Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 3:17 AM
Lillian Plumb and the Plumb B&B

As you know (If you have read this post before) The Pleasant family had a bit of a to-do which left their house vacant.
I decided to turn it into a "Welcome house" where all new sims will live until they find a place of their own, as a way of integrating them and letting them get to know a few sims before they start their (usually grueling) time in Pleasanview.

The Owner of this welcoming establishment is Lillian Plumb:

She is a caring elder sim who just wants to make life a little easier for those sims who haven't quite found their place in the world yet.

Sims like Verg Bjorkland who is new to the area.

And Monica Bowlan who is the new local reporter for Sim City News.

The B&B has rooms for upto 4 sims at a time and has all the essentials to get a sims started, like the Job Seekers Notice board you can see. It also has skill building and hobby items like gardening equipment and plenty of books to read.

I usually let new sims do their own thing until I figure out what type of sim they are.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 9:44 AM
@aparkin85

Lillian Plumb and the Plumb B&B, cool.

I think that the Welcoming Bed&Breakfast house is a very fine idea. I just recently added Pleasant View as a sub-hood, so I have not really played the Pleasants yet. Why did you empty the house of the original family? I don't recall what the issue was right now. lol

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 5:14 PM
I really like your versions of the hoods; they're decorated beautifully. I also like how you made stories for why the Maxis Sims are missing. They're funny and the pictures really help tell the stories.

Poor Annette, having her life plans derailed like that. It's a very realistic situation, too.

The police station is great, but after seeing that prisoner, I think I'd behave myself!

I hope Ashley can find love and acceptance in her new home. I looks like things are going well so far.

Your stories are creative and fun to read. I haven't done much with playing businesses and hope to do it in the near future. The B&B is a great idea.
Link Ninja
#29 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 7:38 PM
I love your pics! There's a lot of thought to how you decorate and position everything to fit the narrative text that goes with it.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
@aparkin85

Lillian Plumb and the Plumb B&B, cool.

I think that the Welcoming Bed&Breakfast house is a very fine idea. I just recently added Pleasant View as a sub-hood, so I have not really played the Pleasants yet. Why did you empty the house of the original family? I don't recall what the issue was right now. lol

Thank you. The reason the original maxis properties are empty is because I created my own clean version of Pleasantview (Previous Page) without any sims in it at all. However I did want a back story as to why they were no longer there.
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkin85
Thank you. The reason the original maxis properties are empty is because I created my own clean version of Pleasantview (Previous Page) without any sims in it at all. However I did want a back story as to why they were no longer there.

I love to come up with story lines after the fact to keep things organized.

I enjoyed getting the Pleasantville and Veronaville and Rolling Hills teens off to University. Wow the Pleasant Girls kept..Fighting All The Time. I never had siblings fight like they do, most of the time everyone gets along fine in my game.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Forum Resident
#32 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 6:41 PM
The B&B is beautiful. I like Lillian already!

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Field Researcher
#33 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
I love to come up with story lines after the fact to keep things organized.

I enjoyed getting the Pleasantville and Veronaville and Rolling Hills teens off to University. Wow the Pleasant Girls kept..Fighting All The Time. I never had siblings fight like they do, most of the time everyone gets along fine in my game.
I usually send off Lilith to live with her grandparents (Oldies). She has a much better life with them, and will get her grades up, go to college, and will inherit her grandparents house, and money. I don't neglect Angela though, She goes to college, and winds up with a good job too.

Most of you would be bored playing my game, as I try to keep my Sims on the upbeat. I don't like strife (Well, maybe a little) in my "hoods". I used to play "Neo Pets" with my daughters when they were young, and I try and play Sims pretty much the same way. They're like my "Neo Pets". I try to keep them happy.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 4:43 PM
It's been over a year, so I think it's time for another update.

William Hutchins

When ever I create a sim/family I always have a plan for them or a good story line, I spend time crating them and building/decorating their house.... then I get bored and never play them haha.

William is not one of those sims.

William lived Downtown in a small house and was struggling to make ends meet.

He soon met Karen, who he thought could be the love of his life...

They spent a time living together and building up social circles.

But William soon came to see that Karen was not the one for him.

But William bounced back and decided to start living life again.

Then along came Sarah Blake.

William finally realized what true love looks like... and it looked like Sarah Blake.

Sarah moved in... but with a little one on the way they would have to find somewhere bigger than Williams one bedroomed Downtown.

End of Part 1
Field Researcher
#35 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 8:50 PM
I hope William can have a good life with her new partner and their baby, also I'm interested in know more about Karen and her life post the break up. Good update.

"Old Town Revival: My MegaHood"

Page 2 of 2