Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2020 at 9:24 PM
Default How do i recolor something like this?
I love this chair but the cushion part of the texture has these plants all over it, is there a non-painful way of removing it or would i have to try and hunt down a white texture of this cushion? (for recoloring)?

Sorry for such a noob question, I am not totally good with recoloring yet...
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 13th May 2020 at 1:24 PM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 13th May 2020 at 5:51 PM.
May I ask what chair this texture belongs to? I'm thinking you can either 1. remove the pattern in photoshop or 2. like you said, find a plain recolor of the chair and use that texture as a base instead. If the creator is active, you could always message them and ask them if they perhaps still have a psd file of the texture or such!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th May 2020 at 3:42 PM
Normally I'd try to hunt down a plain recolor to use as an overlay, or make one myself. Depends on the difficulty level of making a plain overlay out of the texture (deleting the pattern or redoing the shadows). If you have one without a pattern but in a darker color, there's always a way to brighten it up and do some trickery with the texture.

For a cushion or anything fabric-like, you can sometimes get away with using a pattern and a texture overlay that looks like fabric.