Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 12:10 AM
Default vampires scare everyone?
I have recently bought several expansions including Supernatural but when I interact with the other Sims with my Sim Vampira, when it reveals to be part of the vampires all the other Sims react badly, even if they are friends, mess-ups or boyfriends. Do you need a different relationship or can this effect not be avoided?
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 8:13 AM
If you mean that they freak out like neurotic Sims then this seems to be unavoidable; even the vampires themselves freak out occasionally in the presence of other vampires or when others freaked out because of them.
I once did a quick and cursory search in the game files to look for any clues because of that but didn't find anything. I am still unsure therefore what triggers the freaking out. One theory that I have is that it is the "Hunted" moodlet and that other Sims know when there's a Sim on a lot with that moodlet. I still remember, though, that when LN was released that the problem was much worse, because back then Sims wouldn't simply freak out but would puke when they were near a vampire; they fixed that in a later patch.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 10:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
Sims wouldn't simply freak out but would puke when they were near a vampire; they fixed that in a later patch.

But that's the perfect defend mechanisms! How would touch anybody who just spewed their stomach's content!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 8:59 PM
I understand then it is normal and inevitable, thanks for the info: D
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 8:32 AM
And just now I realise that you meant something else in your initial post. You mean the reaction to the dialogue option "Confess To Being A Vampire"? Yes, that usually triggers a negative response. I think it is only Sims with the Supernatural Fan trait who will react positively to that line of conversation.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
And just now I realise that you meant something else in your initial post. You mean the reaction to the dialogue option "Confess To Being A Vampire"? Yes, that usually triggers a negative response. I think it is only Sims with the Supernatural Fan trait who will react positively to that line of conversation.

I meant that, but I still discovered things that I did not know interesting
Ahh right I'll try with a sim that has that trait