Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 5:21 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Problem with textures in neighborhood and in family mode
Hi! I don't find anything about my problem, maybe someone here can help me.
I have a problem with just visual part of my game, it does not influence any gameplay or crashes, etc.

About my game:
I have ultimate collection with HUGE AMOUNT of custom content. But this is not a problem, I've tried to remove everything, my problem stays.
My Win10 really did not like such old games, and I found a solution to force it work properly - https://www.xurbansimsx.com/2019/10...rk-finally.html
I did everything from instruction (4gb patch, graphics rules maker, *dll files, etc.), and my game finally works fast, without crashes, but I have some visual issues. It is not critical problem, but I will be glad if someone can help me to solve it.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 7:45 PM
Do you use DXVK? I've encountered topics that have this issue here and here. Both were resolved by going to a previous version of DXVK, however in the first link, it was stated that there is a new version of DXVK (1.7.2.) that fixes this issue.

State if this helps or not.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 9:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
Do you use DXVK? I've encountered topics that have this issue here and here. Both were resolved by going to a previous version of DXVK, however in the first link, it was stated that there is a new version of DXVK (1.7.2.) that fixes this issue.

State if this helps or not.

hi, thank you for your links! I've already had the latest version of dvxk (1.7.2), and returning to 1.7.1 did not solve my problem. I totally removed d3d9.dll from TSbin and after that I resaved one of my families and glitches disappear! I think I need to resave all families to 'clean' my neighborhood.
but I wonder now if my game will be ok without dvxk, or I should install 1.5.3 version?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 9:38 PM
update. I've tried to resave all families, and family icons became better, but I cannot 'clean' my neighborhood from 'road icons' from first screenshot.
my next step was installing dxvk version 1.5.3, and it won't fix it too. Maybe I do something wrong?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 11:40 PM
Are the 4 GB patch and graphic rules working? Can you drop in your config-log.txt file?

When I had this issue it was because my PC was underpowered for the amount of CC that I had. So also if you can find out what power supply you have. This is the most overlooked item.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#6 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 1:04 AM Last edited by mate54 : 18th Oct 2020 at 1:08 AM. Reason: Adding extra info
Version 1.7.1. is the one that seems to cause these issues, so avoid that one. Try making some changes on lots so they refresh for sure. Urban's guide is outdated, the only file you need is d3d9.dll from x32 folder, NOTHING else. Also, if TS2 uses more than 2GB of texture memory, you need to create a dxvk.conf file, and put in d3d9.maxAvailableMemory=XXXX and then put that in TSBin too. For example, d3d9.maxAvailableMemory=4096, or whatever else it is for you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Are the 4 GB patch and graphic rules working? Can you drop in your config-log.txt file?

When I had this issue it was because my PC was underpowered for the amount of CC that I had. So also if you can find out what power supply you have. This is the most overlooked item.

where I can find this file?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mate54
Version 1.7.1. is the one that seems to cause these issues, so avoid that one. Try making some changes on lots so they refresh for sure. Urban's guide is outdated, the only file you need is d3d9.dll from x32 folder, NOTHING else. Also, if TS2 uses more than 2GB of texture memory, you need to create a dxvk.conf file, and put in d3d9.maxAvailableMemory=XXXX and then put that in TSBin too. For example, d3d9.maxAvailableMemory=4096, or whatever else it is for you.

i had version 1.7.2, when it started i tried to add conf.file, but this is not fixing my issue
Field Researcher
#9 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 10:39 PM
I haven't seen any reports of those glitches with 1.7.2. until yours. You can find the log in Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Logs. If you still get those issues, even on older versions, try removing DXVK completely and use Graphics Rules Maker's Auto Detect settings. Usually, it's enough to fix the graphics, even on Windows 10, after the April update which added some more options.