Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 4:52 PM
Default Functional wall clocks for community lots?
I once used Boblishman's wall clocks for my classrooms in Hawkins Middle School in my Stranger Things hood, which looked and worked great, as your basic, no-frills school clocks go. Unfortunately, in order to get them, I had to change my lot zoning to residential, then switch it back after I was done building (the finished school basically functioned as a shopping mall; the cafeteria was the "food court"). Subsequently, I had some issues on other lots due to a lot of zone switching, so I'm a little reluctant to go that route again. Having said that, the lots I had problems with had people living on them, which in hindsight, I'm sure was the problem. If I switch a community lot to residential and back, WITHOUT moving any residents onto said lot, should I be safe?

Either way, some nice-looking, functional wall clocks that'll show up in the Buy Mode on community lots would be nice. Right now, I can get the alarm clocks, but that's about it. Any ideas of community clocks, other than the gigantic outdoor "Big Ben" ones? I do like those, and also the sidewalk clocks-on-a-pole, but not for this purpose; I just want a clock I can put on the wall of my bar, without having to "bribe the alderman to obtain a zoning variance". Sorry... I'm from Chicago.

Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 6:17 PM
I don't have any specific recommendations, but if you want to make CC clocks (or any other object) available on community lots, it's fairly simple, jut a matter of editing one number in SimPE: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=95838

About your question on switching lot zoning, as long as your lot has not been visited by sims, it is safe to rezone it. I do it all the time to get some objects that are not available otherwise. Dont do this with occupied lots though
Meet Me In My Next Life
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 11:16 PM
@chitownriverscum I use this functional Town Clock on all my communities lots it work perfect and it keep the correct time here the links
https://modthesims.info/download.ph...=1&goto=newpost read what it said there

Also more recolors here https://modthesims.info/d/591544/la...unge-faces.html

I hope this will help you and some way.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Nov 2021 at 3:17 PM
Yes, those are the ones I refer to as: "Big Ben" sized clocks... good for the towers on Westminster Palace; a bit much on the wall of the corner tavern next to the Coors Light sign. Thanks for the thought, though.

Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
@chitownriverscum I use this functional Town Clock on all my communities lots it work perfect and it keep the correct time here the links
https://modthesims.info/download.ph...=1&goto=newpost read what it said there

Also more recolors here https://modthesims.info/d/591544/la...unge-faces.html

I hope this will help you and some way.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Nov 2021 at 3:32 PM
I forgot to say, I play on a Mac, so SimPE isn't really much of an option for me... I DO have a clunky old HP mini laptop that I suppose I could break out, just for SimPE purposes. (I'd have to do a lot of emailing files back and forth to myself, but it's a possibility). But I think in the meantime I'll just stick to the "zoning variance" method, and just try to think in advance of everything I'd need to acquire. Does it matter if Sims have been on the lot AT ALL, or just if they've occupied it while it was zoned residential? Unfortunately, there's a cook, a host and a waiter who have already been working on this particular community lot, but I don't know if they count, as they're NPCs. I will wait on your answer before I take further action... if it's too late, then so be it.

Quote: Originally posted by Monsieur_Oshima
I don't have any specific recommendations, but if you want to make CC clocks (or any other object) available on community lots, it's fairly simple, jut a matter of editing one number in SimPE: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=95838

About your question on switching lot zoning, as long as your lot has not been visited by sims, it is safe to rezone it. I do it all the time to get some objects that are not available otherwise. Dont do this with occupied lots though
Field Researcher
#6 Old 23rd Nov 2021 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chitownriverscum
Does it matter if Sims have been on the lot AT ALL, or just if they've occupied it while it was zoned residential? Unfortunately, there's a cook, a host and a waiter who have already been working on this particular community lot, but I don't know if they count, as they're NPCs. I will wait on your answer before I take further action... if it's too late, then so be it.

To be honest I don't know much more about it, it should not be game breaking as long as you don't intend to share this lot or install it in another neighborhood, you may end up generating more NPCs than needed I guess. But I'm no expert when it comes to how the game works exactly (or fails at working properly)
Theorist
#7 Old 23rd Nov 2021 at 10:27 PM
Sorry for butting in, I don't have a mac, but I'm pretty sure 'The Official Fighting Llama Wall Clock' from FreeTime works on community lots, have you tried that? I know there is quite a few recolours of that clock around as well. If it works you could try looking for clocks cloned from it, they should also work on community lots.

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Field Researcher
#8 Old 23rd Nov 2021 at 11:45 PM
Freetime was never ported to the mac
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 6:22 AM
I'll give it a shot; thanks, Michelle.

The only results for that search were in fact your recolors of the original, and only for FreeTime.

Quote: Originally posted by Michelle
Sorry for butting in, I don't have a mac, but I'm pretty sure 'The Official Fighting Llama Wall Clock' from FreeTime works on community lots, have you tried that? I know there is quite a few recolours of that clock around as well. If it works you could try looking for clocks cloned from it, they should also work on community lots.