Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

LotAdjuster 2.8 (Updated Jan 31, 2010)

by Mootilda Posted 19th Apr 2008 at 4:40 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 3:31 PM by Nysha

488 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 479 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 18 of 20
Test Subject
#426 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 8:28 AM
[CENTER][LEFT]
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
I'm not familiar with MACs, but my understanding is that this would require a complete rewrite, so it's not really feasible.

However, some people run Windows on their MAC, or have a separate machine in their house that is running Windows. If so, you can just run Phase 1 of the adjustment on Windows and run Phase 2 using your game installed on the MAC.
ya srry...but how do i use this?....im kinda new
with the modder stuff..
Test Subject
#427 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 8:29 AM
like plz i realy need 2 know how how to use this thing!im realy
Site Helper
Original Poster
#428 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 7:15 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 7th Apr 2009 at 1:42 AM.
Here is a tutorial for expanding a lot:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showpost...3&postcount=410

Here are my notes for adjusting a lot created on the MAC:
http://www.modthesims2.com/download...763#post2035763

If you need additional information, then I need to know more about what you are trying to accomplish.

By the way, you shouldn't double post (two posts in a row). Just use the "Edit" button to add information to your existing post.
#429 Old 12th Apr 2009 at 4:15 AM
I can`t seem to find a post announcing the new v2.6, but I don`t seem to have it already -- you seem to have posted the new version while I was off-line because of a dead computer -- so I downloaded it for my new system. Thank you.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Forum Resident
#430 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 2:36 PM
@Mootilda, thank you! - without doubt this is an extremely useful utility for TS-2, but I wonder have you considered a version for Life/Pet/Castaway Stories at all?.

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Site Helper
Original Poster
#431 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 7:05 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 22nd Apr 2009 at 3:39 AM.
I believe that this works for Life Stories and Pet Stories as is, since they basically use the TS2 game engine. Just use the Browse button to navigate to the correct neighborhood package.

Can anyone confirm that this works? There may even be a post or two in this thread, if you search.

Castaway Stories is a bit more work, but might be do-able. I believe that the two major issues are the larger neighborhood size and the difference in the format of the Lot Description. I could certainly investigate this.

However, right now I'm finishing off ConvertiWall. This utility creates foundation roofs and will also convert Numenor's unlevel walls to regular walls so that creators can use unlevel walls for building without requiring downloaders to install special walls.

Then, I want to get the GridAdjuster finished. This utility allows people to change the grid elevations on a lot without using the ConstrainFloorElevation cheat. Hopefully, it will make it much easier to create modern homes, along with true basements using the new tutorial: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=326029

So, it's unlikely that I could get around to Castaway Stories until after The Sims 3 ships. Of course, if TS3 is unpopular, then there should be ample time to get this working.
Alchemist
#432 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 3:54 AM
Here's hoping TS3 is an awful flop...
Test Subject
#433 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 11:11 PM
Is there a forum somewhere else where users could ask/help each other with this amazing tool?

I'm wondering if I could use the LotAdjuster to raise the elevation of a foundation, after the building has been finished? I'd like to add lit basements to some of my favourite lots, but they were built with standard 4-click foundations. I'm probably overlooking some other building trick, but I'd appreciate a shove in the right direction for how to accomplish this without re-building the entire lot.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#434 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 12:06 AM
No, the LotAdjuster doesn't change elevations. However, I believe that you can raise an entire building using the ConstrainFloorElevation cheat.
Test Subject
#435 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
No, the LotAdjuster doesn't change elevations. However, I believe that you can raise an entire building using the ConstrainFloorElevation cheat.

Thank you, Mootilda. I'll go off and experiment -- I'm sorry to have bothered you about something so little, and so irrelevant. I do use all your tools more often than SimPE now, and I'm very excited about the new CFE tool in development. I don't play CS but I too pray TS3 takes off like a brick, so we can have more tools like yours.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#436 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 3:26 AM
I know what you mean. TS2 needed so much effort by modders to make it work well, I'm not looking forward to using another vanilla EA game.
Test Subject
#437 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 10:14 PM
Thanks
Field Researcher
#438 Old 24th May 2009 at 2:23 AM
Thanks so much for this wonderful tool! I can now upload my unlevel lot!
Test Subject
#439 Old 25th May 2009 at 6:03 PM
i have to say thank you so much for this... i just downloaded it because a designer house im building would not fit on the biggest lot... thank you thank you thank you... my Franklin l Wright "Robbie House" will be built...
Instructor
#440 Old 28th May 2009 at 7:55 PM
Will the LotAdjuster work on my computer without downoading Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0? I tried to download it from Microsoft as you stated it is required to run LotAdjuster, and the loading page from Microsoft said that file isn't supported on a 64-bit system, which I have - a new HP desktop with Windows Visa 64-bit... I really think your program would be very useful, especially for taking existing small lots and expanding them to fit a garage...

goderguy
Site Helper
Original Poster
#441 Old 28th May 2009 at 9:54 PM
goderguy, if you have Vista 64-bit, you should have .NET already installed. Some people have had problems running the LotAdjuster on Vista, but many people run without any problem at all. So, my only suggestion is to try it and see what happens.
Instructor
#442 Old 29th May 2009 at 1:14 AM
Thanks for the quick reply! I will try it tonight. Thanks a bunch for this awesome tool! I have always thought "I would use this lot/house if only the yard were larger..."

goderguy
Test Subject
#443 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 11:53 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/qntclw.png

I keep on getting this when I hitstart
Sorry if this has already been answered, 18 pages is a lot D:
Site Helper
Original Poster
#444 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 1:07 AM
For some reason, your operating system (windows? vista?) is unable to find the SimPE DLLs.

Do you have .NET installed correctly? Did you extract all files from the zip into a directory, so that the SimPE DLLs are in the same directory as the EXE?
Test Subject
#445 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wtfffkelly
http://i42.tinypic.com/qntclw.png

I keep on getting this when I hitstart
Sorry if this has already been answered, 18 pages is a lot D:

i was having this problem to. but then i fixed it. i had all the files (exe as well) in a folder in my program files, and the exe on the desktop. i was opening the folder on the desktop and i came up with this error. but when i tryed opening it from the folder in program files it worked no problem. try opening in from the folder

thankyou this is great!

~blahblahsims2blah~

The interest is always lost in the blah...blah....blah....
Eat, Sleep, SIM!
#446 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 8:46 PM
You could put a shortcut on your desktop, instead of the executable itself. Works like a charm and saves disk space besides. [That`s what shortcuts are FOR, ya know. ]

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
#447 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 7:32 AM
Thanks for your wonderful program.I don't like any "free space" among the houses, I mean one house, right after the other, no empty spaces on the lots, so can I mke this with the houses in my neighborhood? if so, how?Soeey for my bad English.

Btw: can you not make a sculpture of your avatar, to use in my game? it's gorgeous!Thanks a lot
Site Helper
Original Poster
#448 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 4:17 PM
Here is a tutorial for creating houses with no space between them:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=286909

Is that what you want?

For the avatar, check out this site. I believe that this is where I found it:
http://tux.crystalxp.net/

I know nothing about creating objects, so making a sculpture would be as difficult for me as it would be for you.
Test Subject
#449 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 4:15 PM
Thanks Mootilda for your answer.I do appreciate your help.Thanks very much.
Top Secret Researcher
#450 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 8:25 PM
Thanks, all your warnings (mainly corrupt lots) are making me worried more, but I might download it when I REALLY want a bigger lot for pre-made Maxis lots.
Page 18 of 20