Replies: 204 (Who?), Viewed: 9171 times.
Page 9 of 9
-.-- -.-- --..
retired moderator
#201 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 8:30 PM
I hope you stay safe @topp , I've seen some video footage of the areas affected by the quake, lots of injury and damage. I hope 2021 will be much better and safer!
Scholar
#202 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 9:08 PM
Thank you so much, you're very kind

DJ. who?
"What do you have to be nervous about? You're someone on the internet." -A.M.R.
Scholar
#203 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 6:50 PM
I just got an email about one of my classes that's starting in like 2 weeks and basically that entire class has been compressed to be taught in 5 days. We're like gonna die at our desks I swear. 08:00 to 19:00 with only a single 20 minute break scheduled. Teach had better give us 10 min breaks every so often because my brain really cannot pay attention to things for more than 45 mins at a time, so like the 1.5hr thing teachers have been doing is already past my limit. So like big oof
Mad Poster
#204 Old 11th Jan 2021 at 11:21 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 12th Jan 2021 at 4:30 PM.
Yesterday: Snow nearly gone, hoping the ice is not so bad, but all in all looking like the white sky cr*p was going away.

Today: Wakes up, comes upstairs, looks out the window... *swears loudly* Friggin' nearly 30 cm snow (about a foot) in one night. I had no choice but going out in all of this. Plow trucks are slow, sidewalks are even worse than the roads, and where it is plowed it's slippery because the slush/ice from the last snowfall hasn't gone completely away and everything gets trampled down to make more ice slush that freezes over. Coming home, the plow truck had made a half meter (or something like that - it went up to at least my knees) heap of snow in front of the house I had to trudge through.

Tomorrow: Possibility of more snow. If so, I'm definitely staying indoors

Maybe I'm extra pissed-off because I haven't slept very well this weekend. Had to wear some medical equipment, and it both itches (the stickers) and pokes (the wires) everywhere (only comfortable way to lie down was on my back, and I can't sleep on my back). Kept nodding off in the couch and in front of the computer, etc. all weekend. But finally got rid of it, so looking forward to a good night's sleep.

Oh, and had to get a new phone because my trusty old one half-died (still works, just not as a phone - stupid upgrades to the network...). Not too fond of the new one (the old one had functions I preferred, but it's ancient in today's standards) but I guess I'll get used to it after a while.
Top Secret Researcher
#205 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 7:28 PM
Default Electrical power outage.
Power Outage! So ready for it!
Not really a big deal. The only thing I'd do different is replace the big generator with a smaller one just to run the furnace and the refrigerators. The big generator is too big for this old man to use and uses too much gasoline. I dragged out the little emergency heater and the camp stove. Already had the flashlights with extra batteries out. All set, right? Food, light and heat!
Ready? You thought wrong!
I live with internet & screen junkies. They also like to complain and argue, so no screen + bad mood + nothing better to do = lots of arguments. This wasn't peaceful to me. I was trying to read a book but I kept getting "when will the power come back on", "my phone isn't charged", "Why did my phones get so slow? My phone won't work!" (because you used up all the high speed and your data is now throttled) I need to add a USB phone charger to my power-outage supplies. I have two, but neither one of them works.
I love these Light emitting Diode (LED) flashlights and light bulbs. I'm replacing all the lightbulbs in the house with LEDs and throwing out the florescent and incandescent bulbs.

Sims are better than us.
Page 9 of 9