Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2019 at 3:19 AM
Default Why didn't EA ever release more WA worlds?
There was a story on NPR tonight about the social stratification in Teotihuacan and how the architecture tells them about the societal structure. All I could think about was how cool it would be to have a Yucatan themed WA world! We could explore the temples and be chased by angry Mayan gods or something. There could be different relics, one or two fish, avocados and sour oranges, and then like five recipes... Or what about a Thai themed world? Or even excavating the lost colony at Jamestown and the tombs and quest chain would be about figuring the mystery of what happened to the colony.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2019 at 9:24 AM
I would love to have worlds like that. I played every tomb in WA and always liked that gameplay. I wish they had done more also.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2019 at 5:30 PM
I mean, as far as I know I think it's possible to make your own using CAW?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2019 at 9:17 PM
How would they have released it though? Vacation were never priority because there wasn't really an oportunity in expansion packs, nor they wanted to sell it as downloadable world that required an EP to function.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2019 at 9:43 PM
I feel like if they'd offered downloadable WA worlds with new quests, tombs, and themes, it would've been popular. They wouldn't necessarily have to add new fish, plants, recipes, or anything. Just new game-play in a new place would've been enticement enough I think. Just imagine you had Hidden Springs where you had to quest for the springs or find out if there was anything to the rumors of elves. Half the worlds they released would've worked even better as WA worlds.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 3rd Aug 2019 at 9:52 PM
Yeah, but they never really (at all) including additions from EP into expansion packs, so there's your answer. I ain't applauding for it, but that could be reason 'prevented' so because of said protocol/constriction.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Aug 2019 at 10:57 PM
I just think that they missed out on a lot of money, is all. Plus it would be nice to eat fish tacos on the beach
Theorist
#8 Old 4th Aug 2019 at 2:17 PM
I wish they had some more interesting places. No offense to anyone from the areas represented but I would have appreciated some other regions. How cool (and educational) would if be if they had somewhere in countries we don't know a lot about? Also as fun as it is to 'go on vacation' I'm not a puzzle person and find the worlds either boring or glitchy. I suppose I need to play them more to get some surprises.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Mad Poster
#9 Old 4th Aug 2019 at 6:58 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 4th Aug 2019 at 7:08 PM.
Quick question- if you do a default replacement of the vacation worlds, how much would it break the game for each of these?

Replacement 1.) Off-lot edits to the world
Replacement 2.) Editing lots, no bulldozing
Replacement 3.) Total replacement with another world

There are definitely opportunities that call you to go collect and do stuff in these worlds, but the quests are self-contained right?

Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
I wish they had some more interesting places. No offense to anyone from the areas represented but I would have appreciated some other regions. How cool (and educational) would if be if they had somewhere in countries we don't know a lot about? Also as fun as it is to 'go on vacation' I'm not a puzzle person and find the worlds either boring or glitchy. I suppose I need to play them more to get some surprises.

Personally I would have loved a more accurate depiction of these places. I know they were specifically going for a Hollywood depiction, but some more detail would have been good.

For all its justified faults in depicting Pacific culture via gameplay (WA is still slightly better), TS4's Island Living does a good job of visually depicting the minutiae of the culture in Sulani.

Little things like the mailboxes, temples and visual effects (such as the chickens) go a long way in world building.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 4th Aug 2019 at 7:40 PM Last edited by AGuyCalledPi : 4th Aug 2019 at 7:53 PM.
EA and cultural accuracy? Get the fuck outta here, it's childish levels of stereotyping or nothing.

Now I would absolutely love to see a realistic WA-style world but there hasn't been one yet. Even most of the player-made "exotic" worlds are a big stereotypical joke.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Theorist
#11 Old 4th Aug 2019 at 9:10 PM Last edited by HCAC : 5th Aug 2019 at 6:49 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
EA and cultural accuracy? Get the fuck outta here, it's childish levels of stereotyping or nothing.

Now I would absolutely love to see a realistic WA-style world but there hasn't been one yet. Even most of the player-made "exotic" worlds are a big stereotypical joke.

les
Maybe that's why I didn't like them so much or found them boring. I'm also not a huge fan of people raiding other nations' relics.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Field Researcher
#12 Old 5th Aug 2019 at 4:29 PM
This is all from what's happened to me and may not be the results everyone else gets.

Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Replacement 1.) Off-lot edits to the world

Like if you save a lot to the bin, drop it in another world to edit and save it back to the bin, then replace the old lot with the new one? For tomb lots sometimes it's fine, sometimes it breaks parts of quests that were held on that lot. For non-tomb lots, I haven't had any problems- including turning potential vacation homes into public lots.

Quote:
Replacement 2.) Editing lots, no bulldozing

This has worked for me.

Quote:
Replacement 3.) Total replacement with another world

I haven't tried this. It should be the same process as making a default replacement of a non-vacation world. I know you can edit files with S3Pe to give it a flag for China/France/Egypt, but I have no idea if it would be possible to come up with a new flag for a vacation world that isn't one of those three locations.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 5th Aug 2019 at 4:42 PM
I think even the functionality you get with NRaas Traveler is limited. You can allow Sims to book vacations to each world but once there, I think none of the lots can be rented. A world needs to meet a bunch of requirements to function as a vacation destination for your Sims' recreation.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#14 Old 5th Aug 2019 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
Like if you save a lot to the bin, drop it in another world to edit and save it back to the bin, then replace the old lot with the new one? For tomb lots sometimes it's fine, sometimes it breaks parts of quests that were held on that lot. For non-tomb lots, I haven't had any problems- including turning potential vacation homes into public lots.

I mean more importing the world into CAW and making off-lot changes to improve the atmosphere. All versions would override the original world the same way Ellacharmed's world fixes do.

All of the edits I'm thinking of involve edits in CAW to various degrees- but I don't know if anything breaks while importing or exporting the world out of CAW.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
I think even the functionality you get with NRaas Traveler is limited. You can allow Sims to book vacations to each world but once there, I think none of the lots can be rented. A world needs to meet a bunch of requirements to function as a vacation destination for your Sims' recreation.

Eh? When did this start?

Or perhaps you meant that some requirements should be in place, not that they already are. Maybe it depends on one's definitions of vacation and recreation. But when Traveler is used to visit custom destinations, upon arrival the travel party is asked where they would like to stay (if there is no Base Camp present) and all available lots in the world are presented as choices. It is to be thought of as the cost of the lot rentals being included in the travel reservation tickets. Once in the world, the active household can then purchase and move into a vacation home of their own if they wish and they then own it permanently, with no visa requirements to satisfy like in the WA worlds. Or they can just rent and trash some otherwise unoccupied house and leave it as a mess (or cleaner than when they got there, as they wish) for the next band of travelers or the next lot's owner to deal with.

If the intent is to stay in an IP Resort, or with friends/relatives already living in that world, then the one chosen upon arrival could be a 10x10 empty lot as it would just function as a placeholder until the sims got to wherever they really wanted to be.
Scholar
#16 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 2:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Eh? When did this start?

Or perhaps you meant that some requirements should be in place, not that they already are. Maybe it depends on one's definitions of vacation and recreation. But when Traveler is used to visit custom destinations, upon arrival the travel party is asked where they would like to stay (if there is no Base Camp present) and all available lots in the world are presented as choices. It is to be thought of as the cost of the lot rentals being included in the travel reservation tickets. Once in the world, the active household can then purchase and move into a vacation home of their own if they wish and they then own it permanently, with no visa requirements to satisfy like in the WA worlds. Or they can just rent and trash some otherwise unoccupied house and leave it as a mess (or cleaner than when they got there, as they wish) for the next band of travelers or the next lot's owner to deal with.

If the intent is to stay in an IP Resort, or with friends/relatives already living in that world, then the one chosen upon arrival could be a 10x10 empty lot as it would just function as a placeholder until the sims got to wherever they really wanted to be.

hey Igazor is it possible to permanently move into a different world using Nraas traveler? Like just settle down there. I know Sims 3 has a move into different town option already resets the original town. So visiting there again will reset it. Is there a way to have the old town data and the relationships restored?

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Mad Poster
#17 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 3:56 PM Last edited by igazor : 6th Aug 2019 at 4:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by PuddingFace
hey Igazor is it possible to permanently move into a different world using Nraas traveler? Like just settle down there. I know Sims 3 has a move into different town option already resets the original town. So visiting there again will reset it. Is there a way to have the old town data and the relationships restored?

Yes, but not after a move "the EA way" has already happened. The procedure to move to a new world permanently while keeping the original hometown in play is to vacation (stay anywhere temporarily), purchase a vacation home if the sims do not already have one in that world and move into it fully, invoke Traveler's Change Hometown command (save as, quit entirely, and reload as prompted to do), and the travel party will then be residents of their new homeworld with the one they came from and its sims still connected as a foreign world. Relationships across worlds will be preserved. You can then travel back to the homeworld they came from for a visit, transition active play back to the original homeworld without traveling any sims, invite others from there over to visit your sims, and/or move others left behind into the new homeworld using a shortcut by way of MasterController's Add Sim. I currently have 16 such connected worlds going in my game and, for the 5 where "my" sims actually live and that are not WA worlds, Uni, Oasis, or strictly vacation destinations, this is how I had done it for each one.

That's the short version, more info is available here.
http://www.nraas.net/community/Trav...lds-permanently

Traveler is also supposed to protect the built-in Move to New World function that came with the IP patch so that the world being moved from and its sims do not get destroyed and remain in play, but while certainly easier that way just doesn't work as reliably as the original vacation first method.
Scholar
#18 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Yes, but not after a move "the EA way" has already happened. The procedure to move to a new world permanently while keeping the original hometown in play is to vacation (stay anywhere temporarily), purchase a vacation home if the sims do not already have one in that world and move into it fully, invoke Traveler's Change Hometown command (save as, quit entirely, and reload as prompted to do), and the travel party will then be residents of their new homeworld with the one they came from and its sims still connected as a foreign world. Relationships across worlds will be preserved. You can then travel back to the homeworld they came from for a visit, transition active play back to the original homeworld without traveling any sims, invite others from there over to visit your sims, and/or move others left behind into the new homeworld using a shortcut by way of MasterController's Add Sim. I currently have 16 such connected worlds going in my game and, for the 5 where "my" sims actually live and that are not WA worlds, Uni, Oasis, or strictly vacation destinations, this is how I had done it for each one.

That's the short version, more info is available here.
http://www.nraas.net/community/Trav...lds-permanently

Traveler is also supposed to protect the built-in Move to New World function that came with the IP patch so that the world being moved from and its sims do not get destroyed and remain in play, but while certainly easier that way just doesn't work as reliably as the original vacation first method.

Thank you

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr