Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 8:10 PM
Default WCIF more Sims 3 spells?
I favor the Sims 3 witches a lot more than the Sims 4 spellcasters, but there are some spells and features that Realm of Magic has that I wish Sims 3 had more of. I already have the Enhanced Witches mod along with the child witches mod, but I wish there were more spells that also included some of the Sims 4 animations (I know that's a little ambitious for a modder to do). Does anyone know of a mod that includes some of the Realm of Magic aspects?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 12:42 AM Last edited by murfee : 17th Oct 2020 at 1:22 AM.
More spells are included in the More Magic set at the store, by way of the Spellbook , Magic Cauldron, Voodoo Doll, and Crystal Ball. https://store.thesims3.com/setsProd...=OFB-SIM3:46429
There's also Arsil's Mental Powers mod, which adds more abilities: https://modthesims.info/d/594231/mental-powers.html

The thing about RoM's magic spells is that a lot of them are cheats, not dissimilar from TS3's abilities found through other lifestates from TS3's expansions. So if you have other EPs, I HIGHLY recommend using Nraas' Master Controller & Hybrid mods, which allows you to create Hybrids by forcing additional occult lifestates on your Witch sims, to create Witch-Plantsim-Faery-Werewolf-Alien-Genie-Mersims (and Simbots/Plumbots). That way your sims have the full gammut of different abilities at their disposal.

TS4's RoM Spells, and their TS3 lifestate equivalents:

PRACTICAL
- Repario = Faery Repair (Supernatural EP); Alien's Recombobulation ability (Seasons EP); Arsil's Mending spell
- Scrubbaroo = Genie ability (Showtime EP)
- Delicioso = Genie ability (SHT EP)
- Floraolio/Herbio = Faery Bloom (SN), Plantsims (University EP); Green baby dragons at the store
- Transportaiate/Homewardio = Basegame teleportation (hidden ability using testingcheatsebabled on, or the Lifetime Reward teleporation machine); Level 7+ Meditation Teleportation (World Adventures); Genie ability (SHT EP); Purple baby dragons at the store
- Copypasto: Other than the Clone Drone alchemy potion from SN, there isn't an actual ability for sims. But I always use Nraas' Debug Enabler to Clone whatever's in my sim's inventory. An easier little swish and flick animation would be cute though, sure.
- Herbio = Plantsims can be asked by other sims for random herbs (UNI EP); Green baby dragons at the store
- Homewardio = Summon (one of the Spellbook spells from the Store); Genie ability (SHT EP); Purple baby dragons at the store
- Rite of Ascension = Bottled Witch's Brew alchemy potion (SN EP)

MISCHIEF
- Despario = alchemy potion
- Delerio: IMO a much better spell is the Hypnotizer from the Store. https://store.thesims3.com/productD...&section=UpSell It hypnotizes sims and makes them act like chickens, coughing up feathers and clucking. It's far more entertaining than just making sims wander around town aimlessly (which gives me war flashbacks to turning sims into Zombies)
- Furio: alchemy potion
- Infatuate: Cupid's Arrow effect from Voodoo Doll at the Store
- Burgliate = the basegame's kleptomaniac trait, and Burglars (TS4 doesn't have Burglars last time I checked, cuz otherwise this spell is effing useless)
- Morphiate: This is the craziest RoM spell out of the bunch. The only thing that comes remotely close in TS3 is the Transmogrified thing that turns sims into gold by using the Philosopher's Stone (SN EP)
- Strangeify = IMO looks like Zombification, if TS4 had zombies. Inner Beauty prank (Faeries, SN EP)

UNTAMED
- Inferniate = Pyromaniac hidden trait for firefighters (Ambitions EP); Hot Head prank (Faeries, SN EP); Hot Foot (voodoo doll from the Store); Red Baby Dragons from Dragon Valley
- Zipzap: This is the one spell I wish we had IIRC there IS a prank where you can zap sims by shaking hands with them, but I forget where it's from. Otherwise there's a backfire effect from using the Voodoo Doll from the Store too much, which will zap your sims to death; it;'s terrifying and I love it.
- Necrocall/De-Deathify: Zombies (SN EP), Black Baby Dragons (Dragon Valley at the Store). It IS a nice special effect though, when the TS4 ghosts leave and enter their urns.
- Chilio = Ice Blast spell (SN EP)
- Minionate/Delerio = Alien's Mind Control ability (Seasons EP); Genie's Ensorcel ability (SHT EP); Hypnotizer from the Store; Vampire hypnosis (SN or Late Night added this)
- Decursify
- Duplicato = Clone Drone alchemy potion (SN EP)

RoM consolidated a lot of abilities into one pack, which is great, considering how this list shows the way EA split up everything across TS3's EPs, then had the nerve to charge us for repeated features. But on the other hand, a lot of RoM's spells it offered were just variants of things sims could already do in some other form, or shouldn't have needed a frikkin magic spell for in the first place (stealing, Delerio, etc).

IMO, having all of the Genie, More Magic Set, and Aliens adds a hefty set of additional abilities, in conjunction with making your sims Witch-Faery hybrids, to get access to both sets of magic in Supernatural. The Genies and Aliens have very nice animations and effect, I feel. I just think they were both placed in the worst EPs imaginable -- Genies should've been in World Adventures, and Aliens should have either been basegame, or in Ambitions/Pets. And don't get me started on Vampires.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 5:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by murfee
More spells are included in the More Magic set at the store, by way of the Spellbook , Magic Cauldron, Voodoo Doll, and Crystal Ball. https://store.thesims3.com/setsProd...=OFB-SIM3:46429
There's also Arsil's Mental Powers mod, which adds more abilities: https://modthesims.info/d/594231/mental-powers.html

The thing about RoM's magic spells is that a lot of them are cheats, not dissimilar from TS3's abilities found through other lifestates from TS3's expansions. So if you have other EPs, I HIGHLY recommend using Nraas' Master Controller & Hybrid mods, which allows you to create Hybrids by forcing additional occult lifestates on your Witch sims, to create Witch-Plantsim-Faery-Werewolf-Alien-Genie-Mersims (and Simbots/Plumbots). That way your sims have the full gammut of different abilities at their disposal.

TS4's RoM Spells, and their TS3 lifestate equivalents:

PRACTICAL
- Repario = Faery Repair (Supernatural EP); Alien's Recombobulation ability (Seasons EP); Arsil's Mending spell
- Scrubbaroo = Genie ability (Showtime EP)
- Delicioso = Genie ability (SHT EP)
- Floraolio/Herbio = Faery Bloom (SN), Plantsims (University EP); Green baby dragons at the store
- Transportaiate/Homewardio = Basegame teleportation (hidden ability using testingcheatsebabled on, or the Lifetime Reward teleporation machine); Level 7+ Meditation Teleportation (World Adventures); Genie ability (SHT EP); Purple baby dragons at the store
- Copypasto: Other than the Clone Drone alchemy potion from SN, there isn't an actual ability for sims. But I always use Nraas' Debug Enabler to Clone whatever's in my sim's inventory. An easier little swish and flick animation would be cute though, sure.
- Herbio = Plantsims can be asked by other sims for random herbs (UNI EP); Green baby dragons at the store
- Homewardio = Summon (one of the Spellbook spells from the Store); Genie ability (SHT EP); Purple baby dragons at the store
- Rite of Ascension = Bottled Witch's Brew alchemy potion (SN EP)

MISCHIEF
- Despario = alchemy potion
- Delerio: IMO a much better spell is the Hypnotizer from the Store. https://store.thesims3.com/productD...&section=UpSell It hypnotizes sims and makes them act like chickens, coughing up feathers and clucking. It's far more entertaining than just making sims wander around town aimlessly (which gives me war flashbacks to turning sims into Zombies)
- Furio: alchemy potion
- Infatuate: Cupid's Arrow effect from Voodoo Doll at the Store
- Burgliate = the basegame's kleptomaniac trait, and Burglars (TS4 doesn't have Burglars last time I checked, cuz otherwise this spell is effing useless)
- Morphiate: This is the craziest RoM spell out of the bunch. The only thing that comes remotely close in TS3 is the Transmogrified thing that turns sims into gold by using the Philosopher's Stone (SN EP)
- Strangeify = IMO looks like Zombification, if TS4 had zombies. Inner Beauty prank (Faeries, SN EP)

UNTAMED
- Inferniate = Pyromaniac hidden trait for firefighters (Ambitions EP); Hot Head prank (Faeries, SN EP); Hot Foot (voodoo doll from the Store); Red Baby Dragons from Dragon Valley
- Zipzap: This is the one spell I wish we had IIRC there IS a prank where you can zap sims by shaking hands with them, but I forget where it's from. Otherwise there's a backfire effect from using the Voodoo Doll from the Store too much, which will zap your sims to death; it;'s terrifying and I love it.
- Necrocall/De-Deathify: Zombies (SN EP), Black Baby Dragons (Dragon Valley at the Store). It IS a nice special effect though, when the TS4 ghosts leave and enter their urns.
- Chilio = Ice Blast spell (SN EP)
- Minionate/Delerio = Alien's Mind Control ability (Seasons EP); Genie's Ensorcel ability (SHT EP); Hypnotizer from the Store; Vampire hypnosis (SN or Late Night added this)
- Decursify
- Duplicato = Clone Drone alchemy potion (SN EP)

RoM consolidated a lot of abilities into one pack, which is great, considering how this list shows the way EA split up everything across TS3's EPs, then had the nerve to charge us for repeated features. But on the other hand, a lot of RoM's spells it offered were just variants of things sims could already do in some other form, or shouldn't have needed a frikkin magic spell for in the first place (stealing, Delerio, etc).

IMO, having all of the Genie, More Magic Set, and Aliens adds a hefty set of additional abilities, in conjunction with making your sims Witch-Faery hybrids, to get access to both sets of magic in Supernatural. The Genies and Aliens have very nice animations and effect, I feel. I just think they were both placed in the worst EPs imaginable -- Genies should've been in World Adventures, and Aliens should have either been basegame, or in Ambitions/Pets. And don't get me started on Vampires.

Y'all are the best! I'll look into the store stuff soon! I also already have the Nraas mods and they are so amazing