Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 4:51 AM
Default American Horror Story
I was kinda surprised no one posted one of these Any fans here at all?

BTW if you are I'm saying right now I'm a passionate Tate/Violet fan you have been warned but feel free to post if your not. :D
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 1:10 PM
OMG, I LOVE this show. last night's episode, when the babies were born, was very good, not as scary as the week before, though. And i am not a Violet fan, though I felt sorry for her last night. it was kind of funny that she was afraid to tell her parents she was dead.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#3 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 2:38 PM Last edited by RoseCity : 15th Dec 2011 at 4:01 PM.
It's my favorite show. Thought about starting a thread, but didn't know if anyone else watched. That house is becoming very crowded, but there always seems to be room for one more.
What is wrong with Ben? Strange things have been happening to him, but he never seems to acknowledge them. Has the house affected his brain? And now it's really too late.
There seems to be some significance in the fact that Tate was Ben's patient - because in an earlier episode, Constance told Tate that he had to continue as a patient iirc, and it never became clear why. And then last night, Violet asked him point blank why he became a patient in the first place, knowing that he was dead and all and he said that he needed help, but he seemed evasive or confused.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 9:55 PM
I don't know about Ben; I've been wondering about that since his casual acceptance of Hayden's continued existence in the house.

Did I hear them say that next week is the season finale? They have a lot yet to explain. But, they do a good job of explaining things every week, so I'm sure all will be made clear.

Meanwhile, it's a good thing ghosts don't take up physical space or they'd be standing on top of each other.

Hey, do you think the stillborn baby was already dead, or died at birth, in the house?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 12:33 AM Last edited by RoseCity : 16th Dec 2011 at 12:46 AM.
That's a good question about the baby - I was just assuming he/she died in the house because Nora went off with him/her, but I'm not sure.
Something I thought of today for the first time - how did Constance (and Addie) get off the property and move next door without being added to the ghost roster?
Yes, next week is the season finale - I'll be sorry when it's over.
I'm counting 24 ghosts, not counting Vivian's baby, and counting Vivian and Violet - does that sound right?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 12:54 AM
idk I haven't counted them. I got 28, counting the baby.

I'm only wondering about the baby because the the dark haired gay guy was upset and said they weren't getting a baby after all. That didn't make sense either way because one baby was alive, if that's what he wanted, and the other was dead. Looked like one of those would have made him happy.
I'm guessing Constance, being more evil than the ghosts, was safe. idk, she just doesn't seem to have a problem interacting with them at all, does she. Maybe killing her husband was her offering to the house, or something.

Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 2:12 AM
Glad to see I'm not alone here and I also am wondering about the still born baby I also want a good look at the live baby they said it was beautiful but the tech at the hospital had a wiggins when she saw it so I waondering whats going on there.

I also Have a theory about tate I'm probably wrong but it seem as if he has some split personaly issues its like he has one dominant personality the psyco killer rapist who was created by the house and the decent human being who likes bird books and violet.

Ben is likely just under the control of the house much in the way others have been he just starting to crack.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 3:24 AM
Didn't the woman who did the ultrasound say the baby had hooves or something? I can't remember now - so much happens.
I was sad that Vivien died - I sort of hoped that she would be able to escape.

Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
I'm only wondering about the baby because the the dark haired gay guy was upset and said they weren't getting a baby after all. That didn't make sense either way because one baby was alive, if that's what he wanted, and the other was dead. Looked like one of those would have made him happy.

I think what happened was when Tate was getting the ring from Patrick and Patrick was beating him up and he said that when Tate killed him, he (Patrick) was about to leave Chad because he was in love with someone else. And Chad heard him. So that's why he no longer wanted the twins. So attempting to do the spell did kind of work, just in an unexpected way.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#9 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 8:52 AM
The ultrasound tech at the hospital did say that - but Vivien would have had other ultrasounds by her regular doctor (the blonde one) as well as in the institution to check the babies' progress. At 6 months they do a standard detailed overall ultrasound to check length of the bones to see the size, head circumference, heart and brain structures, etc., so if the baby had hooves I think they'd be able to see it.

But, then, medical accuracy is not something this show excels at; the immediate cutting the cord with both Violet and the twins is not how it's done.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 11:41 AM
I'd forgotten all about the hooves thing. I hope they explain that.

Tate does seem to be a bit confused about things. He didn't seem to know he was dead there for awhile, and he seems honestly unaware why anyone would be angry with him.
I've been wondering who Ben thought Tate's mom was. He called someone he thought was Tate's mom (not Constance) to tell her he couldn't treat Tate anymore when he discovered Tate wanted to be with Violet.

Mad Poster
#11 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
The ultrasound tech at the hospital did say that - but Vivien would have had other ultrasounds by her regular doctor (the blonde one) as well as in the institution to check the babies' progress. At 6 months they do a standard detailed overall ultrasound to check length of the bones to see the size, head circumference, heart and brain structures, etc., so if the baby had hooves I think they'd be able to see it.

But, then, medical accuracy is not something this show excels at; the immediate cutting the cord with both Violet and the twins is not how it's done.

That's true - especially because of the twins she would probably have had multiple ultrasounds.
I think when I gave birth the cord was cut immediately, but that was 20 years ago, and things were undoubtedly different then. I remember I went into each labor having made all these requests and arrangements and somehow every time something totally different would happen.
The whole birth thing was over the top with the doctor and nurses being dead and the large baby and Constance there waiting to snatch him up.
retired moderator
#12 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 5:32 PM
Huh, apparently some doctors do cut it immediately - I was under the impression that they always wait till it's done pulsating (which feels SO weird). That's what my midwives did when my kiddo was born. But yeah, definitely would have had multiple ultrasounds - the doctor in the institution couldn't have known that the bigger baby was ready to come out unless they'd done a very detailed ultrasound.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Mad Poster
#13 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 7:57 PM
at her age she would also have had amnio, which should have picked up some weird readings from big, hooved(?), evil baby, I would think. But I must admit my experience with evil pregnancies is somewhat limited.

Mad Poster
#14 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PhenethyaSim
Ben is likely just under the control of the house much in the way others have been he just starting to crack.

I have to keep reminding myself that probably no one in that house, be it living person or ghost, is acting like themselves.
I loved the scene with Vivien and Violet when Violet said she was sorry that she lost the baby and Vivien said that she didn't lose her baby (Violet).
I have a feeling it's going to one hell of a season finale. Also I realized that Constance moved next door twice.
retired moderator
#15 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 12:46 AM
I heard an interesting theory about the ghosts elsewhere - that they are essentially amplified versions of their living personalities. So Violet is SuperAngstyTeen, Hayden is extra crazy-horny, Tate is totally bugnuts delusional, the blonde doctor's wife chick is super baby crazy, the gay couple are intensely at each other's throats, Moira is even more slutty, etc... Makes me wonder how Vivien will be.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 2:23 AM
Does anyone have any theories about Marcy, the realtor? Was it ever explained why she said she was sending a 'fluffer' to stage the house and then no living fluffer ever showed up - only Chad?
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#17 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 8:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
Didn't the woman who did the ultrasound say the baby had hooves or something? I can't remember now - so much happens.
I was sad that Vivien died - I sort of hoped that she would be able to escape.

Did she specifically say anything about the baby having hooves? I thought that all she said was that she had seen the Antichrist. Either way, I guess it'll be explained in the finale. And I agree, I had been pulling for Vivien too! She struck me as the fighter of the family, and I thought that she had the best chance of making it out of the house in one piece.

Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I heard an interesting theory about the ghosts elsewhere - that they are essentially amplified versions of their living personalities. So Violet is SuperAngstyTeen, Hayden is extra crazy-horny, Tate is totally bugnuts delusional, the blonde doctor's wife chick is super baby crazy, the gay couple are intensely at each other's throats, Moira is even more slutty, etc... Makes me wonder how Vivien will be.

That reminds me of something I've been wondering about Moira--the older Moira appears to be her true personality, but why has she aged? My theory is that it has something to do with her body still being physically on the property, but there must be more to it than that. They still haven't revealed all of the rules for how being a ghost in that house works.

Also, just a few things I've been pondering:

I'm still waiting to find out who Constance's fourth child is, and what on earth happened to him or her. She dropped a hint early on that she had four children and should have stopped after the first, but that's the last that we've heard.

Why do only some of the ghosts disguise their wounds? Chad's neck isn't broken, Tate isn't riddled with bullet holes, and young Moira obviously isn't missing an eye, but the twins still have their throats slashed and Nora has a gaping wound at the back of her head. I can't decide if it has something to do with the way the ghosts see themselves, or if it's just something the show does from time to time for shock value.

WHERE IS THE HARMONS' DOG.

There's always money in the banana stand.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 2:41 PM
I thought I remembered her saying something about little hooves when she was talking to V in the church, but I'm not going to bet the farm on that - my memory isn't what it used to be. She must've seen something - unless she was some kind of religious fanatic always on the lookout for the Antichrist.
Oh my God, the poor little dog - what happened to her? Maybe one of the ghosts is taking care of her or maybe she's a ghost now too.
The way the ghosts show themselves - I don't understand that. Remember Larry's wife and kids still burnt to a crisp - the wife's head was still glowing like an ember. The ghost personalities seem to consist of their emotions at the time of death and/or their primary concerns in life, but Moira and Tate are special. Moira shows herself 2 ways and seems to be controlled by Constance. The young Moira is physically perfect, and the older Moira just has a funky eye. She only does the slutty act at Constance's bidding, I think. (Hugo was raping her when Constance shot them.) Maybe Violet and Vivien are special now too, and they aren't under the control of Constance.
A ghost I forgot about (although he hasn't been seen yet) is that poor unfortunate exterminator.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 4:12 PM
Yeah, I counted the exterminator in my tally of 28 ghosts. I've been wondering about Constance's first child, too. It'll turn out to be Ben or something like that (LOL).

You know, the amplifying theory is good, I think. It even seemed to apply to the the family. Vivien, super depressed (with reason), Ben, a super-slimey jerk, and Violet, the angst queen. If that's the case, then their emotions must be ammped up before they die, if you get what I mean. Tate, for example, from what we've seen was already very angry and confused, almost dissociative acting.

As for why they appear the way they do, I guess it depends on how they see themselves. Moira sees herself as damaged, so she is. Nora sees herself as a victim, so she appears with a big hole in her head. That's my guess anyway.

Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#20 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
She only does the slutty act at Constance's bidding, I think. (Hugo was raping her when Constance shot them.) Maybe Violet and Vivien are special now too, and they aren't under the control of Constance.

I don't think she's acting under Constance's bidding... Moira was killed under somewhat false pretenses (she had slept with Constance's husband once, but like you said she was being raped the time that Constance walked in and shot her), and I think that her ghost form is an extreme version of both Constance and her husband seeing her the way they wanted to see her.

I know she... collaborated (:giggler with Constance to get rid of that real estate shark, but I don't think she was acting under duress. Constance is intimidating and certainly knows her way around the house, but I don't think she has any kind of supernatural control over anyone in it. I imagine that she wouldn't need Billie Dean if she did.

There's always money in the banana stand.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 7:51 PM
It's clear that Moira, at least, is doing some kind of penitence in the house. But no one else seems to be. Although some of them were innocent like the nurses, many of them seem to have been involved in something nefarious at their death. But it doesn't seem that they are being punished in any way, other than being trapped in the house in the first place.

Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
many of them seem to have been involved in something nefarious at their death.

yes I agree that most of them died due to something unsavory they were involved in but I think that other than the doctor/mad scientist guy who built the house none other them were particularly in controle of themselves. I think that the nefarious things they were involved in were typically not their own fault.

Another thing I wondering is why the house is the way it is I kinda assume it is because of all the young pregnant women that where killed there I suppose it could be something else but if it was all those womens ghosts would be there too right? and Quite alot of those women died there didn't they?
Mad Poster
#23 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 8:49 PM
Don't know how many women died during their abortions. The only one in the house so far is the Black Dahlia

retired moderator
#24 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 8:50 PM
I thought there were only a couple of the pregnant women who actually died there - it was mostly a whole bunch of aborted babies, wasn't it? But I think it's gotta be something else too.

Mad Poster
#25 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 2:04 AM Last edited by RoseCity : 18th Dec 2011 at 4:32 AM.
Wow, I just realized what the deal is with Constance's 4th child - (maybe everyone already knew except me?)
Page 1 of 5