Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#401 Old 17th Jun 2012 at 12:27 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 17th Jun 2012 at 1:18 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Silverprinz
OK, so I am going to fire one off then:

You have a tutorial posted for modding TS3 hair to fit TSM which requires resizing to fit the smaller heads, I get that. What I do not get is that I see posts that say you can transform TS3 clothing to work with TSM and referring back to this tutorial for the hair. I fail to understand the connection between one and the other, especially since from what I understand it does not require the clothing to be resized to work with TSM. Actually from what I have found through experimentation is that you can put TS3 hair directly into TSM and it will display except that as said it is oversized by a little bit. TS3 clothing on the other hand I have not ever got to work in the game at all. So please explain to me what I am missing?

Clothing is converted in the same way as hair, but from my experience, only full body meshes will show. There are some full outfits that don't include the feet and they won't show, but if you can find ones that have everything they will display.....but like hair they need resized. There's a split in the neck in game when wearing them, and some outfits will bend the arms very unnaturally behind the back. The ones that work best will leave only a slight crick in the arms, but all have the gap where the neck should meet the body. The ones that are most likely to work are the long dresses, and a lot of the clothing becomes shiny too.

These are the 2 that worked best for me.
Both dresses are from 'All About Style' The brown one lost a lot of texture detail in the conversion though.
That split in the neck becomes larger when they look up

If you're interested in meshing though, Grim has an excellent tutorial here to help get you started: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=457495
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#402 Old 17th Jun 2012 at 3:02 PM
Thank you very much. I got all this time on my hands right now anyhow so I may as well put some of it to use. Hopefully I am not too dumb to follow the directions.
Scholar
#403 Old 17th Jun 2012 at 6:27 PM
Thank you very much. I got all this time on my hands right now anyhow so I may as well put some of it to use. Hopefully I am not too dumb to follow the directions.

I'm sure you will do just fine. It can be confusing at first, but please don't give up. Grim will help with any questions you have or difficulties you come across, like he already said in another thread (incase that sounds like I'm randomly volunteering his services lol) and not that I think I'll be any help where meshing is concerned, but if I know the answer I'll reply to any post in that section. I'm sure Grim will pick me up if what I say is retarded.....which it most likely will be
We're in serious need of someone to make or alter meshes, so I'm sure everyone appreciates that you're just willing to give it a try. I know I do
Test Subject
#404 Old 17th Jun 2012 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by goyahaslegs
Sorry if this is a really dumb question or in the wrong thread although it was discussed here. Can anyone help me? Like so many of you I'm desperate to edit the children. I have installed the Enabler by the fabulous Rick [ thank you so much] everything works perfectly except this cheat. I've tried every option I could think of with shift, right click, no help screen, help screen writing testingcheatsenabled which it doesn't identify. What am I doing wrong? I have windows XP and seriously want this to work to the point that this is the quest I'm doing - not the games ..... help please!

Typing in testingcheatsenabled in the bar doesn't work in TSM. You have to go to a folder in computer/program files/The Sims Medieval/Game Data/Shared/NonPackaged/Ini (these are the order of the folders that the file is in x.x) and there is a file called Commands. Open the property by right click and uncheck read-only. You have to open it with Notepad now and in it you see testingcheatsenabled = 0 and a warning message saying if you changed anything to this file it might result in the game not working. Don't worry about it though xP Change testingcheatsenabled = 1 and save in another folder then copy and replace it back into the folder you found it in. Also put the extension .ini when you save it or it won't become the right file type.

This website shows you how to do all of that in details for Macs and PCs
http://www.carls-sims-medieval-guide.com/cheats.php
Test Subject
#405 Old 17th Jun 2012 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by calisims
Thanks. I don't think I've played a Sim with Whale Ate my Parents. What do you do to not ignore that trait? Is there some kind of 'complain about whale' interaction?

You have to go on a whale hunt or scream at the sea 0.0 It was hilarious xD
Test Subject
#406 Old 17th Jun 2012 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Man1968
I couldn´t agree more with Le Carrera. There are some annoying features of the game, but we can live with them. But that constant entering of Sims in every bedroom (even the king's or queen´s) is too much. When I´m playing the queen, I send them to the stocks and leave them there for the duration. Unfortunately there are only three.

Also, with the queen, knight or spy, I have challenged a few to death, when possible. It is satisfying to teach them manners and make sure they don´t do it again.

Um left clicking on the ground gives you the privacy option to set for that room (private to owner, to owners household, public, etc.) and there is no cheats for this you just click on the room floor. You could have set the queen's room or bathroom private to her only or her household this way. There are certain objects like the throne and tactic map which has to be public but you could still make the room private anyway.
Test Subject
#407 Old 17th Jun 2012 at 11:30 PM
Well a lot of things I'll say is more for EA to add to this game as Expansion b/c I think it's too big for any mods D: but I have some mod ideas too xD

- Make the village accessible and that you can go through it and also new professions such as a peasant and sheperds (actual sheep herders that collects wool and not the Peteran Priest) and farmers and then make them being able to plant food and such. Planting should be brought back in, but limited to only a few sims (such as wizard, farmers, etc.) The village can be a loadable area like in in Sims 2 with the loading screen? It's annoying but it would be ok for me I'm actually kinda serious about this b/c TSM seems to be missing the most important heros which are the peasants and farmers (well they can be non-hero too) and have a controllable town/village.

- Also make the foreign territories accessible too through an expansion pack 0.0 and maybe you can play in different countries at different times too.

- There should be new spells made with many different combinations. Like elemental attack spells that look really flashy (maybe new moodlets for these spells? like electrocuted or windblown hair or something) or spells that are just there for show and gives the dazzled moodlet. I think these should definitely be modded xD

- The option to fire the servant, and other NCP (maybe the advisor) being able to choose the new one? Like a window that randomizes the servant and you can choose the gender like the heroes window? I don't want to throw him in the pit and then a new one looks worse. Or I can just keep firing the servants until the one that I like shows up xD

- I'd like a build mode here too, just the wall tool and the doors in-game be made available? My merchant is too rich I have nothing to do with her money, plus the merchant is the richest sim and I can't have a tiny house and looks right with all the money I have.

- Oh yea and then maybe you can come across spells through researching. The spells I have are too limited and I'm not going to guess the runes for other spells.

- a mod for the cabbage soup, because it's the cheapest item and cabbage soup is a well-known dish

- there should be a mod for mining in the cave, and I can get different types or ores and gems there periodically.

- omg and we should be able to eat apples and other fruits raw like that with limited hunger gain (like 1/2 or 1/3) because it makes more sense and it Fits the story better like that too.

- Maybe the merchant can buy foreign goods with simoles instead of trading

- I'd also like to build on community lots like the townsquare, but it resets and all of my decor disappears once I've done a quest that requires different decorations to the townsquare. The forest clearing and the beach does the same thing too. I want to be able to choose the default decors for those lots and other public ones. A mod should be made for this xD

- also a mod for choosing different hero accounts when builld/buy in public places. SOmetimes I think it's just better to fund the training ground from the kinght's account instead of the royal treasury.

- using spoons when sims are eating? It doesn't sound good to eat soup with your fingers I guess it was meant to be medieval but I think spoons wer used then (wood spoons if not metal)

- maybe a mod to make the servant lives in the castle along w the build master and advisor and make them used the beds that I put there for them. It's like I left it there and those NCPs never uses it D:

And then Too many other things others have mentioned so I don't need to put it here xD
Field Researcher
#408 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 1:27 AM Last edited by Silverprinz : 18th Jun 2012 at 1:53 AM. Reason: added "Back to topic:"
ChickieTeeta, I used to do a lot of meshing in TS1 so am not totally a neeb to it.. it should only be a matter of learning the new proceedures and tools. I also did 3d modelling with Autodesk Inventor before my layoff, so got some of the basics I need to run with this. I am definately going to give this a try. I think I will stick to hair at first until I get my sea legs so to speak.
===
Back to topic:
I had this thought, but I do not know if it is possible. It would be cool, now that we have with PN one male and one female skin each of which have tatts -- it would be so cool if someone could find a way for their tatts to not fall off when they go to bed or otherwise get naked. Just a thought, call it dreaming if you like.
Scholar
#409 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 3:04 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 18th Jun 2012 at 6:57 PM.
ChickieTeeta, I used to do a lot of meshing in TS1 so am not totally a neeb to it.. it should only be a matter of learning the new proceedures and tools. I also did 3d modelling with Autodesk Inventor before my layoff, so got some of the basics I need to run with this. I am definately going to give this a try. I think I will stick to hair at first until I get my sea legs so to speak.
===
Back to topic:
I had this thought, but I do not know if it is possible. It would be cool, now that we have with PN one male and one female skin each of which have tatts -- it would be so cool if someone could find a way for their tatts to not fall off when they go to bed or otherwise get naked. Just a thought, call it dreaming if you like.

I wasn't implying you were a noob (I am, especially where meshing is concerned), you just sounded so unsure of yourself, that I wanted to say something nice to encourage and support you, I apologize if it came across any other way.

Even better if you actually know what you're doing. We've been dying for someone to make meshes for ever......and you can answer my questions instead

I think tattoos can be made and then put under blusher or one of the other make up sections, but don't quote me on that. I moved the wings for females to one of the makeup sections, so I'd imagine tattoos could be done in the same way.
Scholar
#410 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 7:28 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 18th Jun 2012 at 7:41 PM.
@Maye_Roue: I'm with you on most of these. I'd be happy with a load screen to new areas. I'd love the village to be accessible, and for new heroes, and definitely planting if not farming, since it was a huge part of that era.

I actually thought the first EP would give access to one of the territories until they officially released info on it. They could've churned out loads of EP's based on the map territories alone. Would have loved to have seen TickTop, Effenmont and Aarbyville.

I always wanted to be able to fire servants and Royal Advisors too, I just make do with overhauling them with Edit in CAS now.

Lack of build tools doesn't bother me too much, but walls, doors and half walls would be a real bonus, even the ability to move existing doors and place them elsewhere would be cool.
Half walls might be do-able if objects ever get remeshed, and fake walls would probably be do-able too.

My wizard gets spells from reading certain bookcase books, but I don't play the wizard often, so don't know if this has always been there or something that came with P&N.

The non-eating of edible raw ingredients I always found strange as well.

The knights belonged to the Monarch anyway, so I have no problem with the Royal Treasury being used as this is how it should be.

LOL totally with you on the spoons. Gruel through fingers, gross.
I think it's a take on the image of Henry VIII eating with his hands though.... I think this is EA's idea of a joke.

I know! I put beds in for the Royal Advisors too, ages back, but they still slept on the benches in the castle garden. Guess they're hobos at heart :P

I guess in a way you should be glad it pulls your decor out to place the quest decor. If it didn't you'd have a problem, and once you discovered the problem you wouldn't want to build on those lots at all, so at least you can decorate till the area is needed. It's got to be better than never being able to decorate in those places at all.
Field Researcher
#411 Old 19th Jun 2012 at 10:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
I wasn't implying you were a noob (I am, especially where meshing is concerned), you just sounded so unsure of yourself, that I wanted to say something nice to encourage and support you, I apologize if it came across any other way.

Even better if you actually know what you're doing. We've been dying for someone to make meshes for ever......and you can answer my questions instead

I think tattoos can be made and then put under blusher or one of the other make up sections, but don't quote me on that. I moved the wings for females to one of the makeup sections, so I'd imagine tattoos could be done in the same way.

No need to apologize, I took no offense by what you said only took it as encouragement. What I am unsure of is the proceedures and some of the new tools involved but I will get up to speed.
Field Researcher
#412 Old 19th Jun 2012 at 10:28 AM
I made two posts since I changed subject, hope that does not upset anyone. What I wanted to say is we would not need new walls if those stupid useless partitions they gave us actually worked. I mean, come on, what is the use of putting up a privacy partition when the game refuses to recognize the area as having privacy. To begin with I thought no problem, I will just partition off my bedroom quarters. Then I tried a woohoo and found out the partitions do not work at all. Since they block your view and make it harder to click on your sims but do absolutely nothing else I never use them now and sell off the ones that are put there if I use a pre-decorated castle. The game may as well not even have the stupid things since they are useless. It bugs me.
Lab Assistant
#413 Old 23rd Jun 2012 at 3:24 AM Last edited by Iam4ever : 23rd Jun 2012 at 6:07 AM.
I would like an option a long the lines of "Put away all of x", with x being anything from books to food.

Also A mod that keeps all the sims from getting up, milling about and bothering other Sims during Sermons, pisses me of soooo much, you have no idea.

Maybe some more color/ style options for the castle, I've seen some and used them but nothing I've really liked

Speaking of the castle I would also love to see one were if you select the castle it loads all the rooms from Barack's to the Assassin tower and every thing in between

ALSO,

Legend of Zelda themed Items, hairs and clothing
Field Researcher
#414 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 2:10 AM Last edited by Silverprinz : 24th Jun 2012 at 2:12 AM. Reason: to fix my usual typos
Here is one that really bugs me which I would like to see fixed. Why in the hey can you send your kid to the store but you can not send your servant or your spouse? It totally gets me that my Monarch has to go off to the store for some stupid little thing needed to complete a quest or do an obligation while the better half and the servant lay about the house wasting time, chatting, living the life of a king... disgusting. It is bad enough the servant is so lazy (consistently) that the beds go unmade and the empty bowls do not get picked up... sure something I say. You would think that EA could have given us this at least, I mean do we not patiently put up with all the ridiculous route fails that cause us to need to babysit our heros constantly to be sure they actually do some of what we order them to do? So if someone can actually set the game right a bit by modding it so we can send these family sim units to the store at least I will symbollically kiss your feet and declare you a mod god and name my next sim baby after you no matter what gender it turns out to be.
Test Subject
#415 Old 28th Jun 2012 at 9:08 PM
I would LOVE to see a Legend Of Zelda mod. Something so you can make Princess Zelda, Link, and all the mainstream Hylian/fae characters from the game. Nothing too complicated like the zoras or gorons or anything. I have tried looking for such things here on this site but have come up empty handed so please mod creators if you have the time make some of these things. =^-^=
It would be much appreciated and I will love you forever! lol

I have awesome LOZ mods for Sims 2 but I would LOVE to have them in this game because - CASTLES! Heck yeah this would make a perfect combination.

Another thing I would like to see done for Sims Medieval is some furry character mods/anthro animal mods mostly for bunnies like bunny ears and bunny tails and all kinds of colors for them like white, black, grey and such. I have my wonderful bunny family mod on my Sims 2 but I would love to also have them on my Sims Medieval. ;3
Test Subject
#416 Old 28th Jun 2012 at 11:41 PM
Actually... if I did want to do some simple reskins so there are some more fantastical options for skin tones, would I be able to do it without putting things in packages? I mean, if I had the DDS files labeled the same as the current skins and placed in the mod folder but not the packages folder, would the game be able to read them? Civ 4 would read the textures outside its PAK files on its own if they were in the right folder paths and named correctly...
It'd be a bit trickier for me anyway, since I haven't got the mac package editor to read things adequately to actually find and use the current skin files or even to figure out the right names. I'd probably have to get the original skin files from someone else. And I've yet to find a photoshop plugin for reading and saving the right filetypes on a mac, so I'd have to do the converting in gimp on the old family computer.

So, basically- can it be done without putting things in packages? If so, I'm on it, but if not... oh well, default skins for me.
Field Researcher
#417 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 1:28 AM
I do not know Cuniculosa if what you are asking will work or not, it sure would be interesting if you were to try it. I think this thread would help you get started:
default female skin tones

From those you should be able to get the correct names and go from that.
Test Subject
#418 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 2:17 AM
Silverprinz- Thanks for the tip, but they're still in a package file, and I still can't get the filenames from that. I've only found one pkg reader that's supposed to work on a mac, and it doesn't read the filenames properly- possibly because it was built for Sims3 instead of Medieval? I can probably base my skins on those, but I'd still need the filenames.

Edit- and the package viewer I have is only seeing one dds and a host of 'unknown type.' Are the skins not dds files?
Field Researcher
#419 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cuniculosa
Silverprinz- Thanks for the tip, but they're still in a package file, and I still can't get the filenames from that. I've only found one pkg reader that's supposed to work on a mac, and it doesn't read the filenames properly- possibly because it was built for Sims3 instead of Medieval? I can probably base my skins on those, but I'd still need the filenames.

Edit- and the package viewer I have is only seeing one dds and a host of 'unknown type.' Are the skins not dds files?

======

OK, deap cleansing breath, then we begin:
1) As you say, you may have a file there to begin from
2) I too have found it impossible to do anything with this game, it crashes often, it caused one of my machines to crap out and it will not run at all on the other one,,, and I run PC's so do not feel specially persecuted because you run a mac. I totally agree with you that it is a terrible situation there are so few actual program tools to use specific to this game but since adapting to use sims3 tools is the way of things, just buck up and do that.
3) I cannot specifically address your issues with the package files as I have had unresolved problems of my own. I can not get answers so I gave up, no use if you do not understand and those who say they do will not help you. What I was trying to do however is point you in a direction where possible aide might be found. Since the person who made that thread has discovered those files I had hoped maybe they could explain to you how to crack the packages and get to them. Beyond that I can offer nothing and I do ask your indulgence for my having taken up your time.
===
OK, another cleansing breath now and smile.
Scholar
#420 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 7:27 PM
Here is one that really bugs me which I would like to see fixed. Why in the hey can you send your kid to the store but you can not send your servant or your spouse? It totally gets me that my Monarch has to go off to the store for some stupid little thing needed to complete a quest or do an obligation while the better half and the servant lay about the house wasting time, chatting, living the life of a king... disgusting. It is bad enough the servant is so lazy (consistently) that the beds go unmade and the empty bowls do not get picked up... sure something I say. You would think that EA could have given us this at least, I mean do we not patiently put up with all the ridiculous route fails that cause us to need to babysit our heros constantly to be sure they actually do some of what we order them to do? So if someone can actually set the game right a bit by modding it so we can send these family sim units to the store at least I will symbollically kiss your feet and declare you a mod god and name my next sim baby after you no matter what gender it turns out to be.

I looked through the files around the time I made no jealousy to see if the servant could be made to go to the store, but I couldn't see anything that could be easily changed. I'm sure something like this requires something way beyond my limited abilities. This is a pet peeve of mine as well, I don't see the monarch doing it, and who sends the heir to the throne on a trek to the shop with no security with them, especially when there are servants around who could be doing that job instead.....maybe it breaches the servant's health and safety contract
Field Researcher
#421 Old 5th Jul 2012 at 9:00 PM Last edited by Silverprinz : 8th Jul 2012 at 2:35 AM. Reason: added text since mine was last post so far
That servant's health and safety contract must be something like the builder's all the booze I can swill contract, eh?
====(rather than bump myself, I will just edit this below
A couple of mods I would like to see (file under pet peeves) are:
1) I would like to be able to get a drink out of a pitcher in inventory like you can get a meal from a large meal, without removing the pitcher first in other words. Or, failing that, a mod to at least put the pitcher wherever I am so my drunks can get a needed drink. The way it is now is ridiculous, say my blacksmith brews up some ale and draws a pitcher. {S}he then has to take the pitcher to a table and then from there, after fighting off all the other drunks who want to drink it all before it gets put away, put it into inventory. Then she goes off prospecting, and gets the urge for a drink, her motive goes down and since by now she is maybe tired too it can stop her working at all. So now she has to return to the smithy and put the pitcher back on the same table where she took it from before she can get a drink. It is disgusting to me that it is like this and I absolutely do not know what EA was thinking to make the game like this.
2) Since I like the 3 day no spoil mod but it no longer works for me I would like one that does??? I have no idea why it does not work, probably a conflict or something but I miss it... spoiled food in inventory is disgusting.
Test Subject
#422 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 10:32 PM
I'd really like to be able to have hero sims married to the Monarch have some of the Monarch's interactions and responsibilities. I saw earlier someone mention something called debugenabler which you can use to turn NPCs into heros, making it possible to have multiple heros of the same kind. Does anyone know if I'd be able to use that on my hero sim to change her into a monarch?

I don't know how this would be possible, but I really want some form of non-violent death. I really hate that every time I want a new Hero I have to make them get poisoned or killed. I know death by old age is pretty impossible in this game, but maybe something like a fatal disease?

Another thing I'd like is having the servant spend the night in the castle, I'm so tired of her not being there when my Monarchs hungry!! She always seems to leave for the day just before he gets the hungry buff!!

Also this is a bit off topic, but does leaving testing cheats on have negative effects in this game? I remember it did in the sims 2 so I've been wary of using it (I really want to unlock the Monarch outfits and hair for the King's new wife!)
I'm new to mods and I don't understand whats possible yet, so sorry if these are impossible to do!
Test Subject
#423 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 10:55 PM
the mods i preferably would like to see are either raised levels so that a prolonged playthrough can be just as fun. so that you're eventually closer to "done" when maxed out

also if people love adding new rabbit hole additions. Fun randoms , fun rewards etc. I'd love stuff like that ^^

great initiatives on this site guys, too bad EA kicked it out for more crappy stuff instead of polishing excisting games
Field Researcher
#424 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 6:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tokyorabbit
I'd really like to be able to have hero sims married to the Monarch have some of the Monarch's interactions and responsibilities. I saw earlier someone mention something called debugenabler which you can use to turn NPCs into heros, making it possible to have multiple heros of the same kind. Does anyone know if I'd be able to use that on my hero sim to change her into a monarch?

===
Here is how:
1) Put Grim's Core into your mods folder
2) From the menu ingame, bring up "options"
3) You will notice there is an additional tab for this mod, open it
4) You will see some text boxes - one is labeled "debug enabler" - click it and this will put a check mark in the box.
==
Now you will have additional options available for all interactions... one of them is "set profession on sim" - this is the one that will do what you are looking for here.
Test Subject
#425 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 1:29 AM
There is one mod I really need and one I'd like to have.
The one I need is the ability to set a home. I had my female merchant marry Trader Andrew. Now their home is the rabbithole village despite me trying everything I could think of to make the merchant home their home. I had them sleep in the bed, woohoo there, fix food at her house and still he keeps wanting to leave to go "home" to the village and she wants to go with him when she's tired. .... Although, I have a question...Using Grim's Core... if I made him a merchant too, would he then think that was his home? That might be a work around.

The one I'd like to have is the ability to make twins at least, if not triplets. But that would be just a fun one, not a needed one.
Page 17 of 23