Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 Skin Converter V2.3, enable CC skintones in CAS

by CmarNYC Posted 9th Dec 2020 at 10:12 PM - Updated 20th Dec 2020 at 3:15 PM by CmarNYC

151 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 111 Feedback Posts, 39 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 7
Test Subject
#126 Old 30th Mar 2021 at 11:28 PM
I should be seeing it then, I guess? It doesn't show up in my game plus the game doesn't launch after I try to HQ it. I thought like "ok I can play without hq for some time", but it just doesn't show up.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#127 Old 31st Mar 2021 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RegineK
I should be seeing it then, I guess? It doesn't show up in my game plus the game doesn't launch after I try to HQ it. I thought like "ok I can play without hq for some time", but it just doesn't show up.

They show up fine in my non-HQ game, in the Neutral panel.

I haven't had a chance to test HQ skins yet since EA changed their skin color texturing standard again so I can't help with that right now.

You're not running Legacy Edition, are you? The latest version of skintones won't show up in it.
Screenshots

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#128 Old 31st Mar 2021 at 2:24 PM
Welp, it is legacy edition. Though MsBlue's skintone set V3 shows up just fine, HQed.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#129 Old 31st Mar 2021 at 4:50 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 31st Mar 2021 at 5:05 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by RegineK
Welp, it is legacy edition. Though MsBlue's skintone set V3 shows up just fine, HQed.

You must be using an old version. If you can find an old version of the rainbow tones, that should work too.

Edit: You can also try using TS4 Skininator - open the package, let it convert the textures, then click the Save for Legacy Edition button and let it convert again and save the package. I don't use LE and haven't tested this, but in theory it should work.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#130 Old 1st Apr 2021 at 12:02 PM
Thanks, I'll try that ^^
Test Subject
#131 Old 6th Apr 2021 at 5:15 PM
Hi!

I have some skintones which have been updated by the creators, but the problem I am having with them is that the slider is way too "powerful" on them. I know this was an issue when the game update first happened, but I recall one of the versions of this program fixing it.

My problem now is that to fix them so that the sliders are less powerful, I would need the old, original versions of these skintones - which I don't have.

Is there a way to convert already-updated skintones to re-updated skintones, with better slider support?

Here's a link to the skintones (Google Drive, no ads) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iM...1LCujTKAQJ/view as the upload button shouted at me.

Thanks for all your hard work!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#132 Old 6th Apr 2021 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dariganno
Hi!

I have some skintones which have been updated by the creators, but the problem I am having with them is that the slider is way too "powerful" on them. I know this was an issue when the game update first happened, but I recall one of the versions of this program fixing it.

My problem now is that to fix them so that the sliders are less powerful, I would need the old, original versions of these skintones - which I don't have.

Is there a way to convert already-updated skintones to re-updated skintones, with better slider support?

Here's a link to the skintones (Google Drive, no ads) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iM...1LCujTKAQJ/view as the upload button shouted at me.

Thanks for all your hard work!

As of now, the only way I know of is to use TS4 Skininator or Sims4Studio to open the package and modify the slider minimum and maximum values for each color/skintone.

Thank you!
Screenshots

Test Subject
#133 Old 6th Apr 2021 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
As of now, the only way I know of is to use TS4 Skininator or Sims4Studio to open the package and modify the slider minimum and maximum values for each color/skintone.

Thank you!

Oh! Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#134 Old 8th Apr 2021 at 3:34 AM
Sorry, another thing.

Code:
************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.InvalidDataException: Not a DXT5 or L8 format DDS, read FourCC: None, format: None
   at s4pi.ImageResource.RLEResource.ImportToRLE(Stream input, RLEVersion rleVersion)
   at XMODS.Form1.OpenPackageForEdit(Boolean verbose)
   at XMODS.Form1.PackageEditFile_button_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4341.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------

Sometimes it says it will update textures but then it does this - even though they are updated already for the new patch. Is there something I can fix in Photoshop, or does the creator have to? Not sure about different kinds of DDS but I do have a DDS plugin.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#135 Old 8th Apr 2021 at 7:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dariganno
Sorry, another thing.

Code:
************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.InvalidDataException: Not a DXT5 or L8 format DDS, read FourCC: None, format: None
   at s4pi.ImageResource.RLEResource.ImportToRLE(Stream input, RLEVersion rleVersion)
   at XMODS.Form1.OpenPackageForEdit(Boolean verbose)
   at XMODS.Form1.PackageEditFile_button_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4341.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------

Sometimes it says it will update textures but then it does this - even though they are updated already for the new patch. Is there something I can fix in Photoshop, or does the creator have to? Not sure about different kinds of DDS but I do have a DDS plugin.

Please upload the package.

Test Subject
#136 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 11:41 PM
Is anyone else having trouble figuring out how to use this? I can save new versions of all my skins, they're all right there in my folder, but I can't see any of them in-game still. I know I don't have Legacy windows. There must be something I'm missing, but I can't figure it out. Anyone else?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#137 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by elenorasweet
Is anyone else having trouble figuring out how to use this? I can save new versions of all my skins, they're all right there in my folder, but I can't see any of them in-game still. I know I don't have Legacy windows. There must be something I'm missing, but I can't figure it out. Anyone else?

Please upload your original and converted packages.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#138 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 2:03 AM
This is so nice! I was so disappointed when the December update made it impossible to use the nicely textured cc skin tones; your cc skin tone converter has made creating new Sims much nicer.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#139 Old 17th Jun 2021 at 6:53 PM
thanks
Lab Assistant
#140 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 3:59 PM
lets hope this still works for the new update..
Test Subject
#141 Old 19th Oct 2021 at 10:26 PM
Hello, I recently downloaded this and I was able to update one skin that I really wanted to used successfully. However, I was trying to update the Simsperience 99 skin colors and I keep getting this error "System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 's4pi.Package, Version=2002.10.2050.28502, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." I'm not really sure what to do, so any help to fix this would be much appreciated!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#142 Old 19th Oct 2021 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by UnmeiUCray
Hello, I recently downloaded this and I was able to update one skin that I really wanted to used successfully. However, I was trying to update the Simsperience 99 skin colors and I keep getting this error "System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 's4pi.Package, Version=2002.10.2050.28502, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." I'm not really sure what to do, so any help to fix this would be much appreciated!

Make sure s4pi.Package.dll is in the folder. If it's missing, redownload the tool. And make sure you're running TS4SkinConverter.exe, not one of the other files starting with TS4SkinConverter. If it still doesn't work, try making the folder an exception in your antivirus.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#143 Old 31st Jan 2022 at 2:19 AM Last edited by Foxybaby : 31st Jan 2022 at 2:21 AM. Reason: added something
I used the older version upon release to convert all my skintones for the update and everything worked really well (thank you Cmar) I tried to use this tool to change the category a skintone was in but it won't allow it as it "doesn't contain any skintones that need to be converted". I'm just looking to change them from the Miscellaneous category to the neutral. Is there anyway this tool could do this?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#144 Old 31st Jan 2022 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Foxybaby
I used the older version upon release to convert all my skintones for the update and everything worked really well (thank you Cmar) I tried to use this tool to change the category a skintone was in but it won't allow it as it "doesn't contain any skintones that need to be converted". I'm just looking to change them from the Miscellaneous category to the neutral. Is there anyway this tool could do this?

No, this tool only changes category as part of conversion and your skintones are already converted.

Use TS4 Skininator instead: https://modthesims.info/d/568474/ts...-1-18-2022.html
Open the package, select the skintones you want to switch, click the 'Set Skin Panel' button, and it'll ask which category to put them in.
Screenshots

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#145 Old 21st Jun 2022 at 9:41 PM
You said this'd take a long time but it only took a few minutes to convert 34 skintones Tysm. I haven't tried them out yet but I know your work is always great so i'm impressed nonetheless.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#146 Old 25th May 2023 at 10:16 PM
Thank you for your mods, avid user of most of them! Hoping you might be able to help me, I'm wondering if there is a way to add the tan and burn masks to skintones that don't need updating by this tool (says they don't need converting but they don't have tan and burn states when I look at them in Skininator)? I have a few which I'd love to add that feature to, but would rather a tool did it for me than work out how to do it manually lol. Is this possible?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#147 Old 26th May 2023 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dollparts
Thank you for your mods, avid user of most of them! Hoping you might be able to help me, I'm wondering if there is a way to add the tan and burn masks to skintones that don't need updating by this tool (says they don't need converting but they don't have tan and burn states when I look at them in Skininator)? I have a few which I'd love to add that feature to, but would rather a tool did it for me than work out how to do it manually lol. Is this possible?

It should add the tan and burn textures as long as you have the 'Add tan and burn' option checked. If it's not working, please upload at least one package this is happening with.

Test Subject
#148 Old 26th May 2023 at 11:31 PM
It should add the tan and burn textures as long as you have the 'Add tan and burn' option checked. If it's not working, please upload at least one package this is happening with.

These lovely skintones by Lamatisse are without tan and burn states, but the converter says there is nothing to convert even with the tan and burn options checked. I could be missing something very obvious, so I do apologise if so. They are supernatural colours (I checked the include non human skintones, is that correct? I tried with and without anyway, same result, no skintones need converting) but I have other supernatural skintones from long ago that I was able to add tan and burn states to as they also needed updating so the tool could do both, but it seems not with skins that are otherwise up to date?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  LamatisseLOREskintonesBycolor.zip (13.43 MB, 2 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#149 Old 27th May 2023 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dollparts
These lovely skintones by Lamatisse are without tan and burn states, but the converter says there is nothing to convert even with the tan and burn options checked. I could be missing something very obvious, so I do apologise if so. They are supernatural colours (I checked the include non human skintones, is that correct? I tried with and without anyway, same result, no skintones need converting) but I have other supernatural skintones from long ago that I was able to add tan and burn states to as they also needed updating so the tool could do both, but it seems not with skins that are otherwise up to date?

Thanks! There is a bug causing this, but more importantly this tool is very old and there's a new version of the skintone plus skins use LRLE instead of DDS textures now. I won't be able to work on it for the next week so it'll take a little time to bring the tool up to date.

Test Subject
#150 Old 27th May 2023 at 2:40 PM
Thanks! There is a bug causing this, but more importantly this tool is very old and there's a new version of the skintone plus skins use LRLE instead of DDS textures now. I won't be able to work on it for the next week so it'll take a little time to bring the tool up to date.

All good, and thank you so much for looking into it. I shall look forward to the update tool, but absolutely no pressure :)
Page 6 of 7