I prefer Sims 3 in this matter.
Does it work automatically for age up? That'll be very helpful!

Yes, this works automatically for age up.
Test Subject
#532 Old 30th Aug 2021 at 9:21 PM
It's not working for me either.
I put "AddTraitsMenu" and "MoreTraitsMod_Option_10" in the mod folder.
All I have in Action is Form Group.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#533 Old 2nd Sep 2021 at 9:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Banjin
It's not working for me either.
I put "AddTraitsMenu" and "MoreTraitsMod_Option_10" in the mod folder.
All I have in Action is Form Group.

You need to extract the zip.

Do you try these steps:
Troubleshooting
Step 1: Check if your game is patched up to the newest version.
Step 2: Check if the "Enable Custom Content and Mods" and "Script Mods Allowed" are ON in Game Options. (You need to re-enable it after a game patch!)
Step 3: Does the mod's name appear on the list of mods running shown the game startup? No? Did you extract the zip file and put Package + Script together only ONE folder deep or directly into your Mod Folder?
Step 4: Did you remove any outdated versions of mods from the Mod folder? Did you download any of the conflicting mods stated?
Step 5: Check other FAQs https://sites.google.com/view/vickysims/faq
Test Subject
#534 Old 11th Sep 2021 at 8:09 PM
I get the same issue as well yet I cannot see what is wrong. All other mods (ex. more ambitions) work as they should. I THINK I have it set up right:

Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 4/Mods folder contains from this mod:
-chingyu_AddTraitsMenu.package
-chingyu_AddTraitsMenu.ts4script
-chingyu_LongLivedTraits.package
-chingqu_MoreTraitsMod_Option_3.package

I don't really care for more traits for pets so I opted out of any additional for them and thus also the "remove human traits for pets" option. I have tried with this enabled and it does not change anything.

Should those extracted files work if placed all directly in the /Mods folder? They are all detected by the game on startup and in the "custom content" menu.

If this looks as it should then it is probably some other issue and I will have to try other means of dealing with this.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#535 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 12:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DoctorVerum
I get the same issue as well yet I cannot see what is wrong. All other mods (ex. more ambitions) work as they should. I THINK I have it set up right:

Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 4/Mods folder contains from this mod:
-chingyu_AddTraitsMenu.package
-chingyu_AddTraitsMenu.ts4script
-chingyu_LongLivedTraits.package
-chingqu_MoreTraitsMod_Option_3.package

I don't really care for more traits for pets so I opted out of any additional for them and thus also the "remove human traits for pets" option. I have tried with this enabled and it does not change anything.

Should those extracted files work if placed all directly in the /Mods folder? They are all detected by the game on startup and in the "custom content" menu.

If this looks as it should then it is probably some other issue and I will have to try other means of dealing with this.

Any of my mods with scripts should be only ONE folder deep or put directly in your Mod Folder. Any of the other mods e.g. traits should be FIVE or fewer folders deep in your Mod Folder.
Check if the "Enable Custom Content and Mods" and "Script Mods Allowed" are ON in Game Options too. (You need to re-enable it after a game patch!)
Test Subject
#536 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 6:23 PM
I love this mod, but I've noticed that since the game added Likes and Dislikes it's really hard to locate things in the 'Add Traits (Uncategorized)' menu since it's all jumbled up. Any chance we could reorganize them all alphabetically to make searching easier?
Test Subject
#537 Old 13th Dec 2021 at 8:43 AM Last edited by Bradhl55 : 13th Dec 2021 at 9:19 AM.
i do not like how you changed the add traits menu it used to be alphabetical now it is in sections and none of the stuff at the top i even use half the time and i feel you have traits jumbled all over the place i use to like adding traits now i cannot stand adding them anymore because of how u changed it fix it and put it back to way it used to be. i wish u still had the AddTraitsInRegularMenuMod i cannot stand or use the version u have now bring back the other version for people like me that cant stand how u changed it seeing this is not really your work but embyr 311's work
Test Subject
#538 Old 16th Dec 2021 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chingyu1023
This has already been updated in AddTraitsMenu.

I still can't see the names tho , what should I do?
Test Subject
#539 Old 22nd Jan 2022 at 9:00 PM
Default Traits not showing in menu
I managed to get the Survivor and Lasting traits to show in the Create a Sim menu, but none of those other traits listed show up no matter how much I fiddle with it. I looked in the Trait menu and in the rewards traits menu and can't get them to show up in-game.
Test Subject
#540 Old 8th Feb 2022 at 7:00 PM
It's working... It's updated for patch 1.77.

Is it still working in 2022? I tried putting it in my game but the traits don't show up correctly.
Test Subject
#541 Old 4th Mar 2022 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anxiousreaperess
I managed to get the Survivor and Lasting traits to show in the Create a Sim menu, but none of those other traits listed show up no matter how much I fiddle with it. I looked in the Trait menu and in the rewards traits menu and can't get them to show up in-game.

I have the same problem. I am seeing all the files at startup when the window opens with all mods i have installed. I had it in .../Mods/Traits but since it didn't work i tried just putting it in .../Mods . It still doesn't work. I looked and I am on the latest patch at the date of this post and it says it is compatible to this version.
Weird is that I also see the Survivor and Lasting traits but I just don't have more than 3 traits to pick.
I did only put one of the option files in (nr. 28) as it said.
Hopes this helps in finding the problem
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#542 Old 27th Apr 2022 at 4:10 PM
Patch 1.87
Changelog Apr 27, 2022:
AddTraitsMenu:
Updated to make it available in editing wild fox in Cottage Living. I figured it would be useful if you got a messed up generated fox that has weird posture or visual effects.
Updated to prioritize the cheats in Action
Removed the edited list order of the menu because it is no longer needed when there are now pickers for each trait type in my More Cheats Menu.
Updated Polish translation for AddTraitsMenu by livi for missing lines
No updates for MoreTraitsMod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#543 Old 2nd May 2022 at 11:57 AM
Thanks! I FINd it ridiculous we only have three traits when In sims 3 we had five.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#544 Old 10th Jun 2022 at 6:34 AM
One of my favorite, must-have mods. thank you
Test Subject
#545 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 8:32 PM
Hi I have your 2019 version of More Traits Mod (yeah I don't keep up to date with this stuff). Before I decide to download the newest version and remove the old one, will it default the personalities of my sims and make me have to add them all over again, or will they still keep those traits? I'm sort of a novice with mods and just want to double-check.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#546 Old 24th Jun 2022 at 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by childishhell
Hi I have your 2019 version of More Traits Mod (yeah I don't keep up to date with this stuff). Before I decide to download the newest version and remove the old one, will it default the personalities of my sims and make me have to add them all over again, or will they still keep those traits? I'm sort of a novice with mods and just want to double-check.

They will keep those traits.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#547 Old 6th Jul 2022 at 10:31 PM
Thanks for making this mod! Changes our lives forever!
Test Subject
#548 Old 15th Mar 2023 at 11:19 AM
Hello!
Wanted to let you know I love this mod, and I use it in my every day play.
Sadly, with the infant update it broke, and I was wondering if you were willing/able to update it so it can be used again?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#549 Old 19th Mar 2023 at 6:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mellchiril
Hello!
Wanted to let you know I love this mod, and I use it in my every day play.
Sadly, with the infant update it broke, and I was wondering if you were willing/able to update it so it can be used again?

I now update my mods on my Patreon (free) and CurseForge. This mod has already been updated for the recent patch on my Patreon (free).
Test Subject
#550 Old 19th Mar 2023 at 12:11 PM
I now update my mods on my Patreon (free) and CurseForge. This mod has already been updated for the recent patch on my Patreon (free).

Oh shi- err... did not realize that you had a patreon, I shall be right over! Thanks for responding, I would not have figured this out on my own because I'm a dum dumb haha
Page 22 of 23