Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 5:34 AM
Late Night Band feature with Showtime Singers?
I was just thinking about how unrealistic the bands are because there's no singers, so would it even be possible to make a mod that allowed singers to join the band and jam with the band? I think it'd be really awesome to be able to do that.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 11:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ohayitstiffanay
I was just thinking about how unrealistic the bands are because there's no singers, so would it even be possible to make a mod that allowed singers to join the band and jam with the band? I think it'd be really awesome to be able to do that.

I would love that too, personally. But alas, it simply can't be done...at all.

First of all, modders would have to make their own custom sounds for each of the instruments (guitar, bass, piano, drums) so they can accompany what the singer is singing. There are 10 songs for Singers, so, wow, that's serious hard work. They would also have to be modded perfectly so that the player can fast-forward the game properly and still make it sound right while accompanying the lead singer.

The entire process is just tedious that it's almost impossible. A feature like that is best be left to EA's production team.

I said a bow string, not a G -- oh, never mind.
My Simblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 8:12 PM
Hmm, maybe we'll get lucky and they make a patch or something... but until then, there'll just be a random girl singing in front of a band for now :c
Test Subject
#4 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 11:40 AM
or just make the playing band mute and cover it with the songs music :D
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by loken rocks
or just make the playing band mute and cover it with the songs music :D

So loken you are saying that you can mute the band but not the singer? Don't know if that is possible but if it is I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOWW CAN U PLEASE INFORM ME?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 8:09 PM
We don't allow lip synching in our band. Oosh Oosh.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 1:02 AM
Anyone still want this? I would like to gave it a try.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 1:34 AM
I'll make my own thread
Scholar
#9 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 10:51 AM
I would love to see this mod either, but it's difficult to make, so no modder can handle this.
Test Subject
#10 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 6:20 PM
I am not a sims modder (skyrim yes, sims no lol) but I was wondering if the way to do this might be to simply create additional modded instruments that made no sound themselves, rather than trying to mute the band? Isn't it possible to assign animations to new objects? It seems like it'd be possible to create instrument doubles that only have the animation associated with it? That way the instruments look like they're being "played" while the singer is singing but the only music is from the song the singer is singing?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 18th Nov 2016 at 5:45 AM
So this has not been done? Awww. I was really hoping for this. I just got Showtime and want to get Late Night soon, so this is a bummer.

I'll need to look into the songs from Showtime first, but I'm pretty sure I can create the audio. Probably including the sped up versions, especially if someone suggests recommended multipliers (speeds). If that's troubling, or at first for testing the code, I can absolutely at least create silent audio at the proper length NBD and quickly. If I need to separate the singer audio and provide that alone that may not actually be feasible, but I'll still look into it. Does someone have a link/resource to where I can listen to the Showtime songs so I can do that before I play through them in game? It will be some time before I get through all that in game.

It's a lot of work but I'll probably enjoy the work, get interesting experience, and enjoy my game later on (so will many others hopefully). The coding though, someone else will need to tackle that.

Please some coder let me know if you want to try that part. Contact me outside of this thread, even. :D

Goodywood, I checked your threads and did not see one related. Did you not start it??
Instructor
#12 Old 18th Nov 2016 at 7:32 AM
It could be done, if someone was a muscisian and a modder. And was willing to do covers both male and female of all the Sims songs...but that sounds like a huge project.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crackSIMcaine
So this has not been done? Awww. I was really hoping for this. I just got Showtime and want to get Late Night soon, so this is a bummer.

I'll need to look into the songs from Showtime first, but I'm pretty sure I can create the audio. Probably including the sped up versions, especially if someone suggests recommended multipliers (speeds). If that's troubling, or at first for testing the code, I can absolutely at least create silent audio at the proper length NBD and quickly. If I need to separate the singer audio and provide that alone that may not actually be feasible, but I'll still look into it. Does someone have a link/resource to where I can listen to the Showtime songs so I can do that before I play through them in game? It will be some time before I get through all that in game.

It's a lot of work but I'll probably enjoy the work, get interesting experience, and enjoy my game later on (so will many others hopefully). The coding though, someone else will need to tackle that.

Please some coder let me know if you want to try that part. Contact me outside of this thread, even. :D

Goodywood, I checked your threads and did not see one related. Did you not start it??

I don't know. I forget. Maybe I didn't.

The point is we don't need custom sounds, we can just mute the band like someone said and have them play any song we want, I suppose. Animations off anyway.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Abelladonna
I am not a sims modder (skyrim yes, sims no lol) but I was wondering if the way to do this might be to simply create additional modded instruments that made no sound themselves, rather than trying to mute the band? Isn't it possible to assign animations to new objects? It seems like it'd be possible to create instrument doubles that only have the animation associated with it? That way the instruments look like they're being "played" while the singer is singing but the only music is from the song the singer is singing?

Good idea! Also, be nice if we could set a timer for the band to only start playing when the music starts, or when the singer starts.