Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 Default Replacement Fixer - V3.0 10/12/2020, fixes default eyes, eyebrows, makeup, and skins broken by patches

by CmarNYC Posted 5th Jun 2020 at 7:14 PM - Updated 12th Oct 2020 at 11:02 PM by CmarNYC

265 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 214 Feedback Posts, 50 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 4 of 11
Test Subject
#76 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 3:25 PM Last edited by peaudebanane : 6th Jun 2020 at 10:04 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
The DayDreamin' eyes are available in a fixed version here: https://maxismatchccworld.tumblr.co...an-default-eyes

Probably most default eyes will be fixed by either their creator or someone like the above if they're no longer active.

That's awesome, thank you so much!
Test Subject
#77 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 3:30 PM
Could you post a link? I can't find them.

https://nyloa-blog.tumblr.com/post/...-punch-ups-eyes

Thank you for your time and attention, by the way!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#78 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 3:44 PM
Worked a treat man, SimMandy's YumeV2 eyes came out perfect! It worked on vampire and mermaid eyes as well as pets. I'll check alien ones next.
Field Researcher
#79 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Well I'm glad I came back and discovered why the tool wasn't fixing my default Alien eyes. I made them with textures only to keep the original file size small. Any word from EA why the change was made? I doubt it.

I'm also very curious. Could it be possible that color wheel for eyes would be added like those with Cat's and Dogs?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#80 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmyneutron
https://nyloa-blog.tumblr.com/post/...-punch-ups-eyes

Thank you for your time and attention, by the way!

You're welcome.

The Nyloa eyes are also texture-only and not supported yet by the tool, but I'm working on it.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#81 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 4:34 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH! The creator of my defaults has quit making content, so I thought I would never have my sims back the way I'd created them. 30 seconds with your tool and they've got their gorgeous eyes back, easy as pie.
Field Researcher
#82 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 5:16 PM Last edited by MoxieGraphix : 6th Jun 2020 at 5:33 PM.
I've received the attached error on a couple eye defaults (GTW, vampires and pets). It tells me it fixed X number of eyes but then errors when trying to save and tells me it can not save when I close out the error.

Edit: I figured it out. I replaced the package and got the error. When I RENAMED the package (like you said to do, duh), the error didn't happen. Just FYI in case others are having this issue. I"m going to leave the (huge, sorry) image for others in case they run into it.

Field Researcher
#83 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 5:28 PM
Does anyone know: Are default skins, for example, luumiasims Vanilla skin, not working as well? I see that there's no cc icon on the skintone swatch. :O
Scholar
#84 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chingyu1023
Does anyone know: Are default skins, for example, luumiasims Vanilla skin, not working as well? I see that there's no cc icon on the skintone swatch. :O

Default skin replacements don't get a wrench icon as far as I know. That should be only for custom skintones. I use Luumia's Vanilla skin though and it's working find on my end and so are my custom skintones.

Also Thank you Cmar for this wonderful tool! You're a champ!
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chingyu1023

I use the same one and the only way I've been able to tell whether or not they're working (because they mimic the EA ones so closely) is by whether or not I can see a sims bits and bobs in the proper colour they're suppose to have. And they were coloured as they should be instead of being the same colour as what ever skin colour was in use. As far as anyone has been able to tell, the issue with default replacements is limited to the face. The MAC stuff they added in the patch seems to be the culprit since it sounds like they did some changes to the code there (and reading Cmar's comments on it seems to further this as I was basing it on how they described their addition on the patch notes, I have little idea how the code works with CC XD ).
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#86 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MoxieGraphix
I've received the attached error on a couple eye defaults (GTW, vampires and pets). It tells me it fixed X number of eyes but then errors when trying to save and tells me it can not save when I close out the error.

Edit: I figured it out. I replaced the package and got the error. When I RENAMED the package (like you said to do, duh), the error didn't happen. Just FYI in case others are having this issue. I"m going to leave the (huge, sorry) image for others in case they run into it.

I'm glad you figured it out! I'm adding a stronger warning to the description.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Instructor
THANKS POST
#87 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 8:21 PM
Thank you so much! I was so annoyed my default eyes weren't working anymore.
Field Researcher
#88 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 9:20 PM
I'm glad you figured it out! I'm adding a stronger warning to the description.

Thanks! It was very much user error in that case, LOL. Thank you for this tool, it's really helpful.
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 10:56 PM
Cant play without my eye defaults, same for skins, glad that didn't break thanks for the eye fix tool <3
Test Subject
#90 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 3:23 AM
Hi, again, this is great! Would there ever be a default eyebrow fixer in the future? After the update, my CC default replacement eyebrows stopped working.
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 5:05 AM
Hi, I tried using your program with my Defaults http://modthesims.info/d/627368/incomplete-eyes.html It said 19 fixed but when I tested it out in-game. None were actually fixed. :O T_T
Scholar
THANKS POST
#92 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 5:14 AM
Ah! It worked! Thanks so much! (I used Setsuki's defualt)
Field Researcher
#93 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 7:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tysakasa
I use the same one and the only way I've been able to tell whether or not they're working (because they mimic the EA ones so closely) is by whether or not I can see a sims bits and bobs in the proper colour they're suppose to have. And they were coloured as they should be instead of being the same colour as what ever skin colour was in use. As far as anyone has been able to tell, the issue with default replacements is limited to the face. The MAC stuff they added in the patch seems to be the culprit since it sounds like they did some changes to the code there (and reading Cmar's comments on it seems to further this as I was basing it on how they described their addition on the patch notes, I have little idea how the code works with CC XD ).

Thanks for explaining Now I don't have to worry about it :D
Test Subject
#94 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 9:43 AM
I stumbled upon another small issue. Two colored swatch preview get converted into one color.
Not a huge deal just wanted to add this info.
Test Subject
#95 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 10:08 AM
Thank you for your work! Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me.

As I only had textures files in my eyes replacement, I created a new override package in the Sims 4 Studio, selecting the eyes colors, and imported my textures there. After running the program, all eyes color swatches are duplicated in CAS (one with the wrench, the other one without), and the texture are the original ones. It was the only file in my CAS folder. Do you now Why this happened ?

You can download the file here, just in case.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Rope_OeilDeBiche_EyesRemplacement.7z (94.5 KB, 5 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#96 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 11:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheMuseSway
Hi, I tried using your program with my Defaults http://modthesims.info/d/627368/incomplete-eyes.html It said 19 fixed but when I tested it out in-game. None were actually fixed. :O T_T

Your eyes, converted, work fine in my game. Do you have an eye shine remover? They conflict and you have to remove it.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#97 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 11:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by UltimateGamer89
Hi, again, this is great! Would there ever be a default eyebrow fixer in the future? After the update, my CC default replacement eyebrows stopped working.

Yes, I'm finishing up adding support for eyebrows and makeup to the tool.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#98 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 11:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simline44
I stumbled upon another small issue. Two colored swatch preview get converted into one color.
Not a huge deal just wanted to add this info.

Do you mean one swatch disappeared? Or two swatches have the same color? Please upload the original and fixed packages.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#99 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 11:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsontherope
Thank you for your work! Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me.

As I only had textures files in my eyes replacement, I created a new override package in the Sims 4 Studio, selecting the eyes colors, and imported my textures there. After running the program, all eyes color swatches are duplicated in CAS (one with the wrench, the other one without), and the texture are the original ones. It was the only file in my CAS folder. Do you now Why this happened ?

You can download the file here, just in case.

Looking inside the package, these are not default replacements, they're additional colors with custom TGIs. You're seeing the defaults plus the duplicates in CAS. Whatever you did in S4S, you ended up with custom clones instead of default replacements.

I'm going to update the tool to support texture-only eyes today, if you want to wait.

Test Subject
#100 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 12:53 PM
You're a lifesaver!!!
Page 4 of 11