Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd May 2017 at 1:44 AM
I didn't make it to the future.
Ever see this type of game crash?

I had some lucky events in the game, then went to the future. I get there, and I have no sim.

This is the second time it's done this to me, and I have just wiped the Sims3 directory and did a fresh user install which usually fixes things. I didn't do a u/i on the game program files.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd May 2017 at 2:23 AM
I'll install traveler, thanks!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 23rd May 2017 at 12:07 PM
I normally install all of his mods for TS3, saves a lot of issues in the long run!

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
dodgy builder
#5 Old 23rd May 2017 at 3:07 PM
The Future is overrated.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd May 2017 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
The Future is overrated.

You're overrated.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#7 Old 23rd May 2017 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by newlibertysims
Rap battle! Bring it!

Boutta spit str8 🔥🔥🔥 here boiii
Bring it on my ni🅱🅱a

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
dodgy builder
#8 Old 23rd May 2017 at 6:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
You're overrated.

Yes, I know
Alchemist
#9 Old 23rd May 2017 at 10:08 PM
I recently had this after returning home from University, and managed to solve it by entering Edit Town and reselecting my sim's household. Hope this helps!

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd May 2017 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
I recently had this after returning home from University, and managed to solve it by entering Edit Town and reselecting my sim's household. Hope this helps!

I'll make a note of that... What would I click in the future before my sim has a household?
Alchemist
#11 Old 24th May 2017 at 8:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
I'll make a note of that... What would I click in the future before my sim has a household?

I am not sure exactly, as I don't have ITF, but doesn't it operate on the same basecamp principle as WA?

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Scholar
#12 Old 24th May 2017 at 9:06 AM
*sadly exhales cigarette for ten straight minutes* What future.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 24th May 2017 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
I am not sure exactly, as I don't have ITF, but doesn't it operate on the same basecamp principle as WA?

"I don't have ITF" That's the saddest thing I've heard all day... I'll try clicking the base camp next time.

Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
*sadly exhales cigarette for ten straight minutes* What future.
Okay, new saddest thing for the day.
dodgy builder
#14 Old 24th May 2017 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by newlibertysims
Would you like me to get you a pair of rose-colored glasses from the Sims 4 section of the site?

I don't know about Pirate, but I'm not that naiv
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 24th May 2017 at 7:12 PM
Not from Into The Future, but it used to happen a lot back in the old days, pre-Ambitions. Good times.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 27th May 2017 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BagelTheDog
Did you make it to the future?

Yes. It has just happened a couple of times.

I scrapped that game, started another. With the same mods and settings I had no problem. I've been to the future and back several times now.

I donno... maybe I played too long and C#'s memory leak problem bit me. I should get a life.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 27th May 2017 at 7:25 AM
I played my family for over 30 generations and had one sim not make it to Al Simhara and get zapped by the game. It may be the same, that sometimes the game just totally freaks out with travel for some reason? Other than the one time, all travel and all trips to the future worked.
dodgy builder
#18 Old 27th May 2017 at 10:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I played my family for over 30 generations and had one sim not make it to Al Simhara and get zapped by the game. It may be the same, that sometimes the game just totally freaks out with travel for some reason? Other than the one time, all travel and all trips to the future worked.

30 generations is a lot. I had 3 generations and just couldn't part with the grandparents. How can you develop a connection with each new generation and keep having fun?
Mad Poster
#19 Old 27th May 2017 at 2:30 PM
I was up to about generation 8 when I went from 2 to 3 as started that family late. I got to 8 generations in 4 and then started a new family of vamps. I like the continuity rather than skipping all over. I did major tracking of my 3 family in excel. Did the family tree. Took pics of everyone. I think I took over 30000 pics of the family last time I looked. I would have to look but think I was on generation 33 or 34 when I last played them.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 4:40 AM
I got that once the last time I was even able to open a save corrupted by the social worker taking my family's baby away.That resulted in a sim having been object-deleted in that save and ended up corrupting it.I exited and was no longer able to open the save after that UI failure load.