Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#1851 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 12:49 AM
I can't wait to see what you come up with, Johnny!
(I love HW's Bespoke Set... the carriage house garage doors - OMG!)

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#1852 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 2:34 AM
Hot dang! We just reached 75 pages! wow!!!

Any how I just started a little cottage based on this plan:
https://www.architecturaldesigns.co...ome-plan-81272w
Might have expanded it just a little bit
Screenshots

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#1853 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 9:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
That picture about sums up what I'm thinking of TS4.

Bwahaha! I can't agree full with you. TS4 is not such a waste. But I'd rather say this picture sums up what I'm thinking of TS4 developers and Simgurus. They were made some of my creations banned in the gallery. The gallery bot said that's because of the poop is a mean word. One of Simgurus agreed and said me then restriction was set to avoid the argue with player's susceptibility. I decided not to play it since there. I am too much susceptibilitive person to talk about poop. And their arguments are looking ridiculous.

I've fired up my game again to create a nice wee lil' home, aiming for a cottage for the theme. I really like what I have so far, and since I don't plan to get all-out on it, I could finish it tomorrow and make share some pics.
Adding to that I can say that I really like the Bespoke Build Set. Simple yet elegant and plenty of colour options, and seems to be a good all-rounder for many styles.

I am very curious about how that would be done. I am not sure that I could make any theme special tho. Maybe I'llshare my old creation under this hashtag. But I am not sure to finish in time. I am having some troubles now. Both with private life and my parents'.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Alchemist
#1854 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 2:07 PM
This is what I've squished out. Apart from it's size, I'm not sure if it fits the Cottagecore theme.

Floor plans included. Would everything be accessible?
I also have a big plot of unused land at the back, I tried adding a garage but nah. Maybe I'll leave it like that.

I also wanted to the side porch with that certain comfortable Bravo touch, but instead of lemonade, there's an empty bowl to symbolize the emptyness I felt inside when I found out that TS2 doesn't have a lemonade pitcher.
Screenshots

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#1855 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 3:07 PM
I think that looks great, Johnny! It is eminently suitable for the Cottagecore theme too - esp if you bill the back field for planting

They may not be able to light the fireplace? And they def can't wash doggies - but there's plenty of room to get a tub and wash them out-of-doors!
The grill and lounge chairs won't work on an angle like that (well, one of the lounges might?) - but it looks good for the pix, and that is easy enough for DLers to fix.

I say Go For It!!! .

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1856 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 3:32 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 1st Jul 2021 at 3:59 PM.
I agree with Catherine, Johnny, that house looks great. True that recliners, among a number of other things, on a diagonal aren't functional in TS2, and I didn't know about BBQs.
Also, you've got those vines on the back porch growing right out of the wood floor. Would you consider trying to place one or two of the flower boxes beneath them using moveobjects and maybe off-grid placement cheats?
The interior layout is great.
Catherine, why wouldn't they be able to light the FP?

ps- Would they be able to use that book shelf with that chair positioned like that nearby? That's something I would test.
pps- I notice that big desk next to the FP. Did you know that in TS2 you can use one of the small, 1-tile round tables as a desk? (I assume you want to stay away from CC, because Hugelunatic made a great set of 1-tile versions of all the Maxis desks.)
Mad Poster
#1857 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 4:40 PM
"Catherine, why wouldn't they be able to light the FP?"
The coffee table may be blocking the routing - you'd need to test that. It might be back far enough - and it might not really matter? DLers can certainly move furniture however they want it
I don't ever bother to light the FPs when I play - they are only for ambiance IMHO *shrug*

I think the bookshelf Rob mentioned will be fine... but, test it to be sure.
I would want to test the shower door too - make sure the standing towel rack (?) or whatever that is - is not blocking the door.

I didn't think any of the 1T tables functioned as a desk - without mods? Huh.... that's my new thing for today

ETA: Make sure, when you test, that you put a copy of the lot in your lot bin first.
Move your sim in, test, move sim out, and delete the house.
THEN put down a fresh copy of the house from the bin, and make any changes necessary to that one.
...that way there are no traces of sim left to corrupt the lot. Good Luck!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Alchemist
#1858 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 4:40 PM Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 1st Jul 2021 at 4:52 PM.
What a bummer that diagonal stuff can't be used properly.
I wasn't planning on using too much CC, so far I've used wallpaper, siding, floors, doors and windows from the Bespoke set.
I didn't have pets on my mind while furnishing, I think I'll keep it pet-free. Or I'd have to reduce the size of the master bedroom, (that means no dresser there either)to add a new bathroom and convert the current bathroom to a 3rd tiny bedroom or an office. Though I think dog-washing still wouldn't be accessible, then..oh well.

I could place some flower boxes under the vines yes. To me the it looks like they're on some sort of wooden rake which attaches to the wall, that's why I blatantly placed them there.

I think I'm getting ideas for the garden too.

I'll probably have to Playtest, now that I'm on new building grounds (pun intended) I have no idea what can be used when placing stuff with cheats.

#1859 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 4:49 PM
What a bummer that diagonal stuff can't be used properly.

Some can... some can't - and sometimes aesthetics wins out over functionality (in my book)
I've had loungers work fine on an angle - if they are lone loungers...

I edited my above post - added about testing - I hope you see it .

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1860 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 5:02 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 1st Jul 2021 at 5:41 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
I would want to test the shower door too - make sure the standing towel rack (?) or whatever that is - is not blocking the door.

Oh yes, I think that might be a problem there.
The shower door will be fine. Rule of thumb: The side of the shower door that has the door handle on it is the side that needs to be kept clear.

Quote:
I didn't think any of the 1T tables functioned as a desk - without mods? Huh.... that's my new thing for today

Well, they work fine for computers and kids doing their homework.

Quote:
ETA: Make sure, when you test, that you put a copy of the lot in your lot bin first.
Move your sim in, test, move sim out, and delete the house.
THEN put down a fresh copy of the house from the bin, and make any changes necessary to that one.
...that way there are no traces of sim left to corrupt the lot. Good Luck!

Yup, that's the way to do it.

Another thing you might consider is switching the locations of the bathroom sink and toilet. With the toilet next to the bathroom door like you have it, the door will remain open when Sims are using the toilet. In real life, I'd be okay seeing someone using the sink, but not using the toilet, LOL. That's kind of a minor quibble I have and that I see a lot in TS2 houses.
Also, while replacing the shower with a tub or showertub would satisfy TS2 Sims' strong desire for bath tubs, it still would not enable dog bathing because the swing of the bathroom door would still be in the way.
Are you overwhelmed yet?
We are here to help.
The joys of TS2 Lot making.
Alchemist
#1861 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Some can... some can't - and sometimes aesthetics wins out over functionality (in my book)
I've had loungers work fine on an angle - if they are lone loungers...

I edited my above post - added about testing - I hope you see it .

Yup, form over function for me too, most of the time

What also bothered me are the roof-pitch limitations. I initially wanted to make the half-gabled roof steeper to a point where it'd be only 1sqr deep, but No0O0o, game won't allow that. Luckily it just worked right the way it is now.

#1862 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 5:16 PM
Yup, form over function for me too, most of the time

Form without function is blasphemy! If it can't be made to work properly, it doesn't go on the Lot!
Theorist
#1863 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 5:22 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 1st Jul 2021 at 5:44 PM.
WI initially wanted to make the half-gabled roof steeper to a point where it'd be only 1sqr deep, but No0O0o, game won't allow that. Luckily it just worked right the way it is now.

Which roof is that, the one over the front entrance or the side porch?
The side porch roof looks acceptable, assuming that a steeper pitch to match the nearby house roof would end too high on the wall.
The roof over the front entrance might be an issue, at least in my book, because I now notice it looks like it doesn't extend to the wall of the house. I'd need a better picture of it, from somewhat above.
Alchemist
#1864 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 5:33 PM Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 1st Jul 2021 at 5:51 PM.
The roofs above the entrance and porch connect to the wall just fine. I lined the roofs I meant in red, and how I actually wanted them in blue:

That way there'd be a bit roof higher up below the front windows, which just looks nicer IMO.

Quote:
Another thing you might consider is switching the locations of the bathroom sink and toilet. With the toilet next to the bathroom door like you have it, the door will remain open when Sims are using the toilet. In real life, I'd be okay seeing someone using the sink, but not using the toilet, LOL. That's kind of a minor quibble I have and that I see a lot in TS2 houses.
Also, while replacing the shower with a tub or showertub would satisfy TS2 Sims' strong desire for bath tubs, it still would not enable dog bathing because the swing of the bathroom door would still be in the way.
Are you overwhelmed yet?
We are here to help.
The joys of TS2 Lot making.

It's hard to make somewhat realistic appearing homes with the wonky Sims 'logic'. Gah! Maybe that's why I prefer building over commanding adult toddlers, who appearently, can't even close bathroom doors when there's a toilet near it.
I was so excited to be able to create the stairs how I wanted, since in my first build it just flatout refused a stair/stage combination, and now the mechanics come back to bite me in the ass once again

Quote:
Form without function is blasphemy! If it can't be made to work properly, it doesn't go on the Lot!

This isn't much of an issue in TS3, anything that can be placed in close proximity of other objects, without MOO, is functional/accessible. You don't even need a cheat to place things off-grid. Simply press and hold Alt, same goes for rotating stuff. Press and hold Alt and you can rotate it however you like. If it comes too close to any other objects just move it ever so slightly and it can be placed. A lot of ways to form while remaining function, compared to that TS2 feels just way too limited
Damn I never thought I'd miss TS3
Screenshots

#1865 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 5:55 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 2nd Jul 2021 at 7:07 PM.
The roofs above the entrance and porch connect to the wall just fine. I lined the roofs I meant in red, and how I actually wanted them in blue:

I don't see a problem with how that roof looks, although I have to ask, what's the point of it at all? To make the house look more like a cottage?
Edit: What if you encircled three sides of the house with the type of roof you used over the entrance and side porch (I forget what they call it. edit: Hipped Roof)? Just 1 square of roofing around three sides of the house. Would that achieve the same effect?

Quote:
It's hard to make somewhat realistic appearing homes with the wonky Sims 'logic'. Gah! Maybe that's why I prefer building over commanding adult toddlers, who appearently, can't even close bathroom doors when there's a toilet near it.

And just in case you're wondering - Yes, there is a mod that fixes doors that are stuck due to overhead lights or objects hanging on nearby walls, but it does not fix doors staying open because Sims are using a nearby toilet. It's possible some routing mod might fix the issue, but I don't use any of them so I don't know.

Quote:
I was so excited to be able to create the stairs how I wanted, since in my first build it just flatout refused a stair/stage combination, and now the mechanics come back to bite me in the ass once again

What's wrong with the stairs? I don't see anything wrong with the stairs. In fact, like I said previously, I think the layout is great.
The things we're pointing out are relatively minor quibbles.
Alchemist
#1866 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 6:15 PM Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 1st Jul 2021 at 6:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
I don't see a problem with how that roof looks, although I have to ask, what's the point of it at all? To make the house look more like a cottage?
Edit: What if you encircled three sides of the house with the type of roof you used over the entrance and side porch (I forget what they call it)? Just 1 square of roofing around three sides of the house. Would that achieve the same effect?

It wouldn't have the same effect, no.
But it's mainly aesthetics, more of a 'I would if could' situation. The current roof will stay as it is, it works, and looks good.

And just in case you're wondering - Yes, there is a mod that fixes doors that are stuck due to overhead lights or objects hanging on nearby walls, but it does not fix doors staying open because Sims are using a nearby toilet. It's possible some routing mod might fix the issue, but I don't use any of them so I don't know.

I already thought a routing mod would fix most of the issues one would have in tiny homes.
Quote:
..doors that are stuck due to overhead lights or objects hanging on nearby walls..

Wha- HOW

What's wrong with the stairs? I don't see anything wrong with the stairs. In fact, like I said previously, I think the layout is great.
The things we're pointing out are relatively minor quibbles.

I know :D
There's nothing wrong with it, I was referring to an older build where I had problems placing stairs and windows.

I'll be getting my hands on it again tomorrow, gotta process all this new information.

#1867 Old 2nd Jul 2021 at 12:33 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 2nd Jul 2021 at 1:08 AM.
Wha- HOW

In a vanilla TS2 game, if you place a ceiling light within the swing radii of a door, or certain wall hangings (such as telephones) on an adjacent wall segment, the door will get stuck in the open position and never close. Most people consider this a bug. I think it might be somewhat realistic to perhaps try to prevent players from placing low-hanging chandelier types of lights from being placed in the swing radii of a door, or things like wall-mounted telephones from being smashed by doors opening against them. Regardless, I think most people are using a mod that prevents the stuck doors. (Maxis should have given us creators a little more credit that we wouldn't place a chandelier right next to a door.)
Here's the mod: https://www.feenwald.de/en/specials/closedoors.php
There's another mod that does the same thing called Pescado's Door Jam Fix (here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/old/hacks/) that some people use, including me, but the former seems to be preferred for reasons I can't remember. I will eventually switch over to the former.

I was pointing out that these popular mods don't fix doors staying open when Sims are using a toilet the way you currently have it in your house, which is why I never place toilets that way.

And speaking of TS2 ceiling lights, you will definitely want to get the lunatech ceiling light fix, which fixes a serious Maxis graphic error for what is probably the best ceiling light in the game.
Theorist
#1868 Old 2nd Jul 2021 at 1:21 PM
Johnny, I feel you pain. I am with you)))
You are making same steps like me two mounths ago.
I tried to move from Sims 3 to Sims 2 and made a very beautiful houses for new neighborhood. Once it was finished Jawusa came with bunch of bug fixes that were peeling her eyes. Then I got a super duper hug bug. Then I got tombstone to stuck. Sooo... You are going to leave you comfort zone. Prepare to suffer LoL. There's just a beginning. Xd

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Alchemist
#1869 Old 3rd Jul 2021 at 4:29 PM
So I've made changes to the 2nd floor plan, reduced the size of the master bedroom, made a new bath and added the 3rd bedroom/office. The new bath has a shower/tub combo, but Sims still won't be able to bath dogs, If I understood it correctly.

I've also been thinking about extending the 2nd floor one tile to the right, but that would greatly disturb the facade's symmetry.
Screenshots

#1870 Old 3rd Jul 2021 at 4:49 PM
So I've made changes to the 2nd floor plan...

That looks good - and no, the tub is still not usable for dogs because the toilet is in the way *sigh*
ETA - Actually, wait! You used the hi-tank toilet - that might work! Test it and see; but I've had that configuration work for me before. It's in one of my last uploads... the Country Cottage - I even put a "proof" picture of it working in the listing.

The only really glaring thing for me (completely my prob, I know!) is the blasted lights are not centered. That drives me bonkers! (...and yes, it's a short drive!)
Can you use the QuarterTile Cheat to center them?

Do you have your 'cheats' aliased in your UserStartup file?

and Vintage Stuffeths
Alchemist
#1871 Old 3rd Jul 2021 at 5:48 PM
I'll keep it like that then and test it when it's ready, and yes I fully understand the thing with the lights, it flips me off too Though for the moment they've just been put there and I'd try to center them with the Snapobject cheat. Haven't heard of the quarter tile cheat, I recon it'll be easier to center them with that one?

I did some gardening too, added a 5x4 greenhouse with adjacent orchard; 2 apple, and 2 orange trees. Oh and a pond. Because ponds are cool.

Also made slight changes to the side porch.

The table and bowl just didn't do it for me.
Screenshots

#1872 Old 3rd Jul 2021 at 6:02 PM
Oooooh! Yes! That looks nice - love the porch changes too

HINT: Quarter Tile Placement info.
Makes life easier ...you do have to hit 'ctrl' + F to turn it on or off - but that's pretty darn easy!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Alchemist
#1873 Old 3rd Jul 2021 at 8:33 PM
While adding the (hopefully) finishing touches to one, I started another one for the sake of it. A Saltbox.
Aiming to give it the #cottagecore too.
Screenshots

#1874 Old 4th Jul 2021 at 3:56 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 4th Jul 2021 at 4:10 AM.
Comments regarding the first house:

Adding 1 row of tiles to the 2nd floor - If you did that, I would consider simply making the entire house 1 tile wider (including the first floor). Your original 2nd floor layout accommodated 3 sleeping places, therefore 3 Sims. The new layout sleeps 4 Sims, which might be a little much for that one small bathroom. If you made the house larger by 1 row of tiles, you could make a roomier bathroom that could probably also bathe dogs.
Or perhaps get rid of the small bedroom and just have an open loft area in its place?

The porch - I wasn't sure how it was going to look, but the flower pots underneath those vines turned out nice. The rest of the landscaping is also nice. Make sure the pond is actually harvestable, although it looks like it should be. Some very small ponds are not, but this one looks big enough to contain fish. I always test by having Sims catch a fish.
Mad Poster
#1875 Old 4th Jul 2021 at 4:38 AM
I like the reality of the smaller bathroom This isn't supposed to be a luxury mansion - it's a "cottage". I don't think it needs a rebuild .

and Vintage Stuffeths

Page 75 of 98