Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Oct 2020 at 2:56 PM
Default What did the latest patch do?
What did this latest patch do (other than possibly broke a few mods/CC)?
Can anybody tell me where I can find Maxis' changelog?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 10th Oct 2020 at 2:42 PM
Alright. Thanks.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 11th Oct 2020 at 4:54 AM
Latest update fixes problems I didn't know existed, and didn't fix problems I do know exist. (e.g. giving potions to sims etc) and broke many of my favorite mods.

Sims are better than us.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Oct 2020 at 1:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Latest update fixes problems I didn't know existed, and didn't fix problems I do know exist... and broke many of my favorite mods.
-Said every simmer since the year 2000.
Smeg Head
#5 Old 11th Oct 2020 at 4:54 PM
"...and created glitches that weren't there before."

If we are to accurately account for what most simmers have been saying and reporting regarding patches over the years, most predominantly during these TS4 years.

So much for online monthly patches making it easier, more reliable and extra speedy, Maxis haven't seemed to grasp that concept yet, most notably the "more reliable" aspect. Almost the exact opposite one could suppose. As if the idea of being able to do it so readily, regularly and conveniently has implanted a sub-conscious element to then leave it all to the last minute, and in turn do a shoddy and rushed job. Also the idea that errors can be fixed so quickly, again subliminally encourages to be less thorough in checking work in the first instance. "Oh, we'll just wait for players to report the errors we create when batch altering XMLs in patches, rather than seek out individual XMLs beforehand that should not be batch altered. The upside, if no-one reports the issue, great, even less work for us to do."

Don't take my word for it. The vast mountain of glitches and unresolved issues reported over a EA Help speaks for itself. How could that ever come to pass - six years in and counting! - if online, monthly patching was working as initially intended?

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
dodgy builder
#6 Old 12th Oct 2020 at 12:29 AM
The new furniture has white and black swatches, but again these stencils can't be removed

Screenshots
Scholar
#7 Old 12th Oct 2020 at 1:31 AM
Just what we needed was another chair and table, how many mores styles can a table and chair look like?
dodgy builder
#8 Old 12th Oct 2020 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
Just what we needed was another chair and table, how many mores styles can a table and chair look like?

I decorate tons of houses and oddly enough I never have your problem. It's always something that doesn't fit for some reason.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Oct 2020 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Latest update fixes problems I didn't know existed, and didn't fix problems I do know exist. (e.g. giving potions to sims etc) and broke many of my favorite mods.

I just can't understand, for the life of me, how a company that creates a game as successful as The Sims franchise, not want to go back and fix even the smallest problems that they KNOW exist (like Coolspear1 said, they've been hearing about them over and over from us for years).

If The Sims was NOT that popular, or a brand new intro into the game world, I'd understand it better. But . . . after four flavors of the game after all these years . . .

OK. I'm stupid. Indeed EA/Maxis knows what they are doing. Much better than I do. Sorry for this rant.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 14th Oct 2020 at 9:19 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 14th Oct 2020 at 9:43 PM.
^ They pretend player-made mods don't exist (I mean, seriously - they don't. It's like smoke to them. Hit it with a powerful enough fan, or enough enthusiastic fans screaming in awe, and it blows all away). They also don't seem to play-test their fixes and packs properly before releasing (I mean, why would you spend time and energy on beta-testing? Just dig up some code that looks kinda broken, see what it does, fix it, and voila! Instant patch! If someone sees a bug ingame, it's a "feature". If anyone complains, "fix" it three or four patches from now when you've had about ten thousand complaints and there's already a mod to fix it, but "accidentally" create a new problem while working on it and break ten random mods that weren't even related to the problem). Seems it's what they've been doing all along, probably ever since they started pumping out games. Making somewhat cringy jokes, too.

As for the non-matchy furniture swatches (and furniture), that's also been an issue for a while. Only time they kind of managed to fix that was with CASt, for obvious reasons... TS2 isn't too bad with option for 2 subsets, and some of the later items match and are nice, but the BG stuff is kind of awful. It shouldn't be difficult. I mean, how hard can it be to just decide on a swatch and stick with it throughout an entire set of furniture? An entire game? It's not like you'd need a huge color palette, either. A few woods, black and white, basic colors that don't look too garish, and you're pretty much there for non-fabrics. The furniture doesn't always match in style, though (that's sometimes more of a problem, because you can't always fix that with a recolor ).
Scholar
#11 Old 15th Oct 2020 at 12:24 AM
I always thought that the many build and furniture sets with only a few items, or items that didn't match, were invitations for people to make their own, honestly.
dodgy builder
#12 Old 15th Oct 2020 at 10:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
I always thought that the many build and furniture sets with only a few items, or items that didn't match, were invitations for people to make their own, honestly.

I'm not sure they have such a positiv attitude to cc honestly. I think it's more something they have to deal with or the players will make them suffer for month.