Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 Skin Converter V2.3, enable CC skintones in CAS

by CmarNYC Posted 9th Dec 2020 at 10:12 PM - Updated 20th Dec 2020 at 3:15 PM by CmarNYC

151 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 111 Feedback Posts, 39 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 7
Test Subject
#76 Old 12th Dec 2020 at 7:43 AM
Hi! I'm still having trouble with the error telling me that "there's no skintones in this package". I'm positive what I'm trying to run through it are skintones and not overlays or skin details, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I just need to open the TS4SkinConverter in the file, right?
Test Subject
#77 Old 12th Dec 2020 at 7:54 AM Last edited by LexiLou55 : 12th Dec 2020 at 8:16 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by LexiLou55
Hi! I'm still having trouble with the error telling me that "there's no skintones in this package". I'm positive what I'm trying to run through it are skintones and not overlays or skin details, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I just need to open the TS4SkinConverter in the file, right?

just replying to my own thread with part of the solution that was posted previously. the skintones I was trying to use were defaults that were broken with previous patches. CmarNYC made another tool to fix this issue!! Here's the Default Replacement Tool to fix the broken skintones: https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=643164*

*edit: I tried running my skintones through the Default Replacement Tool, and then again through the Skin Converter, and again, I got the "there's no skintones in this package" error. I'm gonna try some steps again and see if I'm missing anything, but I am online atm so any support is appreciated!!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#78 Old 12th Dec 2020 at 9:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LexiLou55
just replying to my own thread with part of the solution that was posted previously. the skintones I was trying to use were defaults that were broken with previous patches. CmarNYC made another tool to fix this issue!! Here's the Default Replacement Tool to fix the broken skintones: https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=643164*

*edit: I tried running my skintones through the Default Replacement Tool, and then again through the Skin Converter, and again, I got the "there's no skintones in this package" error. I'm gonna try some steps again and see if I'm missing anything, but I am online atm so any support is appreciated!!

As I recall that package is a replacement skin, not a skintone/skin color. Skins change the textures with body definition - shading and face and body details. This fixer doesn't affect them.

Even if it's a skintone fixed with the 'texture only' option in the default replacement tool you got replacements of the textures only, not the TONE which is the file defining where it appears in CAS, modifiers, slider limits, etc. These replacements appear with no wrench icon. There are no TONEs to fix. Looking at this I realize the terminology is a little confusing.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#79 Old 12th Dec 2020 at 12:20 PM
Cmar, you're my goddess for ever and ever
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#80 Old 12th Dec 2020 at 10:20 PM
Newest update of your mod fixed my issue. Thanks for the help, I always appreciate how modders like you do things better than EA does.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#81 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 8:53 PM
I decided not to update because of the unknown issues, but you just came through like FIRE! I CANNOT believe how quickly you made a solution!!??!! So, I'm going all in with the update! Thank you so much for sharing your gift.
Test Subject
#82 Old 14th Dec 2020 at 12:02 AM
There are 12 items in the folder. Do I just put this file TS4SkinConverter.exe in my mods folder? Thanks for the Mod.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#83 Old 14th Dec 2020 at 1:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whymelani
There are 12 items in the folder. Do I just put this file TS4SkinConverter.exe in my mods folder? Thanks for the Mod.

No, you run the tool to update your skintone packages for the patch, then put them in your mods folder.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#84 Old 14th Dec 2020 at 8:21 AM
Hello CMar. I was trying to update XMiraMira's melanin pack 3 with the skintone updater but it won't show up in game every time I update it. I even pressed enable for humans and all occults but nothing seems to work.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#85 Old 14th Dec 2020 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LaelaeMaknaex
Hello CMar. I was trying to update XMiraMira's melanin pack 3 with the skintone updater but it won't show up in game every time I update it. I even pressed enable for humans and all occults but nothing seems to work.

I can't find that pack, please either upload it or give me a direct working link that doesn't try to infect my PC.

Test Subject
#86 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 1:50 AM
Default PYXIS StuckOnYou natural skintones won't show up D:
I have tried to update both the natural and supernatural versions of PYXIS's skins and only the supernatural version will show up in my game. I have both put in my mods folder but I can't find the natural skins at all. I set them to go to neutral and they are no where to be found. Any help?
Attached files:
File Type: rar  PYXIS_StuckOnYou_Skintones_NATURAL_UPDATEDMEW.rar (6.21 MB, 12 downloads)
Test Subject
#87 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 3:29 AM Last edited by Dove the Unoriginal : 15th Dec 2020 at 4:18 AM.

Hi! I spoke to XMiraMira during one of her Twitch streams after she had updated Packs 1 and 2. When I asked her about pack 3, she said having Version 2 of Pack 2 was all I needed. I don't know if she combined them or had similar issues; I didn't think to ask for further details at the time, but now I'm curious. (I couldn't tell you if they're in my own game because after a 3-day CC shopping haul I've been doing some much-needed managing of my bloated CC folder. I haven't played Sims 4 since the Dec 7th update.) Btw, I'd also recommend the Bare skin tones by Lamatisse if you don't have them already. Maybe that will help fill in any gaps?

(Edit: I swear I found an updated version of 4, and now I can't find the new link again for the life of me?? Wait, I'm an idiot. The newer version was on Mediafileshare instead of Simfileshare but it was updated earlier this year, not for the most recent patch. At least now I know I'm not going crazy. I'm also not sure if she combined pack 4 with her previous packs.)

Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I can't find that pack, please either upload it or give me a direct working link that doesn't try to infect my PC.

Here you go! https://simfileshare.net/download/440088/
Test Subject
#88 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 6:14 AM
Hello! Made an account just 2 say this, I've come across 2 errors after various different attempts.

First of all, Some of the conversions end up being immediately corrupted thus not letting the game open, but when taken out it works, Other times, it does launch, all seems well, but when you go to create a sim, they still dont show up.

Ive enabled for humans, all the different occults, etc. to see if any of those options would change its visibility but nothing.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#89 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 11:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maskeradeplays
Hello! Made an account just 2 say this, I've come across 2 errors after various different attempts.

First of all, Some of the conversions end up being immediately corrupted thus not letting the game open, but when taken out it works, Other times, it does launch, all seems well, but when you go to create a sim, they still dont show up.

Ive enabled for humans, all the different occults, etc. to see if any of those options would change its visibility but nothing.

I can't possibly answer this without seeing the packages. Please upload the originals and conversions.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#90 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 11:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CrybabieRin
I have tried to update both the natural and supernatural versions of PYXIS's skins and only the supernatural version will show up in my game. I have both put in my mods folder but I can't find the natural skins at all. I set them to go to neutral and they are no where to be found. Any help?

They work fine in my game. Check that you removed the old package, and try removing all other mods and CC to check whether there's a conflict.
Screenshots

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#91 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 11:34 AM

They work fine in my game. Check that you removed the old package, and try testing with all other mods and CC removed to check for a conflict.

Quote: Originally posted by Dove the Unoriginal
Hi! I spoke to XMiraMira during one of her Twitch streams after she had updated Packs 1 and 2. When I asked her about pack 3, she said having Version 2 of Pack 2 was all I needed. I don't know if she combined them or had similar issues; I didn't think to ask for further details at the time, but now I'm curious. (I couldn't tell you if they're in my own game because after a 3-day CC shopping haul I've been doing some much-needed managing of my bloated CC folder. I haven't played Sims 4 since the Dec 7th update.) Btw, I'd also recommend the Bare skin tones by Lamatisse if you don't have them already. Maybe that will help fill in any gaps?

Thanks!
Screenshots

Test Subject
#92 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 4:37 PM
They work fine in my game. Check that you removed the old package, and try testing with all other mods and CC removed to check for a conflict.

Thanks!

You're welcome!

Btw, I forgot to mention last night that there's another copy of Pack 3 on Simfileshare because Akaysims updated it for Wicked Whims. I don't know if anyone might be trying to update that copy versus the one Mira uploaded. https://simfileshare.net/download/637789/

I also noticed Pyxis said their Natural files had been updated for WW (by Cupcakegnome and Capsaicin) but not the Supernatural files. I'm wondering if the Wicked Whims updates are causing complications for anyone who commented here? Maybe they simply had corrupted package files, but I figured it was worth bringing up. https://pyxiidis.blogspot.com/2018/...-skintones.html
Test Subject
#93 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 4:48 PM
If it's a very old skin you may have to enable it for humans and whatever occults. If you want to upload the package I'll be happy to take a look.

omg you're so kind! i do understand how to enable them with your wonderful program, my issue is that i can't open any of them bc it says there are no skintones in the package lol i checked the tsr description pages to make sure they are skintones, not details .... i mean i think i'm doing it right but probably not, i'm pretty new to this lol thank you so much for your help. it won't let me attach the file, it says its an invalid type? so here's the link on tsr i hope that's ok. https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...k-1/id/1442237/
Test Subject
#94 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HelenaHandbasket
omg you're so kind! i do understand how to enable them with your wonderful program, my issue is that i can't open any of them bc it says there are no skintones in the package lol i checked the tsr description pages to make sure they are skintones, not details .... i mean i think i'm doing it right but probably not, i'm pretty new to this lol thank you so much for your help. it won't let me attach the file, it says its an invalid type? so here's the link on tsr i hope that's ok. https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...k-1/id/1442237/

I'm wondering if skin tones that aren't for all genders and ages are having this problem. I had a similar issue with a file from GPME. The page says there's an overlay but also that there's a skin tone file, which is the one that I tried to convert. https://goppolsme.wixsite.com/goppo...LD-Skintones-M3
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#95 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 6:15 PM
You're welcome!

Btw, I forgot to mention last night that there's another copy of Pack 3 on Simfileshare because Akaysims updated it for Wicked Whims. I don't know if anyone might be trying to update that copy versus the one Mira uploaded. https://simfileshare.net/download/637789/

I also noticed Pyxis said their Natural files had been updated for WW (by Cupcakegnome and Capsaicin) but not the Supernatural files. I'm wondering if the Wicked Whims updates are causing complications for anyone who commented here? Maybe they simply had corrupted package files, but I figured it was worth bringing up. https://pyxiidis.blogspot.com/2018/...-skintones.html

Thanks! The WW modification is a change to the textures and shouldn't affect how or whether the skin colors show up.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#96 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HelenaHandbasket

No problem. This is a skin details skin. Anything you apply in the skin details section cannot be updated by this tool.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#97 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 6:22 PM
I'm wondering if skin tones that aren't for all genders and ages are having this problem. I had a similar issue with a file from GPME. The page says there's an overlay but also that there's a skin tone file, which is the one that I tried to convert. https://goppolsme.wixsite.com/goppo...LD-Skintones-M3

The 'skin tone' package is skin details. This tool only works on skin colors found in the CAS skin colors section, not skin details.

Test Subject
#98 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 7:54 PM
The 'skin tone' package is skin details. This tool only works on skin colors found in the CAS skin colors section, not skin details.

Thanks for all the replies! I guess it's just a problem with terminology in that case. I mean, I had some suspicions but the fact both simmers described them as skin tones became confusing.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't want to spam you. I do see how the WW thing shouldn't cause problems then. Have a great day!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#99 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 8:20 PM
Thanks for all the replies! I guess it's just a problem with terminology in that case. I mean, I had some suspicions but the fact both simmers described them as skin tones became confusing.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't want to spam you. I do see how the WW thing shouldn't cause problems then. Have a great day!

No problem. Yes, the terminology is confusing with three very different types of skin textures all being called skins or skin tones, and a lot of creators don't indicate where you find the skin color/overlay/definition replacement so that adds to the confusion.

Test Subject
#100 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 8:46 PM
No problem. Yes, the terminology is confusing with three very different types of skin textures all being called skins or skin tones, and a lot of creators don't indicate where you find the skin color/overlay/definition replacement so that adds to the confusion.

it does indeed. sorry to bother with such a silly question! i really did check to see if they were showing up in game ... i thought lol thank you again for taking the time
Page 4 of 7