Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 12:43 AM
Default Need some feedback on eyes
my first stab at trying to paint eyes, idk if i like them. it looks like something is off..feedback??

Whee.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 12:55 AM
it looks quite good in my opinion. I'd sharpen it up a bit though. It seems kinda blurry, so maybe fix that a little? :D

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 12:57 AM
i know it looks a bit blurry, i'm fixing that right now the problem with bmp compression is it kinda gets all yucky compared to png's, so I'll post pics in a few of them sharpened!

Whee.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 1:24 AM
i sharpened them, but now they look to pixelated and crunchy.

Whee.
Scholar
#5 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 1:36 AM
I like them, especially at the bottom. The only thing I'm kinda not sure of is the shines at the top...I mean the positioning of them. They're kind of in a weird postition, side by side like that. That's about it
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 5:54 AM
Yes, I suggest not sharpening them as such, but use a hard brush with little opacity and trace over the existing lines to make them more defined. Also, look at other creators eyes such as Shady's. They should give you an idea of how the shiny bits should look like. But they are very good so far! I would download them despite the many eyes I have in my downloads folder already.
Rubric Wrangler
#7 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 7:41 PM Last edited by PharaohHound : 6th Mar 2009 at 7:44 PM. Reason: add something I forgot to mention
Yes, redrawing at higher resolution is probably the best way to get sharp textures without the crunchies. The catchlights (the shiny bits) are too symmetrical. Like MzzUnvrz suggested, look at Shady's "Sparkling Eyes", they have wonderful catchlights, whereas her "Sensual Eyes" have nice but more natural-looking ones.

Edit: nearly forgot to mention - never, never, never EVER use the sharpening tool or filters. It's no substitute for properly sharp images, and it makes them look gross. Really, just say "no" to artificial sharpening.
Locked thread | Locked by: lidiqnata Reason: useful last comment