Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ultra Time Speed Changer - Game Time Speed Modifier

by AshenSeaced Posted 12th Jul 2018 at 11:27 AM - Updated 1st Aug 2018 at 12:16 PM by AshenSeaced : Update for 1.45.62

46 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 29 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 12:13 PM
I'll give this a try, thanks! I always feel as though my Sims never have quite enough time to fit in what I want them to be doing.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 8:25 PM
So... I'm not sure I understand. Does this mean that all actions that the Sim engages in will take less time during his day? Or does this affect the speed-up options for the player? And if it's the former (actions take less time), then how does it affect the player when they use the various speed-up options?
Test Subject
#4 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 12:10 AM
any interactions such as painting, writing, etc that are linked to the passing of sim minutes will still take the same amount of sim minutes, all you'll be changing are things keyed to realtime and the animations, such as walking.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by OmegaSwordEX
any interactions such as painting, writing, etc that are linked to the passing of sim minutes will still take the same amount of sim minutes, all you'll be changing are things keyed to realtime and the animations, such as walking.

Yeah you're right about that, those interactions like painting, writing etc which is crafting or producing ingame new items are not supposed to be changed. Even in shower it will take the animation loop for the set sim minutes it has to be but filling the needs never changed it will fill your needs like bladder, hunger, hygiene unless its energy as it fills over time, but it is faster than that so it will leave your sim hanging doing the animation loop though your needs is filled so all you have to do is immediately cancel that interaction. This works for me so yeah. By the way I'm thinking to release XML tuning along with this mod regarding those animation loops, just give me some more time collecting all those interactions as I need to work for my family too. Thanks for your concern
Forum Resident
#6 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 6:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by OmegaSwordEX

The interactions lengthen a little, you lengthen your day, but it is logical way, this script is also taken on the mc center. I have it in my game and I would never want to play without it again. It's a nice alternative to get your Sims to do a lot of things on a day. For example, a visit to the jungle, you can go to the temple, make visits, do a lot of things, you have a big day in front of you. They can do a profitable day of work and go to the museum after, the time allows it ... The speed does not act on the mobility of the Sims or others, it lengthens your day and the interactions will be shorter or longer , it's random ... I set 90, I tested a lot, it's the one that gives me more result, just find the one that suits you
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#7 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 6:25 AM
Glad to know that you have taken over this script, it is very interesting for many, it's great!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 10:44 AM
When I use this mod my game time changes wildly upon loading a new game. My save is at 11:58 PM but when I load with this mod in my folder the game changes to 11:58 AM. If I save and exit and then return to the game my clock says something entirely different. This happens on every old or new save for me. I never used the MC version for this reason. Am I doing something wrong? The mod has slowed my game clock as intended.

Come to the dark side. We have cookies.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nintai
When I use this mod my game time changes wildly upon loading a new game. My save is at 11:58 PM but when I load with this mod in my folder the game changes to 11:58 AM. If I save and exit and then return to the game my clock says something entirely different. This happens on every old or new save for me. I never used the MC version for this reason. Am I doing something wrong? The mod has slowed my game clock as intended.

It's kinda weird. I played the game for 3-5 sim days save and load the game, the time date and the calendar works perfectly. I even tried it with new and existing games, changing the value higher and lower then load the game, it absolutely works just fine it does not messing up my saved game. I also have over 10k of game mods, override mods, cas mods, build mods even buy mods. I did check for any possible errors but it throws nothing for me. I will look into it, please PM me your lastCrash.txt inside The Sims 4 folder where the save games located.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 1:25 PM
Thanks for your fast reply. Perhaps it's a problem of some kind unique to my setup. My last crash was about a year ago, and I had cleared all of the junk out of that folder on my last update. I don't have that .txt anymore. I will try and work this out on my own now that I know it's not a common issue. I think I will do a fresh install of my game and slowly introduce custom content. I have a few other weird things happening in my game. All the way back to the sims 1 this has fixed any craziness for me. If I work it out I will update you.

Come to the dark side. We have cookies.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 1:49 PM
I am having no problems at all. In my Game this mod works very well. Thank you for making something very useful.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 2:13 PM
I am having no problems at all. In my Game this mod works very well. Thank you for making something very useful.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 10:20 PM
Hi! Do we have to get rid of the line of text after the # in line 9? Or do we just leave the file as is if we want it to stay at 50? Thank you, sorry for the questions!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 2:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anobouzu
Hi! Do we have to get rid of the line of text after the # in line 9? Or do we just leave the file as is if we want it to stay at 50? Thank you, sorry for the questions!

Yeah you can get rid of that or leave it right there, its no big deal its a just a comment.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 7:13 AM
Thanks for making this!

While I personally use deaderpool's MCCC in my own game (I like to micromanage my sim worlds), I know a few people for whom this could be a great alternative. I can see this being incredibly useful for players who want more control over their game but find a mod like MCCC a bit intimidating to use or more complex than what they want to do.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 8:12 PM
Thank you alot been waiting a long time for this.
Test Subject
#17 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 8:31 PM
Strictly for use with the latest patch...does that mean the rest of us who don't yet want to update are screwed??
I struggle playing without the time mod. I'll be doing my regular thing and the day is already over having done one thing lol
So no support for patch 1.42.### whatever that one is?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 11:05 PM Last edited by AshenSeaced : 18th Jul 2018 at 11:39 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by d_carter24
Strictly for use with the latest patch...does that mean the rest of us who don't yet want to update are screwed??
I struggle playing without the time mod. I'll be doing my regular thing and the day is already over having done one thing lol
So no support for patch 1.42.### whatever that one is?

Basically the script is built with seasons, the thing is cats and dogs and season has a different date and time calculations because of the calendar or so what ever. Regarding with the compatibility, I can say yes it has 100% no support for the previous versions. So the only thing I can do is I will release a version of this mod for that game version. I will release it later.

Edit: Version 0.9 is released that supports game version 1.36.XX to 1.43.14. Happy Playing!
Test Subject
#19 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 3:37 AM
You. Are amazing <3
Test Subject
#20 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 12:21 PM
Hi! I'm on 1.44.88 and this mod seems to not work for me. Could it be due to the fact that I have MC command center installed as well?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 8:51 PM
Hi I'm facing some weird behaviors with holidays and festivals, wich, even if is stated on the popup that will be from 6:00 AM to 2:00 AM on a certain calendar day, starts the day before at for example 4:00 PM.

Could it be due to the fact that I'm playing a saved game?

Anyone else have those strange behave of the game?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wolves85
Hi I'm facing some weird behaviors with holidays and festivals, wich, even if is stated on the popup that will be from 6:00 AM to 2:00 AM on a certain calendar day, starts the day before at for example 4:00 PM.

Could it be due to the fact that I'm playing a saved game?

Anyone else have those strange behave of the game?

All I can say is that your problem is not a common issue. This mod is tested with 1.44.77 to 1.45.62 which is working fine, someone also is having trouble regarding this similarly which he is experiencing time change or time malfunction with his save games and new games. I recommend you to do a clean reinstallation of your game, this may due to the cache of the game which is totally broken.

AshenSS
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 3:42 PM
well it it the script mods periods they cause baby screen crashes guess i am forever having to restart every game just to play with mods still i rather do that then play without the time mod
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 9:19 AM
Yes! Thank you for making this mod, I missed the one by IceT and it doesn't work anymore.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 2:38 AM
Thank you! I got one version to work but when I tried the other newer version my game came up with a "Choose your season" Screen, and then it was a white screen that said move in a neighbourhood? I thought it was a game-breaking glitch, but I used the older version and it was fixed and playable and my time seems to be working great and slower! Thanks, now I can run agility trials with my sporty canines and not worry about the trials taking 2 hours, and 15 minutes instead yay!
Page 1 of 2