Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tester Wanted: ★ Meshes for Rugs & Mats ★

by Numenor Posted 23rd Feb 2005 at 3:42 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2005 at 3:33 PM by Numenor : Added link to "no-shadow" set.

233 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 226 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 10
Lab Assistant
#176 Old 7th Jun 2005 at 12:01 AM
Thanks for the rugs...the non-shadows look terrific!Can't get a 3x4 recolor rug to work though. Downloading again to see if it will work with this newer versiuon. Thanks so much all of you for creating terrific items for the game! :-)
Banned
#177 Old 7th Jun 2005 at 6:25 PM
Round rugs
Apparently Echo modified one of the above rugs and came up with a round rug. This rug is now only available on a pay site and is probably earning quite a bit for them (TSR2). Is there any reason why (If I can do it) I couldn't also use your base to create a round or oval or oblong rug to my liking and maybe post it here for all to use? I hope that you get this message.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#178 Old 8th Jun 2005 at 2:35 PM
Visiting: Actually, the round rug was one of Windkeeper's pieces, not mine. She's made some of the nicest rug meshes out there, and as a featured artist at TSR her works are generally only available from there. They do cycle around to freebies on occasion though, if you keep your eyes on them!

You are welcome to remesh these rugs any way you see fit and distribute them wherever you wish. If you think you'd like to have a go at remeshing it to any shape then I'd be quite delighted. Keep in mind though that even if you manage to remesh the rug to the exact same shape and size as Windkeeper's round rug mesh, none of her rug textures (or anyone else's textures for her mesh) would work with yours. You'd have to make your own, unique textures for your mesh.

In any case, I do hope you will share any creations you make with us! I love seeing what wonderful things people come up with!
Banned
#179 Old 9th Jun 2005 at 12:17 PM
Thanks for the info and positive feedback.
#180 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 6:59 AM
what mesh or w/e yall call it do i need to download rugs 0.o
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#181 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 7:50 AM
goth: first post in this thread explains which mesh is needed for what. http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=46922
#182 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 4:20 PM
hey i was wondren if anyone could give me some mesh for clothes and hair...thx...email me or send me an IM it popstarchic201 and [email protected]
Field Researcher
#183 Old 13th Jul 2005 at 9:59 PM
Thank you Echo
Test Subject
#184 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 6:36 PM
Thanks much for the rug meshes. I really missed the rugs. And I have a question. Am I the only one with problem? I brought the 2x3, the 3x4, and the 2x1 bedside mat into SimPE and there wasn't any Texture Image in the files to look at. The other rug meshes had them. I used the rug meshes with a shadow. I need the Texture Image to be able to recolor and am wondering why they weren't in there. Anyone know about this?

Thanks,
Jo
Test Subject
#185 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 6:56 PM
Now strangely, I downloaded the no shadow rug meshes and still the 2x3 and the 2x1 bedside mat don't have Texture Images in them. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks,
Jo
Lab Assistant
#186 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jomammatee
Now strangely, I downloaded the no shadow rug meshes and still the 2x3 and the 2x1 bedside mat don't have Texture Images in them. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks,
Jo

You only need the 3x4 rug to recolor, this is the base for all. When you recolor the 3x4 rug from Echo, all other rugs have the same texture in. That´s really great, because you have to make only one rug and get three. :D
Test Subject
#187 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 2:58 AM
Thanks so much, Suza. Totally appreciate that info. It's like when you do a bed, you also get the twin size.

Jo
Lab Assistant
#188 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 6:47 AM
You´re welcome. Glad I could help you. :D
Test Subject
#189 Old 22nd Jul 2005 at 3:50 AM
i want to become a test subject how do i do that
Field Researcher
#190 Old 11th Aug 2005 at 5:19 PM
Looks amazing thanx
Test Subject
#191 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 9:10 AM
Thanks for that its awesome!
Lab Assistant
#192 Old 2nd Sep 2005 at 5:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babyangel36962
i want to become a test subject how do i do that

You are a test subject already. lol .. congrats

"It's never to late to make a new beginning!"
Test Subject
#193 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 7:29 AM
Great Work!
Test Subject
#194 Old 21st Sep 2005 at 11:30 AM
well I love these rugs BUT I went out and got University and now when I put the rug meshes into my game it freezes the game. I re downloaded the meshes in case the ones I had were old and out dated... same thing. Rug meshes in game = frozen game. Rug meshes out of game = playable game.

I took all my other downloads out, and only have some maxis recolors that I made recently with the newest simPE... so it cant be a conflict with other files.

Please I hope someone reads this and has an answer, or a fix. I have a gazillion rug recolors that I want to get back into my game!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#195 Old 21st Sep 2005 at 12:15 PM
That's really odd, because I've had them in my nightlife game no problems. Can you tell me what point the game is freezing? On boot, on catalogue, some other time?
Instructor
#196 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 11:50 AM Last edited by jacciinatl : 25th Sep 2005 at 11:55 AM.
Ok, Thanks for the update echo, 1 question however wil these overwrite the old files. I have tried to track them all down, but I can never tell.

Nevermind the file names are the same. I'll leave this up since someone else may have the same question. Thanks again I hope this works because I really missed my rugs.
Test Subject
#197 Old 3rd Oct 2005 at 11:13 AM
Me likey!
Lab Assistant
#198 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 8:12 PM
i downloaded everything!~

meguru meguru toki no naka de
bokutachi wa ai o sagashiteiru
tsuyoku tsuyoku naritai kara
kyou mo takaisora miage
Forum Resident
#199 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 7:33 PM
I'm playing the patched version of University and the 3x4 large rug crashed my game even when it was the only custom item in my downloads. This occured when looking in the catalogue as soon as I hit the button for the section/page that the mesh should have shown up on. Other rugs were working except for a few textures. If someone had cloned the rug instead of making a recolor package would that have created a conflict leading to a crash? If so I'll redownload the mesh and be more careful about the recolors.
(I've had problems with the bathmat in the past causing my game to crash. In that case it was a cloned "recolor" of the mat was the problem. I didn't see two meshes for the larger rug when I scanned for it though).
Test Subject
#200 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 8:47 PM
Echo, are the meshes in these downloads? I have a round rug in my game and it needs your mesh to work properly,

Thank you to all three of you I love your things. You all do wonderful work.

Thanks again,

rascal1949
Page 8 of 10