Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Nov 2021 at 6:45 PM
Default Full Body Outfit (Casual) For Adult Male?
So, I opened a business for a sim to sell things they've sewn, more so the clothes cause that's fun. However, I think I can only sew full body outfit it seems, it's easy to find female full body clothes that is cute, however I'm finding it hard to find male full body outfit? If there's any full body male outfit that seems casual around, can anyone link them for me?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Nov 2021 at 8:10 PM
It's hard to know what kind of outfits you're really looking for, but here is a fairly random selection of full body outfits that are on sale in menswear shops in our Veronaville. Tell me if any of these are to your taste (or, more importantly, the taste of your male Sims), and I'll try to find a link to the item(s) you fancy.

Yes, I know, a lot of the things my Sims and I like, are not the sort of clothes you'd expect to find on Anytown High Street!

Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Nov 2021 at 8:53 PM
Have you tried the downloads section here at MTS? Lots of fullbody outfits. Sort after clothing/male/everyday/adult, and you'll get a decent selection to start with (77 pages, although some are probably tops/bottoms).

If you're after some particular type of clothes like maxis-match, more realistic clothes, or a particular style, then that's a bit more helpful in which direction to point you toward.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Nov 2021 at 4:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Have you tried the downloads section here at MTS? Lots of fullbody outfits. Sort after clothing/male/everyday/adult, and you'll get a decent selection to start with (77 pages, although some are probably tops/bottoms).

If you're after some particular type of clothes like maxis-match, more realistic clothes, or a particular style, then that's a bit more helpful in which direction to point you toward.

Yeah, looking through them, a lot more full outfits for adults seem to be older, I'm not sure how safe/compatible it would be to use them, though I will try them.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 12th Nov 2021 at 5:44 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 12th Nov 2021 at 6:00 AM.
Clothes are compatible with your game as long as they don't require an EP/SP you don't have (usually only a problem with repo'd or recolored clothes). If you have all EPs/SPs, you can use any you want. Some may require meshes from older sites, but if you stick to those that have meshes included, use ingame meshes, or use meshes from available sites, you'll be good.

Older downloads don't always mean they're worse. A lot of the older ones have a more decent polycount and look quite alright.

Not sure if All-About-Style (AAS) is still up (I don't think so), but there used to be a lot of nice outfits there as well, quite a lot of them fullbody. There's a link here to an archive for the files, and there's one for the male clothes: https://simfileshare.net/folder/39557/ (unfortunately there aren't pictures)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 12th Nov 2021 at 7:16 AM
Fanseelamb has some nice outifts for men, still looking good in the game too.
AAS can be found via the wayback machine - I downloaded some outfits for elder males from there a couple of days ago.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Nov 2021 at 10:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Fanseelamb has some nice outifts for men, still looking good in the game too.
AAS can be found via the wayback machine - I downloaded some outfits for elder males from there a couple of days ago.

Oh what's the link to AAS?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 12th Nov 2021 at 10:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
It's hard to know what kind of outfits you're really looking for, but here is a fairly random selection of full body outfits that are on sale in menswear shops in our Veronaville. Tell me if any of these are to your taste (or, more importantly, the taste of your male Sims), and I'll try to find a link to the item(s) you fancy.

Yes, I know, a lot of the things my Sims and I like, are not the sort of clothes you'd expect to find on Anytown High Street!

I have a couple of those. The naked waiter outfit (but with bare feet) and the sexy lingerie. I don't suppose you have a top only version of the outfits on the far right?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 12th Nov 2021 at 10:58 AM
Mad Poster
#10 Old 13th Nov 2021 at 1:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I have a couple of those. The naked waiter outfit (but with bare feet) and the sexy lingerie. I don't suppose you have a top only version of the outfits on the far right?
I'm not surprised; I know your Sims have got good taste when it comes to clothes! Oh! It took me all day to find where I got that outfit from. It's by July77 on XM Sims. Here are all the outfits I had by July77:

The one in the middle is the one you were asking about. It took me a bit of detective work to find out where I got them from. It seemed that I downloaded them all in the space of a few minutes in an August morning in 2014, along with a variety of other clothing files. A 2012-2016 discussion about July77 as a creator finished with a link to XM Sims, although some other useful links had been deleted. A little searching on XMSims found the clothes I had downloaded. They are here on pages 32 and 33 of the Simmer Valley tab. I have just added two more July77 outfits to the to my game. They are the ones at the top of page 32 on XM Sims, they feature a long full length cloak that divides into something like the chaps that cowboys used to wear (and that Christine Aguilera wore in a pop video a year or two ago). These all include meshes (3 different meshes), but unfortunately they're all full body meshes. That 2012-2016 thread that I mentioned includes pictures that used a nude mesh, but no link to the mesh itself. But I think, Charity, you have the meshing skills to make a top-only mesh from the full-body one.

By the way I've added all eight of those fine gentlemen in my post #2 above to my game. So, while you may not see those clothes on Anytown High Street, you may well spot Sims wearing them in the Via Veronaville!
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 13th Nov 2021 at 9:24 PM
https://web.archive.org/web/2017120...com/senior.html

This is the link I used - sorry, I had to go and search for it - it does take me to a different page than your link, @simsample - with more stuff, I think (not going to try to figure out the reasons, just thought I'd post this one as well).
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 13th Nov 2021 at 9:47 PM
Ooh yes- your link is from a later date @Justpetro
Mad Poster
#13 Old 13th Nov 2021 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Ooh yes- your link is from a later date @Justpetro

I did not even thought of that Thanks for helping too