Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gardener Service - v2.3 (4th May 2014)

by douglasveiga Posted 3rd Nov 2011 at 8:14 AM - Updated 4th May 2014 at 11:25 PM by douglasveiga

736 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 448 Feedback Posts, 287 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 10 of 30
Inventor
Original Poster
#226 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 2:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by l8nytsimmer
Thanks a lot! I've been wanting a Gardener since the base game came out. Gardening takes up too much time!

you are welcome
Test Subject
#227 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 2:02 PM
This is no less than fantastic! I really love it. But I cant get it to work :-(. I updated my game a couple of days ago, downloaded your mod this morning, so it should be up-to-date. I can request the gardner, but he does not show up. I can't se the truck either. My maid doesn't show up either, nor does the thingy to repair things (Sorry, English isn't my first langueage :-)). I still get the newspaper delivered. I tried to wait two sim days, and got the message, that the gardner would arrive next morning. He didn't. All that happened, after installing the mod was the very first sim day, the gardner showed up. This is my first mod-download ever :-(.
What can I do?
Inventor
Original Poster
#228 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnkellyfan
This is no less than fantastic! I really love it. But I cant get it to work :-(. I updated my game a couple of days ago, downloaded your mod this morning, so it should be up-to-date. I can request the gardner, but he does not show up. I can't se the truck either. My maid doesn't show up either, nor does the thingy to repair things (Sorry, English isn't my first langueage :-)). I still get the newspaper delivered. I tried to wait two sim days, and got the message, that the gardner would arrive next morning. He didn't. All that happened, after installing the mod was the very first sim day, the gardner showed up. This is my first mod-download ever :-(.
What can I do?

did you used this mod before applying the basegame update?
Test Subject
#229 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 2:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
did you used this mod before applying the basegame update?

No. I updated my game first
Inventor
Original Poster
#230 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnkellyfan
No. I updated my game first

humm, this mod is compatible with 1.29,1.28,1.23.

so this is very weird. try testing with a new family/town to see if it's working.
Test Subject
#231 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 12:31 AM Last edited by shauri : 22nd Dec 2011 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Never mind...
Installed, have option on phone, gardener showed up, but she just stands there and doesn't do anything. Any ideas?

Update - never mind, it just took her a while to get to work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#232 Old 27th Dec 2011 at 6:18 PM
Downloaded this straight away. Now, to cook some great foods!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#233 Old 28th Dec 2011 at 4:24 PM
Огромное вам спасибо!
Test Subject
#234 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 10:26 PM
Is this for Sims 2 only? Or sims 3? Becuase the wallphone... what is that?
Inventor
Original Poster
#235 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thejoker6
Is this for Sims 2 only? Or sims 3? Becuase the wallphone... what is that?

Sims 3.

i think it's telephone. i am not sure if "wall-phone" word is correct.
Test Subject
#236 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 10:27 PM
Do you think you can make a dog walker or maybe somebody that always takes good care of your pets just like a babysitter
Test Subject
#237 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 9:16 PM
Hey, thanks! Your mod has helped me a lot, since my architect is now too busy to manage her garden. I think it would be great if you had the choice between the fridge or a sim, since I hate the excellent quality produce being placed with normal or nice quality ones, because then I have to drag them one by one into her inventory to sell.
Test Subject
#238 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 5:39 AM
hi and thx for this mod.

will it be possible to add a german translation, so the ingame texts and dialogs will appear in german instead of english if u use german as game-language?
Inventor
Original Poster
#239 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 6:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by F_lower
Do you think you can make a dog walker or maybe somebody that always takes good care of your pets just like a babysitter

i am working in another project, but i think there is a guy working on it in the Mod category.

Quote: Originally posted by IHeartRaizel
Hey, thanks! Your mod has helped me a lot, since my architect is now too busy to manage her garden. I think it would be great if you had the choice between the fridge or a sim, since I hate the excellent quality produce being placed with normal or nice quality ones, because then I have to drag them one by one into her inventory to sell.

you can sell at the Store/Market, so the products will be filter by Quality.

Quote: Originally posted by HaWe83
hi and thx for this mod.

will it be possible to add a german translation, so the ingame texts and dialogs will appear in german instead of english if u use german as game-language?

yes.
Test Subject
#240 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 2:06 AM
Hi. After looking inside the subject i wrote a german translation for this. Maybe you will add it.

After testing a little bit around i found some little bugs/mistakes you want to know and maybe fix.

*in "About" it still says version 1.16, but its 1.17
*if you click on option "BackToWork" an additional "Fire"-option will be added to the menu. So after one click you will have 2 "Fire"-Options, then three and so on
*if you click "Fire" and "BackToWork" in a row, the actual gardener will talk to you and drive away. But an unvisible gardener without car and skin will stay and finish the work

I hope some of this will help you.

Thx again
Attached files:
File Type: rar  S3_220557DA_00000000_08CFF96C94B6CA33_GardenerNPC_strings_GER_DE%%+STBL.rar (1.1 KB, 7 downloads)
Description: German String File for Gardener NPC v1.17 - extracted with s3pe
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#241 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 2:58 PM
this is fantastic...thank you
Inventor
Original Poster
#242 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 12:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HaWe83
Hi. After looking inside the subject i wrote a german translation for this. Maybe you will add it.

After testing a little bit around i found some little bugs/mistakes you want to know and maybe fix.

*in "About" it still says version 1.16, but its 1.17
*if you click on option "BackToWork" an additional "Fire"-option will be added to the menu. So after one click you will have 2 "Fire"-Options, then three and so on
*if you click "Fire" and "BackToWork" in a row, the actual gardener will talk to you and drive away. But an unvisible gardener without car and skin will stay and finish the work

I hope some of this will help you.

Thx again

thank you, i will add and i will fix this issues in the next update.
Instructor
#243 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 2:29 AM
@douglasveiga

Sorry for complaining, but I dislike the gardener uniform.

The white and green is too bright, smooth and clean to me. By adding texture and dirt will be perfect, It's better to be EA matching.

How about different shape of the cloth? To be less tidy and more macho! (well, my female sims like it.....) :D

Or.....how about gardener wearing casual cloth? Casual cloth can be change and customized at will.

Do you have any tutorial to make custom NPC like your gardener?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#244 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 5:08 PM
I am having difficulty with this one---it doesn't show up as a service to call, nor anywhere else. I have waited several sim days for it to appear, and it doesn't. Do I need some sort of other mod to make it work correctly. Thanks for this by the way! Hoping I can actually use it!
Test Subject
#245 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 7:49 AM
I've loved and used this mod since you uploaded it. I usually only play one household per world, but today I decided to switch households from one that was using this gardener, and my new household gets the messages about the gardener from the previous household. Not a big issue, but thought I'd let you know

Keep up the great work! :D
Inventor
Original Poster
#246 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimDreamer
I've loved and used this mod since you uploaded it. I usually only
play one household per world, but today I decided to switch households from one tha
t was using this gardener, and my new household gets the messages about the gardener
from the previous household. Not a big issue, but thought I'd let you know

Keep up the great work! :D

this issue was fixed some weeks ago, download the new version and use the Cancel Service interaction.

Code:
I am having difficulty with this one---it doesn't show up as a service to call
, nor anywhere else. I have waited several sim days for it to appear, and it doesn't
. Do I need some sort of other mod to make it work correctly. Thanks for this by the
 way! Hoping I can actually use it!

use the wall-phone (telephone), not the Mobile.

Code:
@douglasveiga Sorry for complaining, but I dislike the gardener uniform. 
The white and green is too bright, smooth and clean to me. By adding texture and
 dirt will be perfect, It's better to be EA matching. How about different shape of the cloth? To be
 less tidy and more macho! (well, my female sims like it.....) :D
 Or.....how about gardener wearing casual cloth? Casual cloth can be change
 and customized at will. ...................................... Do you have any tutorial
 to make custom NPC like your gardener?

the appron is from the basegame, i just changed the color. the npc is generated by the system, so i can't change the body.
Lab Assistant
#247 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 10:04 PM
Default Not working for me
Code:
I am having difficulty with this one---it doesn't show up as a service to call
, nor anywhere else. I have waited several sim days for it to appear, and it doesn't
. Do I need some sort of other mod to make it work correctly. Thanks for this by the

I did. And the deskphone. Nothing. Am I supposed to download another mod before using it?

God will never give you more than you can handle--my mother
Inventor
Original Poster
#248 Old 3rd Feb 2012 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nanatoana
Code:
I am having difficulty with this one---it doesn't show up
 as a service to call
, nor anywhere else. I have waited several sim days for it to appear, and it
doesn't
. Do I need some sort of other mod to make it work correctly. Thanks for this by
 the

I did. And the deskphone. Nothing. Am I supposed to download another mod before
using it?

patch your game to 1.29
Test Subject
#249 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 4:59 PM
Nice mod,

I cant seem to get the gardner to enter my lot though. It's completely fenced in to keep out all the roaming animals and undesireables. The gardner comes to the front gate, but wont enter the lot.
Forum Resident
#250 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 2:54 AM
Thank you very much. I have used it a lot. But since I patched my game to version 1.31, I've been wondering if this need to be updated?
Page 10 of 30