Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 6:22 AM
Default What happens if you place a sim on an object then place that in someones inventory?
Is it possible? I know you can't directly move a sim in your inventory, However, if you had empty shelves then added objects on them then placed that in your inventory, that works. Let's say hypothetically it's possible. The real task is seeing if you move the sim out with the sim in your inventory and then move them to a new lot then, take out the sim on the object. I can't help thinking this would cause a time paradox. I mean the system would just self implode.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 6:28 AM
There's nothing really paradoxical about this, I'm sure the sim would probably just be treated as visitor if they didn't belong to the household. What might be weird is if you wound up with multiple instances of the same sim doing this, like if you put a household member into inventory, or if the sim just happened to already be on the lot at the time, or if you used the glitch that allows you to duplicate items. Then the sim might wind up getting a met self memory, which would probably be bad.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 7:26 AM
I would consider the met self glitch very paradoxical. You see the way I see it, The lot isn't going to consider the additional family household member, so I could see the visitor being its default condition, like townie? It will either do one of two things, either it will reset that household member, or it will accept the current inventory state. It may even go half way and remove the sim from the object in the inventory.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 7:37 AM
I don't think you can do that actually. If a sim sits on a chair and you move the chair away, the sim will sit in empty air. It's not like for example a sink and a counter that actually can be moved as a combined object.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 7:39 AM
A sim instance is just another object. I do believe the game does try to delete multiple instances of the same sim if it finds them, though.