Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 9:50 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons
Default APARTMENT LIFE - The Autoplay won't run
Okay,

so I was eagerly trying to install the EP on my computer when I realized that the language selection wouldn't show up..

I made sure that I had a DVD-ROM drive.. Check.
Did it work? Yes because I put another DVD in it.

But just to make sure I tested the CD on another computer, and it worked so I took out that DVD-rom drive and installed it on the computer that had all my other expansion packs but... It still didn't work!

I cleaned the disk, did all the things that were said on your installing FAQ but it still didnt work. I tried to right-click it and still NADA.

I have all the requierements except for the video card, because it's Intel. But my other computer has it and the autoplay still showed up.. I will buy another card, but I wanna make sure that I can install the game before anything else.

What do I do?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 10:51 PM
Sounds like it could be an issue with the SecuRom- something you have installed on your computer could be interfering. I've seen issues with running and installing due to this, so the first thing I'd do is look at what other software you have installed. Do you have any emulation software, or burning software such as Nero on that PC?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Sounds like it could be an issue with the SecuRom- something you have installed on your computer could be interfering. I've seen issues with running and installing due to this, so the first thing I'd do is look at what other software you have installed. Do you have any emulation software, or burning software such as Nero on that PC?

Why yes, yes I do have Nero on my PC.

As for the emulation software, I don't think I have one.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 11:48 AM
Update Nero, and disable it as much as possible. SecuROM frequently decides that Nero = piracy, and gets its knickers in a twist.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 4:47 PM
Alright, but I have no idea how to disable it.

Do you mean to uninstall it?

(Btw if this can help, I have Nero 6)
shiny!
retired moderator
#6 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 5:09 PM
Follow these directions to rule out a software conflict: http://modthesims2.com/showpost.php...45&postcount=21
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Dec 2008 at 3:14 PM
.. Okay, none of this worked.

I even uninstalled Nero and disactived my anti-virus but nothing.
I just don't get it though, it works with the other computers but not the one that I actually need!
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#8 Old 12th Dec 2008 at 3:50 PM
The "language selection" doesn't appear if you happen to have a US version, IIRC, and it will just install using en_us. If you wish it to use another language after installation, you will have to regedit. For once, it probably isn't something SecuROM did.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 12th Dec 2008 at 6:58 PM
When you try to use the autorun, does Autorun.exe appear in your task manager?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 12th Dec 2008 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
The "language selection" doesn't appear if you happen to have a US version, IIRC,

Ah, good call- but I was assuming that the OP was meaning that the install did not begin at all. Perhaps you can clarify whether the game actually will install, or whether the disc will not run at all, VolvoLover.?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 4:18 PM
Ah, good call- but I was assuming that the OP was meaning that the install did not begin at all. Perhaps you can clarify whether the game actually will install, or whether the disc will not run at all, VolvoLover.?

My bad,
the disc doesn't run at all. I put the disc in and nothing comes up.
I even right-clicked the icon but nothing shows up either.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
When you try to use the autorun, does Autorun.exe appear in your task manager?

In the Processes tab?

Well, it appears for like 3 seconds but then it's gone afterwards.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 4:31 PM
Did you test it on a clean user account?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 6:43 PM
Did you test it on a clean user account?

What do you mean by clean user account? As in, a new one?

By the way, I just re-read what I wrote and it doesn't seem too clear. So basically, I don't have a problem installing the game since it doesn't give me a chance to install it in the first place because the ''Languages selection'' won't appear.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#15 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 8:09 PM
yes, a new user account- follow Callistra's link above for her instructions to test for software conflict.
Test Subject
#16 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 2:15 AM
Default Apartment Life won't play
I just purchased sims2 apartment life and had the same problem the company I purchased it from sent me a replace disk and the same thing happened.

I build and repair computer and I think ea game has shipped out a bunch of defective disk. If can try your disk on a different computer and if still does not work you need to contact ea games and the retailer you purchased from.

Quote: Originally posted by VolvoLover.
Okay,

so I was eagerly trying to install the EP on my computer when I realized that the language selection wouldn't show up..

I made sure that I had a DVD-ROM drive.. Check.
Did it work? Yes because I put another DVD in it.

But just to make sure I tested the CD on another computer, and it worked so I took out that DVD-rom drive and installed it on the computer that had all my other expansion packs but... It still didn't work!

I cleaned the disk, did all the things that were said on your installing FAQ but it still didnt work. I tried to right-click it and still NADA.

I have all the requierements except for the video card, because it's Intel. But my other computer has it and the autoplay still showed up.. I will buy another card, but I wanna make sure that I can install the game before anything else.

What do I do?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#17 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 3:17 AM
If, as VolvoLover reports, the disc works on another PC, then it is not caused by a defective disc. Take a look at this also- I'm still convinced this is a Securom issue:
http://support.electronicarts.co.uk...topview=1&skin=
Test Subject
#18 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 7:44 AM
Go to C drive > program files > EA GAMES > Apartment Life > TS Bin > click the first icon (Sims2EP8). It will take a second, but it launches every time.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#19 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 12:13 PM Last edited by maxon : 12th Feb 2017 at 6:38 PM.
Please don't necromance threads that are 8 years old. I'm guessing VolvoLover has sorted it out by now.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
#20 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 1:37 AM
Thx Lizzajean that solved my problem
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#21 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 12:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jlyglesias
Thx Lizzajean that solved my problem

Please check dates when posting in forums. You responded to someone from 2017.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#22 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 12:41 AM