Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 4:51 PM
Default 1biKairi's "Little Green Outfit" fixed?
This isn't really something I've created at all -- just something I think I may have fixed. In looking for possible uniforms for a Simlogical private school that I may open in Veronaville, when I was looking at this skirt by ardvaarkams, I stumbled across three recolours by 1biKairi. I decided that the recolours really weren't suitable for a school uniform (not even in Veronaville !), but some girls might like to wear them anyway, so I downloaded them. Two of the recolours showed up ok, but, both in CAS and in Body Shop, the third one (the green one) showed up as a Maxis outfit. This I think usually means that the game can't find the mesh for the outfit, which is odd as I'd just downloaded the mesh, and other recolours were working. I extracted the textures in SimPE, and created a new recolour of the mesh in Body Shop, using those textures. And my new version works. (At least it works in Body Shop and CAS, and shows the right thumbnail.) Since I appear to have made a fix for a download that wasn't working, it only seems fair to offer to share it. So I was wondering if some of you could possibly download my version and test that it works in your games.

I think my version is probably what Kairi meant us to have, but there does seem to be one possible discrepancy between my version and her original. The problem is that she gave us such a small picture to judge it from:
That gold (or yellow?) band above the waistband of the skirt appears to be missing in 1biKairi's original picture. As she hasn't logged on for about 11 years it seems pointless trying to ask her, but other skins using this mesh include white panties, with part of the panties showing above the waistband. Kairi's picture is tiny, but I think they may be showing at the side of the skirt (our right hand side -- the model's left hand side). On the textures for this green recolour she has replaced the white panties with black ones, and removed the part of them previously showing above the skirt. I think she may have added that band to provide some interest at that point. I'd be interested to hear what other people think.

I'd also like you to download and test 1biKairi's original version from here. She has .rars nested inside a .rar, and the one we're interested is the greenish one. The package file is 5f763c4f_TeenKairiXXXAmy1.package inside TeenKairiXXXAmy1.rar. Please test it to check that it doesn't work for you either. Because, if it shows for everybody else, and it's only me who has the problem, there's little or no point in me uploading a fix. However the last person to post in 1biKairi's download thread (TigerSoundNet back in 2009) had exactly the same problem as I had. It's unlikely to be an EP problem because Kairi uploaded her recolours in the same month that University (EP1) was released, and aardvarkams shared the mesh a few days before that first EP came out. These are very old uploads.

My last question is, assuming that I really have fixed a problem, where and how should I upload the file? It seems too minor to submit it through the normal queue, and anyway, it's not my work -- it's 1biKairi's. Should I just upload it in a comment on the original upload? If it's a worthwhile fix, it would be worth highlighting it on the front page of the original upload, but, in the absence of the original creator, only a mod can do that.

aardvarkams (Amy), llunauk (Erin) and 1biKairi (Kairi) appear to me to have been 3 friends (possibly -- reading between the lines -- more than friends!) working together in the earliest days of MTS. It seems that Amy (who was clearly regarded as an excellent mesher) made the meshes, and her friends did the colouring. My theory is that Kairi may have made this recolor with a different version of the mesh, possibly an earlier Beta version, and that's why it won't work for me, when it clearly worked for her, or she wouldn't have been able to take the picture.

Phew! I thought this post would be a quickie, but there were so many things to say. I just hope this post makes some sense to you!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TeenKairiXXXAmy1.zip (243.5 KB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Description: 1biKairi's "Little Green Outfit" fixed

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.